Neurology Community
temporitis

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

temporitis

what us thus and what causes it.  How do you treat it?:
it could mean many things....in what context was the word used?
Hi carolyn.Did you mean Temporal  Arteritis? Inflammation of the temporal artery?
If this is it, let me know as I was treated for 12 months for it.
Cath278
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Welcome to the medhelp neurology forum. Thanks for writing in. Temoral areritis is inflammation and damage to arteries supplying the head area. It affects temporal arteries as they branch off from the carotid artery in the neck. Due to faulty immune response the symptoms may be excessive sweating, muscle pains, jaw pains with chewing, vision disturbances like double, blurred or reduced. There is scalp sensitivity, tenderness on touching skin and weight loss. Hemoglobin may be low, sedimentation rate and C reactive protein may be high and high levels of alkaline phosphatase. Consult your neurologist at the earliest. Treatment is with corticosteroids and immunosuppressants. I hope it helps. You are most welcome with any further queries.