Neurology Community
subdural hematoma recovery
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

subdural hematoma recovery

I have a very dear friend who had a severe automobile accident about two weeks ago.
They discovered in the hospital a subdural hematoma on the right side through a CT scan.It was found early and it was treated with drugs and she was sent home after a few days. She had another CT scan this week and the neurologist was still wanting to wait and see if the blood would reabsorb but surgery was still a possibility.

This woman is in her late sixties and worked as a professor at a college. Before the accident she was healthy, treated only for high blood pressure. She very much wants to continue working...First of all, how worried should I be about her? What is her long term prognosis? When could she expect to go back to work?

Also, as she is recovering...are there things she should be doing to help herself recover? Does it help to drink more, eat certain foods?