spondylosis
I am having degenerative cervical spondylysis.
My MRI detials are --
1) straightning of cervical spine(2)Marginal osteophytosis from C2 to C2 levels with indentation over the cal sec particularly at C5/6and C6/7. (3)degenertive disc disease.

C2/3-- posterio left lateral annular bulging is present causing significat compression of left existing nerve root.
C3/4 intervertebral disc-- mild bilateral posttero lateral annular bulging is present.
C5/6 diffuse posterior annular bulging particularly towards left side is present.
C6/7- intervertebral disc-- diffuse posterior annular bulging causing bilateral lateral recess narrowing and compression of bilatral existing nerve roots
Spinal canal diameters are normal.

Now I am also getting difficulty in sleeping. In the early part of sleep I am waking up with breathing problem and during this time I feel that I am having some obstruction in the throat. Also I am feeling shortness of breath sometimes.But the later part of the sleep is sound. This sleep problem comes only for about half an hour and then I get good sleep.

What could be the reason for this.. is this sleep problem due to spondylosis or sleep apnea?