thoracic mild cord deformity protrusion PAIN
I had been having a lot of discomfort which quickly escalated to major pain over a period of a month. I went to a neurologist who sent me for 2 MRI's. I have difficulty breathing it feels as if the area right below the rib cage in the diaphraghm area and very deep is somewhat tight and it is just a very noticable area  in that I am constantly aware of this area as if I am feeling that something is inside there. There is also a cluster of areas in the mid back that tingle and the entire area burns at times as well as moderate to extreme pain. There are times of numbness or an odd sensation that runs along each side of the spine. When this is really bad my thighs feel very heavy and I have had 3 episodes where it was difficult to lift up the left leg. On the first night that I experienced this I also found that when I was laying on the bed leaning up against the headboard with my knees bent and feet on the bed I could not straighten out the right leg all the way. It took about 30 seconds of manipulating to get it to straighten out. I awoke the next morning with my right foot locked into an extreme arched position. The area in the mid back has almost a continual pain that and feels as if I am wearing a wide belt that wraps around the back and to each side of my rib cage. While waiting on the appt. for the MRI's my regular Dr. put me on neurontn which has made some of the pain subside but it seems to be increasing once again over the last couple of days. I just got the results back from the MRI and I will try and copy those findings below. The findings are confusing to me and it is awhile before I go back to the neurologist so I am hoping you can interpert them for me and explain why I would be having this pain if the protrusion is not touching the spine or no nerves are compressed or "pinched" if thats is even what these results mean. Thanks so much in advance for your time and help with this.
Findings Thoracic MRI without contrast
Multi-sequence, multiplanar study of the thoracic spine shows normal thoracic vertebral body heights and alignment. There is degenerative signal loss in the T7 disc. This disc shows a rather minimal left paracentral disc protrusion and although it does not impinge on the cord there appears to be some mild cord deformity here. No encroachment upon the T7 neural foramina. Otherwise the thoracic spinal canal is well maintained with normal signal characteristics and architecture of thoracic spinal cord. The other thoracic discs are unremarkable 1. A rather mild left paracentral T7 Disc Protrusion with degenerative change in the T7 Disc. 2. No cord impingment but mild cord deformity at this level.
MRI # 2 C4-C5 There is mild anterior disc bulge posteriorly the disc is unremarkable