Neurology Community
tickling sensation under tongue

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

tickling sensation under tongue

i have sometimes this tickling underneath my tongue usually on the left side but sometimes on both sides.. and also sometimes below left jaw at upper-left neck area.
Could be something as simple as a tooth problem, it can tingle quite a ways along the gumline, or an infection of the ear or also in the mouth can cause the lymph glands in your neck to swell and hurt.  Either a dentist or an ear nose throat ENT doc can see if they can find anything wrong like what I'm describing and treat you for it.
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

Tingling sensation underneath tongue, jaw & neck could be suggestive of paresthesia that may occur due to either neuropathy (diabetes, vitamin deficiency & alcohol abuse) or any neurological disorder (such as multiple sclerosis, trigeminal neuralgia). If this persists I would suggest get your symptoms evaluated with the help of a neurologist. Hope this information proves helpful to you.
thank you doctor for your quick response,
i would further like to know that can this paresthesia cause permanent paralysis ? if yes, then on which part of the body ?
Paresthesia can be either transient (short term) or chronic. In transient paresthesia, it can be just a pin or needle like feelings that may occur due to sudden loss of circulation especially in limbs due to temporary compression. Although chronic paresthesia (long term) in limbs/other body parts may lead to paralysis, if this persists for long and needs to be thoroughly evaluated. Hope this helps.
thanks a lot sir..
one more thing i want to ask.. if paresthesia is occurring and then disappearing for quite a long time.. will it also count as chronic paresthesia ?
You can also get paresthesia from dental procedures including novacaine injections, tooth extractions, implants, etc....  Since your problem is both sides, I would suspect this is not the case unless you had dental work on both sides.  

Because of injuries that I have read about on another site, I will never allow a dentist to use septocaine/articane for lower molar nerve blocks.  Apparently it is known to be more toxic than lidocane/maricane (sp?).
I have a ticking feeling under my tongue and it's so annoying and I got it yesterday, im guessing I have that feeling because yesterday I got my braces and they hurt a lot. I really want to find a way to cure it, can anyone help me?