sports supplements for CIDP
My dad was diagnosed with CIDP a couple of months ago, after a couple of weeks of gradual muscle weakening, then acute collapse.  He has had a couple of rounds of IVIg and corticosteroids, along with physical therapy.
He made progress for awhile, then slid back.  The whole time that he's been under treatment his physicians have shown their own lack of nutritional knowledge, by not prescribing anything more than a few vitamins.  Has anyone consulted with SPORTS nutritionists about using sports supplements, like meal replacement shakes (protein drinks) and other sports supplements like HMB, creatine, branched-chain amino acids, etc?
The rehab facility where my dad lives is basically a nursing home with a physical therapy department and the food *****!  Dad also has bad dentures and can't eat hard or chewy foods.
Sorry to hear about your Dad. I see your desire to help him is great as evident by your desire to focus on better nutrition (which couldn't hurt to do). But CIDP - Chronic inflammatory polyneuropathy involves nerve swelling and irritation (inflammation) that leads to a loss of strength or sensation and I don't see nutrition fixing that. The cause of chronic inflammatory polyneuropathy is an abnormal immune response. The specific triggers vary. In many cases, the cause cannot be identified.

Treatment- The goal of treatment is to control symptoms. What treatment is given depends on how severe the symptoms are, among other things. The most aggressive treatment is usually only given if you have difficulty walking or if symptoms interfere with your ability to care for yourself or perform work functions.

Treatments may include:

•Corticosteroids to help reduce inflammation and relieve symptoms

•Other medications that suppress the immune system (for some severe cases)

•Removing antibodies from the blood, using plasmapheresis or plasma exchange

•Intravenous immune globulin (IVIg), which involves adding large numbers of antibodies to the blood plasma to reduce the effect of the antibodies that are causing the problem

Expectations (prognosis)
The outcome varies. The disorder may continue long-term, or you may have repeated episodes of symptoms. Complete recovery is possible, but permanent loss of nerve function is not uncommon.

Hope you find this info helpful and I pray for your Dad's improvement.