the vp shunt
Hi there, i have a VP shunt that revised 2 years and i jus got a ct scan done around and everything was good, my question is how often in adults does the shunt malfunction, and im going on a trip, should i get it checked before going or will I be okay for the time bein imk going for about 3 weeks please respomd asap

Chronic constipation and shunt disconnection can cause malfunctioning of VP shunt.
Occipital  shunts have a higher chance to get dislocated than a frontally placed one.

It will be a good idea to get it checked once before you leave for your vacation. Good luck!
im sure a 3 week vacation will be fine as you say you just had a CT scan done and everythings fine.

my vp shunt lasted 12 years, i had mine revised 3 weeks ago...that werent nessarcarily due to it having its time up...it was due to ICP tap being inserted and it knocked my shunt adn caused it to malfunction.

if youre going abroad just be sure to get special medical insurance just incase your shunt suddenly plays and you need urgent medical attention =D hope this helps and have a good time on your vacation =D