Neurology Community
swollen body (legs,stomch)

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

swollen body (legs,stomch)

my husband's legs,and half of stomch are swollen and pinkish some doc.say it is because of bad curculation and retintion of water what can he do. i am scared for him. (legs and stomch are hard)? please help
Avatar n tn

Please take him to a physician immediately as there can be many reasons for the swelling. He needs to undergo a complete clinical evaluation. Is he on any medication?
Avatar n tn
How is he doing now?
What are the other symptoms he is having?
Leg swelling can be due to either abnormal cardiac functioning or localized causes. The most common systemic diseases that are associated with edema involve the heart, liver, and kidneys. In these diseases, edema occurs primarily because of the body's retention of too much salt (which is the chemical compound sodium chloride). The excess salt holds excess water in the interstitial tissue spaces, where the retained surplus of fluid is recognized as edema. The most common local conditions that cause edema are varicose veins and thrombophlebitis (a blood clot with inflammation of the veins) of the deep veins of the legs.
Does your husband have jaundice? Can you see any bluishness on the abdomen? Is he alcoholic?
Hope this helps?
Bye.
Avatar n tn
my mother has part of her body really swollen ans I really dont know what to do. shes gone to the emergency room and to her regular doctor and they dont know why she is so swollen. she has diabetes and well I really dont know if its because of that. I'm really worried about her and I dont know what to do. She's 63 years of age. Can anybody help doctors somebody.