Neurology Community
spinning out problem ?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

spinning out problem ?

headspin, blank vision, head pressure, squinting, rolling of eyes, headache, unstable.

about 70% of the time, mostly going from a relaxed position, or a position i have been in for 5 min or more, then quickly moving i get a massive rush of head pain, i cant help but to squint and my eyes feel as they are rolling backward, it hurts, i have to grab something or i fall, my vision goes black just before my eyes close, all within 20 seconds,  i feel light headed after it happens and retain a headache for 10 minutes or more.
this happens about twice every day ? and i doo not know why, iv been told water, diet, unfit etc etc.
what is wrong with me ?
thankyou.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), which is an entity in which with movement of the head the person is likely to get dizziness. This happens because of a disorder of the labyrinth system in the inner ear. It can get affected due to head injuries, surgeries, nerve inflammations and as a side effect to medications. In a majority of cases the cause is not known. It is diagnosed by a physical examination and sometimes blood tests, a CT and MRI and audiology tests can further help with diagnosis.  Therapy is with diazepam and OTC meclizine. Other measures which help are elevating the head end of the bed, drinking plenty of fluids, avoiding sudden movements of the head and taking precautions with driving during an attack. Please consult your primary care physician who will do an initial clinical assessment and then may refer you to a neurologist.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.