throat pressure after anterior cervical discectomy
I am 12 weeks post op C5-6 with fusion and I have a feeling of severe tracheal pressure only temporarily relieved with pain medications. My doctor makes me feel like i'm crazy and I have an appt. with an ENT next week. I did not have this prior to him cutting my throat open. Can somebody please give me some advice, I have to go back to work soon and cannot function like this.
Every operation, especially to the spine carries some form of risk or side effects.  What happened may be some form of stiffening of the soft tissues or fibers around that area which may have resulted from the manipulation during the surgery.  There is also a condition called globus hystericus, which results from anxiety and stress which gives the patient a feeling of a lump or a constriction in the throat.  Also ask your doctor regarding rehabilitation with physical therapy to facilitate the healing process and loosening some of the tension in the muscles and soft tissues.