Neurology Expert Forum
supra orbital bone tumor and associated symptoms

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hello, I am a 28 year old male with no medical history--until a year ago. I slowly developed a mild pressure headache and swolen turbinates over a few years...then a year ago it became much more intense.  I have same the same pressure feeling behind my forehead and the top of my head CONSTANTLY.  The level of pressure/pain is relatively unchanging.  I also feel this feeling of severe tension across my forehead, and sometimes my eyelids feel heavy, and my eye movements feel very stiff and when this happens I tend to have double vision when I move my eyes around.  Exercise/weight lifting aggrivates the tension and double vision.  

Now, I did have an MRI/CT scan which reveals a 3.5 centimeter bone lesion in the left supra-orbital area with no evidence of orbital invasion. Diagnosis includes osseous meningioma, fibrous dysplasia, paranasal sinus tumor, and there is gadolinium enhancement throughout.   A radionucleotide bonescan reveals intense focal uptake in the tumor with no evidence of metatisis anywhere else.

The pressure and tension feeling is relatively widespread deep behind my forehead, but when I lay down on the right side of my head the pressure tends to "transfer" to the exact area (left supra orbital). Sometimes the entire headache concentrates in the area and is felt intensley in a concentrated area, or sometimes there is less of a "full transfer" of pressure. Again this is only when I lay on the right side of my head, and at this point my left eyelid feels very heavy and also as if something is going to explode in that area. But my doc says its no concern?!?
First of all keep in mind that I am unable to diagnose you, since I am unable to examine you, this forum is for educational purposes.  The symptoms you describe, constant progressive headache with worsening with straining and double vision, are all consistent with mass effect (pushing) from the mass (likely meningioma) in your left supra-orbital region.  Meningioma/other tumors can also cause underlying brain dysfunction in the area that they compress, and sometimes can invade bone and brain.  These tumors can also precipitate migraine headaches and rarely can also serve as the source of seizures.  
   Many meningiomas are benign and do not cause any symptoms, thus they are best left alone. However, from the symptoms you describe, I suspect that you will require surgery/ or gamma-knife therapy to address this lesion.  I would recommend that you see a neurosurgeon for a consultation.  I hope this has been helpful.
I SHOULD ALSO ADD IT FEELS MUCH BETTER IF I PUT PRESSURE ON THE AFFECTED AREA WITH MY HANDS