Neurology Community
symptoms

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

symptoms

i have been having constant ear infections for the last 8 months,which are extremely painful,i also have bouts of extreme dizziness and loss of balance with severe vomitting,this last normally 24 hours.I am seeing ent specialist who has done checks including an mri scan of inner ear and brain,which shows normal.  The next step is to to vestibular tests to see if one ear is working better than the other ,which may be causing dizziness and vomitting, If this is normal im to be referred to a neurologist, M y grandma had MS and im terrified i have it to ,im getting cramps in my legs and i have contstant nerve pain in some part of my body all the time ,i also suffer with trigeminal neuralgia a known symptom ,my question is could i still have MS even though the mri scan was clear

This discussion is related to What to expect during a first visit to a neurologist.
The answer is yes, you can have a normal MRI and still have multiple sclerosis, but usually if diagnosis is to be made,an MRI of the spine is usually done, too, becuz if lesions don't show up in the brain, they could nevertheless show up in the spine.  Your ear pain is coming most probably from your trigeminal neuralgia.  But your loss of balance does suggest a problem with your inner ear, altho there is another balance center in the brain, too.  

I hope they figure out what is going on with you, and as you know, sometimes it takes a while to diagnose MS, but if you get any vision changes, then I would definitely think of MS as being a very likely cause.  I hope they can figure out why you are vomiting... I've heard of loss of balance from an ear infection, with pain, but not so much nausea accompanying it, but I'm not particularly studied on ear issues.