Neurology Expert Forum
strange feelings on left side

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

strange feelings on left side

For about a week now, my left arm (mainly left hand) has just felt slightly different. It is hardly noticeable, but it definitley feels different, like a minor tingling/weekness. But very very minor, it is almost like i have to try to feel it, but i do know its there. The strange thing is that my left leg also has the same symptoms but mainly in the foot. Once again hardly noticeable, but it does feel different. So to summarize, very minor tingling in limbs on left side. Arm just feels different,what action do these symptoms call for? No prior problems like this, no major medical history.
Start with your primary care physician. Depending on your age, stroke risk factors, history of migraine, and other medical problems you may need further evaluation with a neurological consult and imaging studies such as an MRI of the brain. But before jumping the gun, talk to your family doc and have him/her take a look at you. Good luck.
THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE SAME KIND OF SYMPTOMS THAT I HAD BEFORE IT GOT WORSE.  NOT TO SCARE YOU (I DON'T HAVE A DX YET) BUT I HAVE HAD A MRI THAT SHOWED 5 LESIONS WITH A POSS MS DX.  ALL MY OTHER TEST WERE NORMAL.  I SEE A MS SPECIALIST IN JULY.  THOSE TINGLING WEAKNESS FEELINGS ARE MORE APPARENT TO ME WHEN I AM SITTING STILL OR RELAXING.  AS LONG AS I AM MOVING I DON'T NOTICE THEM, BUT I DO NOTICE OTHER SYMPTOMS SUCH AS BLURRED VISION AND DIZZINESS.  ANY OTHER STRANGE SYMPTOMS OR HAVE YOU HAD ANY TEST DONE?
No i dont have any blurred vision or anything like that, no tests done either, and its not like the feeling affects me at all, so i am not sure
I also have very strange feelings all on my left side. It started with a feeling as though someone was pressing hard on my head. It then went to a numbing feeling, and has now progressed to tingling all over my face, dowon my left arm, and bad tingling in my left hand.
My leg is also affected but not as bad as the arm and head. My leg feels as though it has a trapped nerve.
I am having difficulty hearing properly as well. I have been told i will have to wait at least 2 months before i go and get a cat scan. So until then i am left with the stress of working out what it is.
Exactly my symptoms of mild to moderate cervical stenosis. Had an MRI when hand, arm, leg weakness got worse and turned to unsteady gait, balance problems, some dizzyness, and very stiff lower legs -- this started 3 months after a car accident. The doctor gave me prednisone for 10 days then anti-inflammatories and the symptoms vanished--for awhile. The vervical MRI, by the way, showed definite envolvment of the cervical spine into the foramen, causing (at the least) inflammation of the spinal cord, along with some compression. I'd say take some Motrin for awhile and see if it gets better, that would be a lead toward a source of spine involvement.
I've had what sounds like the same problem for about 3 years now.  It started as an almost-numbness/strange feeling in my second to last toe on the left side, then the strange feeling crept up through my leg, my hip, and eventually to my left arm.  It only hurts when I'm sitting or laying down, and actually lying on my left side helps.  It feels like stretching would help, but doesn't really...  I've been to a neurologist, had several tests, taken naproxen, and seen a chiropractor for more than a year and nothing's helped.  It's to the point where I don't even know what it'd be like if the pain went away, but I think it'd be nice!  But hey, at least it's not getting worse!
Hi. Two months ago, while watching television, my left hand and foot began feeling very tingly. Thinking it was pins and needles, I shook it out, but made it worse. Within 10 minutes it spread down my arm and up my leg until I was completely paralysed. I could feel everything but could not move. All tests (various blood, neuro, MRI) were neg. Top doctors baffled. Only suggestion is a virus (I suffered from a mild cold three weeks before) attacking the nervous system. I am still doing physio, can walk ok without crutches, but get tired easily and can only work every other day in my busy financial job. Both too much exertion and rest can increase the burning tingly arm and leg pain which is there all day. Only perseverance and no medical/herbal/homeopathic remedies have helped. PLEASE can anyone advise!!!!