throbbing pain in right thumb
its been almost 2 years i have pain at the tip of my right thumb (at the right corner of the nail).  it  pains in cold weather or on touching cold water,and on pressure .i thought it would go gradually. but its getting worse now.i am always scared if someone accidentally touch the finger.there is no color change,nail appears normal.i showed to orthopedics.the Doctor suspected of "glomus tumor" and told me to do an MRI.i did a  simple MRI. i don't know if there is any special procedure to diagnose glomus tumor and nothing came out.i have a feeling that the power of my right arm is decreasing.when i get up in the morning i feel a bit numb feeling but after sometime it goes away.i showed to medicine department also.Doctor prescribed me Calcium, vitamin B complex, and some exercise. it wasn't of much help.
(two and a half years back i used my mobile phone a lot.and after 1-2 months the pain started.so i stopped using phone. i don't know if there is any relation to this pain.)
Ive got the same thing, did you end up finding out what it is? I too text in excess hopefully it is of no relation :/