Neurology Community
temple/cheek/teeth pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

temple/cheek/teeth pain

I have been experiencing facial pain for the past 3 months now. The doctors can't seen to make it go away. It's in my right temple - pulling into my eye, cheek, my top and bottom teeth. My top teeth are also sensitive to chewing, hot and cold. I wake up with the pain almost every morning and it hurts throughout the day. The doctors thought i might have Trigeminal Neuralgia (tic douloureux) but my pain lasts for hours at a time. I don't think I have that. Does anyone know what I might have???  
im experiencing exactly the same thing! only me is on the left side =p.
i went to the dentist yesterday, he said i have a tooth infection. he gave me antibiotics and ibuprofen until i decided to get a root canal treament or pull my tooth out.

i didnt ask about my facial cheek/temple pain but im pretty sure its related.
oh! and if you had it fixed already can you tell me the detail? =)
Withoiut a personal evaluation it is not possible to give a definate diagnosis, but your symptoms sound as if there may be a temporomandibular joint problem which may be the cause. Have a good TMJ dentist of ENT evaluate this for you. It sounds like the typical ssigns for this disorder. Have an MRI of your TM joints. It still may be possible that you have trigeminal neuralgia but prior going down that road look into this. Good luck and God bless.