Neurology Community
sudden onset dizziness and disorientation

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have had a recent sudden onset of dizziness, disorientation and severe fatigue.  I am a recovering drug addict and have a diagnosis of fybro, so I am RX'd Subutex.  I have been taking the same dosage for the last 4 years and find it effective most of the time.

The dizziness has caused me to walk into walls leaving bruises etc. I am usually pretty sharp thinking when it comes to my job and am usually a "creative troubleshooter" but it seems like my brain has slowed and even have trouble thinking of words that I use everyday.

I understand that it is very difficult to find a diagnosis in this forum but without health insurance, it is impossible that I see a Dr at this time.

I am 38 years old and have a history of migranes (migraines), osteopenia, fybro, C3-5 disc bulging, and head injury due to MVA when I was 15 years old.  The head injury did not leave any lasting effects however, it has been partially blamed for the migraines.

I may have left out some important information so if you have any questions, please ask...This dizziness and disorientation had been going on for about 1 and a half months now and is starting to affect my ability to drive, which i need to continue to do in order to continue to work.

Thanks for any help/advice!!
Angela
I saw something on Mystery Diagnosis the other night with very similar fatigue, memory and dizziness that just got worse years after the girl got into a car accident.  She had hit her head but doctors continued to tell her she didn't have any lasting damage.  Turns out she injured her petuetary gland and it was severly messing up her endocrine system.  I understand you don't have health insurance, but it may be worth seeing a doctor, because if it is the same glandular damage it shuts down your body.  BUT at the same time it is easily and quickly treated.  See an endocrenologist(sp) and good luck!

I suffer from extreme fatigue, dizzy spells, fainting, memory problems (the same problem thinking of normal everyday words) and many other symptoms.  It's been going on for years now and I have been laughed out of clinics, told I was making it up, misdiagnosed, rediagnosed, poked, prodded and given more blood than I thought I had.... These are very hard symptoms to diagnose because they are so broad and "could be" a lot of various things.  I really hope that you find your answer MUCH faster than I am.  

Just remember to be your own advocate and don't let them talk you into thinking you are crazy or making it up!  No one should be walking into walls and forgetting normal everyday words is NOT "just getting older" it's a much different feeling so if nothing else, I do believe you and have similar issues.  
thank you for your response. At this point, the dizziness has subsided again but the fatigue and lack of mental sharpness continue. Yesterday, I slept for 20 hours.  It makes it very hard to find the energy or desire to work!!  Also, it's interesting that you answered the way you did, because when I am able to see a MD, I now will mention the inability to regulate my blood sugar. Which has been going on for several years.  My dr. @ the time diagnosed me with glucose intolerance.?.? (controlled by diet)
I appreciate your response and wish you the best luck at finding your diagnosis as well...