Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
sudden loss of leg control
A couple months ago, (mid August 08) I experienced a sudden feeling of fatigue & felt like I could not continue my daily walk. I questioned even making it home. The next day I had difficulty typing my name & my speech seemed out of sync. I had a CAT scan which showed a possible aneurysm but after an MRI with contrast & an MRA, it showed no evidence of such only a fetal origin left posterior cerebral artery.

October 9, 2008 I experienced severe pain in the left buttock, down the left leg, behind the left knee, & in the left calf. I had difficulty walking & it woke me at night. Doctor prescribe a muscle relaxant but to no avail. The pain worsened & within four days I received a steroid pack, Vicodin, & a shot of termidol (?) for pain. Well, that helped make the pain manageable & a MRI was done & indicated L1/2 mild posterior disc bulge & mild facet/ligamentum flavum hypertrophy; at L2/3 posterior disc bulge & facet/ligamentum flavum hypertrophy with a mild bilateral neural foraminal narrowing; at L3/4 a posterior disc bulge and facet/ligamentum flavum hypertrophy with mild effacement of the thecal sac without significant central canal stenosis. There is mild bilateral neural foraminal narrowing; at L4/5 there is a circumferential disk bulge & there appears to be a central/left paracentral disc herniation. with facet/ligament flavum hypertrophy. There is mild bilateral neural foraminal stenosis; at L5/S1 there is a borad-based low-profile central disc herniation & facet/lumen to flavumhypertrophy. There is mild bilateral neural foraminal narrowing. A lesion was seen within the right sided pedicle & posterior vertebral body of L4. This lesion is moderately hyperintense on T1 & T2 weighted imaging with prominent trabecula suggesting hemangioma. Now.....I was scheduled for a lumbar epidural steroid injection after this report & a meeting with a pain management doctor but the next day while walking slowly, my entire left leg collapsed & I fell hard. I postponed the nerve block because this recent development coupled with my other symptoms doesn't seem to go with disc herniation/sciatica. Your thoughts? Am I overreacting? Is a neurologist my next step? Right now my pain is minimal but the muscle weakness, twitching of muscles, weakness & numbness of my left foot still persist. Any thoughts.....
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Thanks for writing in.
I think it would be advisable to get an epidural steroid injection since it will help mitigate your symptoms to a large extent. Meanwhile please schedule an appointment with a neurologist and get a complete neurological exam done as it is important to rule out stroke and other neurological lesion.
I would also suggest you to take complete bed rest do not exert yourself and apply ice packs to your back.
Take care!

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank