surgery of pt
1. 2mm central subligamentous disc herniation at the c5/c6 level, impinging on the ventral aspect of the cervical cord.
2. Minimal reversal of the normal lordotic curvature of the cervical spine is present at the c5/c6 level.

My question is if my doctor said all i need is physical therapy. Is he right, or will that mean that this can happen again at any time? I was in a car accident 15 yrs ago and went through this pain before and never new if it was from a hernaited disc or if this is an after effect from that or not? Is it wise to not have surgery or or take the risk of it happening again. I did this from doiung strenuous lifting the night before the pain started again. Please advise me better..
I had herniation of a disc for about 8 years, then surgery. Surgery was the best thing I ever did. This was great and in 1991! The surgery is a lot better now and I am, too. And i'm 64
Hello dear and welcome to the medhelp forum.  How are you clinically, what are the symptoms? there is impingement on the ventral aspect of the cervical cord, which if progresses to cord compression could cause lower limb symptoms and cauda equine symptoms, weakness in all four limbs, with loss of anal sensation.  Your management depends on how you are clinically. Consult your neurologist or a different one with these issues. You can also write back describing your symptoms and neurological deficit if any. Best wishes and take care.