Neurology Community
tethering of the spinal cord

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

tethering of the spinal cord

hi could you help me a quere,my son when born had spina bifada acculta ,he was operated on and hasnt had many problems but at the age of 32 he has a tethering of spinal cord and is in alot of pain and and has had go on the sick off work, after having a mir scan he has been told by the hospital that their is a 8 -10 week wait to see  the surgeon surly this cannot be right ?

Hi...tethered cord could be from the scar tissue that build up as a result of the last surgery...sometimes it takes a long time if it ever becomes and issues and for others it may develop and cause issues sooner....

As for the wait to see a surgeon...unfortunately some do have a long wait to get in....

May I ask what issues he is having, sometimes there can be bowel and bladder issues when the cord tethers....