Neurology Community
strange hot feeling in finger

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

strange hot feeling in finger

I have been having a strange feeling in my index finger recently, it has been happening for a while now. I have been getting a sudden hot feeling that starts at my knuckle and travels down my finger and lasts few seconds. It feels like something has just released some hot liquid ( like a bubble popping) in my finger and travels all the way down my finger. I happens very often throughout the day and has been happening for several months. Its a very strange feeling.
Avatar dr m tn
Your finger symptom may be caused by Erythromelalgia. It is a rare syndrome in which arterioles of the skin dilate periodically. It results in a burning pain and makes the skin feel hot. The specific cause of the syndrome is unknown. It may be caused by  the use of some drugs, such as  antihypertensives. It may be associated with certain blood disorders, high blood pressure, venous insufficiency, neuropathy, diabetes mellitus, systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus), rheumatoid arthritis, gout, spinal cord disorders, or multiple sclerosis. Erythromelalgia is usually diagnosed 2 to 3 years after the development of the symptoms. Please consult a physician and neurologist for evaluation and treatment. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!  
okay i been having this burning filling on 2 of my fingers (on the sides) i dont know what it is, whats going on because i dont have no burning on my skin. and at first i though i had gotten some tipe of jalapeno but i haven really been eating nothing spicy. so it can't be that.  but the burning pain is really bad that i dont know what to do. i have try putting it on cold water and it goes away for a little. but then it comes back! this is really bothering me alot.
My question is not about the burning of my finger but about my legs shaking.I am only 12 and my legs will shake uncontrollably when I am going to bed or relaxed.Anyone got any solutions why or if it is normal.
Avatar n tn
You have something called RLS, restless leg syndrome , go and see your doctor by there isn't much he can do, my wife finds drinking Indian tonic water helps, you may find it a little bitter at your age, but stick with it, the quinine in the tonic water helps the RLS . Also sleep on time a get proper rest, don't nap in between as that will make it worse. But go see your doctor BEFORE you try the tonic water or any other remedy to make sure it's safe for you to take.