Neurology Community
tightness around my mouth and a drooping lip

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have been dealing with a drooping lip since September of 2007. When it happened i was dealing with a lot of stress and i had a really bad hay fever around that time. I'm having difficulty talking because i don't have full control of my bottom lip and it feels weird. 4 years ago i got sucker punched in my left eye and it swollen the bag under my eye. I went to a neurologist and he said it was bruised nerve that causing it but I don't believe it because when i got punched i had never had any problems with my facial nerves and the appointment was on Christmas eve so i think he just wanted to go home as early as possible. I think it has something to do with the stress and my sinuses because of that hay fever. The symptoms that I'm dealing with right now is stiff neck on my left side, left corner of my mouth is drooping a little but it's really affecting my bottom lip. It feels weak, weird, burning sensation and I don't have full control of it. I'm a college student dealing with anxiety because everyone at my college notice that I'm not talking properly and laugh thinking that I'm some weirdo. Plus I have to do presentations because I'm in a business program and I'm just embarrassing myself. Can someone please tell me what's going on because this happened to me just randomly and i was talking perfectly fine all summer. Is it a mild form of bells palsy or a facial nerve that was affected by the bad hay fever that i had. My allergies have always flare up around August.
I have been getting a random strange sensation on the left side of my neck about half way between ear and chin and about half way down to my collar bone. It mostly feels like a throbing pulse but sometimes hurts a little. I have noticed when it decides to act up that while I am speaking the left corner of my mouth will drop for a second or two and my words sound a little off. I can usually continue speaking but sometimes almost get stuck on a sound and have to stop talking, wait a couple seconds and then I can talk right until it happens again.
have you fixed your droopy lip? i have the same problem