swollen unevenly foot
I am 65 yrs old, female, diabetic 2, and hypertense. Three months ago I was diagnosed with canal cervical & lumbar stenosis, also my right hand has 3 fingers numb.  I do not have much pain, but I can not stand on my feet or walk anymore, I'm on a wheelchair. For the last 3 weeks my left foot and ankle (my left leg has the most damage), are VERY swallon; and, when I stand I feel that is uneven on the bottom.  I take medicine for neuropathy.  What is happening to me?  Woulf appreciate your guidance. Thank you, O.N.
Your neuropathy can be helped by taking alpha lipoic acid supplements, obtained at a health food store.

Swilen ankles are a sign of fluid build up. The cause can be serious or not so serious. Serious generally means a venous pre-load problem, secondary to left heart failure. Not-so serious means developing kidney problems. There are few other possibilities in-between.

Don't be too worried, but see your physician, of course. You really need a M.D. to check this out.

Generally an elastic stocking (NOT TOO TIGHT) is prescribed, plus foot elevation. Your physician may prescribe a diuretic, such as Lasix (The name comes from lasts six hours) or furesomide. A gram of vitamin C a day is also an effective diuretic, but you MUST stay hydrated.

Take a teaspoon of fresh cinammin a day to help control your sugar and a tablet of Chromium GTF (Glucose Tolerance Factor).

Please try to keep your blood sugars in line at 120 or below. I know it's hard.

Purchase of a rocking chair is helpful. These arte actually century-old medical devices. Pushing gently to rock reduces the swelling.

The swelling in the foot can occur due to many reasons. It can occur due to peripheral pooling of blood. Regular leg exercises and compression stockings will help improve the circulation.
Swelling in the foot can also occur due to nerve damage. This requires further evaluation by a neurologist. Please get it done at your earliest.