sudden headache that lasts 5-10 seconds
Hello, I have been experiencing these really quick headaches on the left side of my head right above and behind my ear. It is a sudden pain that lasts for 5-10 seconds. It is not the worst pain that I have felt it is probably only a 1 out of 10 but I am just worried because I have never had these before today. Could this be due to stress? I was very stressed yesterday because of an interview. I would appreciate any help?

Yes these short lasting headaches are due to stress that you are currently experiencing. I would suggest you to do some deep breathing exercises 3-4 times a day.
Also make sure to eat and sleep on time and maintain hydration.

How do you know these headaches are due to stress and not something else?

For about ten seconds, I experience a sharp pain just below or around my temples behind my ears (just like butterfly_1368 described).  They don't seem to correspond to stress and seem to occur randomly about a few times a week.  I have experienced this same type of headache since age 13.  One doctor that I saw when I was young immediately said they were due to stress and another doctor I saw said that further examinations might lead to the cause.