Neurology Expert Forum
tbi in teenager's ...
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

tbi in teenager's ...

Re: tbi in teenager's ...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Neurology Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CCF neuro M.D. on April 18, 1997 at 15:07:16:

In Reply to: tbi in teenager's ...  posted by Robert Wells on April 12, 1997 at 09:06:11:

: When I was seventeen (17) I sustained a traumatic closed head injury.
  I am now twenty, seven (27) years old.
  I am wondering if there is a mehod that I can use to help "increase", or "stimulate" my memory potential.
  Luckily, before tbi I was a very bright person.
  Therefore, I have been able to "fight" my way back into the world, to be looked at as a "normal" person.
  I understand that I am not capable of ever being "normal" again.
  I would credit this to the fact that I have an awfully hard time with remembering.
  I would like to know if there is anyone who could give me some exercises to do, which in turn would help to strengthen my muscle in the head.
  Thank you, Rob Wells
========================================================================
Rob, in addition to my previous answer to your very similar question of 4/9/97, I would suggest as a possible thing to consider something called COGNITIVE REHABILITATION. These are very scarce programs in a few areas of the country that specialize in helping rehabilitate cognitive function after injuries such as yours. There are no simple "exercises" that I am aware of that will help this problem.