tingling buzzing sensation in hands and feet.
I'm a 35 year old male from the UK in otherwise good
health.
About 3 months ago I started having some weird symptoms/sensations.
Firstly, I noticed a slight tremor in my left thumb, it only lasted a few seconds and I put this down to fatigue, as I'd been working out with weights. For some weeks after this my left hand felt tired and shakey, but without any loss of strength or actually shaking.
I then started to experience intermitant sensations of what I can only describe as light numbness and pins and needles in both my hands and feet, but primarily on my left sided extremeties.I would also occassionaly get these sensations on a small area of my left thigh.These sensations regularly come and go, but last seconds rather than minutes/hours.
In recent weeks the light numbness seems to have subsided but I have noticed that I regularly wake up
during the night with either hand completely numb.This is rectified in seconds by wiggling my fingers, but the effected hand is left feeling weak for a couple of hours.I have also noticed a strange
buzzing sensation under my left foot, that I can only describe as if someone was holding vibrating mobile phone against it.
I have been to see my GP who seems to think stress or anxiety.Basic blood tests have come back normal.
I apologise for the length of this post, but I would
much appreciate any thoughts or advice as the where I go now.
1)does anybody know, statistically, how likely these
symptoms are to be caused by some serious disorder ie ms.
2)Does stress/anxiety seem a feesible cause.
3)These symptoms are very light and the worry of what they might be is causing much more of a problem than the actual sensations. With this in mind, do you think it might be better to just live with these things and see if they die down of their own accord.
Many thanks in advance.  
Got up this morning looking for answers to the questions you have all posed.  Going to Dr. today.  So, my symptoms begin at night, I have the hand and foot tingling/numbness and wake up at night periodically to get the circulation moving in my hand again and now that I think about it I think it is the left side too.  Have the same worries and have jumped to some of the same suspicions which have raised my anxiety level too.  Lots of stress lately with concerns re: kids and just got a HUGE promotion and "new" makes me nuts because I worry about my ability to rise to the occassion.  Nights are dreaded.  It starts then.  However, there are times during the day when I think that I am stress free but feel that I am in and out per say.  Like my brain is misfiring or something.  Almost like I could passout but that someone plugs me back in before I do.  Looking for ways to describe all this stuff has been interesting but have been assisted by all you have said.  So, hope we all have good reports.  God bless everyone as we look forward to Thanksgiving.  
OMG I am so glad i found this site, I suffered a whiplash earlier this year and have been dogged with all these symptoms since then (though i do think i have a trapped median nerve which i am waiting for nerve conduction test )I am also still trying to come to terms with the death of my mother earlier this year and am suffering from depression so all of this has left me in a very stressed/anxious state sending me off on a downward spiral.Finding and reading these post have been a huge source of relief and i can feel the tension lifting as i read so keep them coming it's my new form of therapy ......Again so glad i found this site. THANKS ALL !!!
About 4 weeks ago, I was sitting in a meeting at the office and thought someone that had their cell on the table was getting a call in vibrate mode. I moved my leg away from the table and deduced that it was me that was buzzing. Since then I've had an increasing number of experiences where my hands feel like they are buzzing. Coupled with being awakened during the night on average 6-8 times by my arms and hands going numb. It's not just mild numbness, it is painful and wakes me up. It takes quite a bit of time for "normal" feeling to return. Usually in the neighborhood of 5 minutes. On the worst days, it can take up to an hour for all feeling to return. I have Raynauds, but this I've determined is nothing like the symptoms or Raynaud's which I've come to know (and dread) very well. I had a thorough series of blood tests and am off to see my GP in a couple of days. I can sure relate to and empathize with each of you experiencing various forms of nerve-related issues. It can be very disturbing!
Best,
Gramps916
My younger Catherine was diagnosed with GUILLAIN-BARRE SYNDROME 10 weeks tomorrow.  5 weeks in hospital, in & out of ICU received IVIG then Plasmapheresis. Transferred to Rehabilitation Facility (Nursing Home) 5 weeks there.  Upper body strength improved, still tremendous weakness throughout body, but she cannot move her legs, stand, walk they still "do not work" as she puts it.  This is a bizarre disease/syndrome.  I spend many nights with her ... sometimes getting home at 2 or 3 in the morning then sleeping for a few hours and working all day.  I have read, researched, joined a foundation, brought a fully-recovered GBS patient to visit her.  I don't know what more to do?  I have read books, articles, researched and have a binder filled with literature.  I have read over and over that most patients fully recover but it can take days, weeks, months, even years.  With no determination as far as time and clinical evaluations such as "can you move your legs" .............. How/When would attending Neurologists determine paralysis as permanent?  This has not happened and I pray it never will; I never heard of Gullain-Barre and yet by talking about my sister I now know of FIVE people who have had GBS .... a woman at my church whose children I went to school with had this 25 years ago & I remember her being very ill but never knew what it was until now; a family friend's mom & uncle whom I never met; my co-worker's son who is only 26 years old whom I have never met and the wife of a friend of a friend.  Of those five - 3 fully recovered & 2 never walked again and are now in wheelchairs.  The 2 who did not recover are the youngest of the five persons.  How do they consider this a "rare" disease?  
Hi everyone,
my latest update is nerve conduction test ruled out carpal tunnel (expected result) the the dr was so helpful telling me that i had nothing to worry about and he actually read out my consultants referal letter to me which was all good news,he also recommended seeing an osteopath and having remedial massages (which i had already started doing beforehand but it was nice to know i was on the right track) i would recommend these treatments to everyone.
My symptoms were beginning to clear up nicely with all this over christmas but now they are slowly coming back which now on top of worrying me (even though the rational side of me says its a blip and not to worry) i'm actually starting to get angry with myself for allowing this to happen again.
Does anyone else go through these "relapses" if so got any tips on how to get back on track?
Again i'd like to say     LOVE THIS SITE, KEEP THE STORY'S COMING !
Hi All,
I have tingling in arms, face and left leg, also with burning sensations. I get occassional weakness in left arm that lasts only a few minutes, and also pain in left arm for no reason. Just had an appointment with  a Neurologist, he said ' he could not think of anything that could cause the symptoms and come back in 6 months if it continues, also he would not send me for any scans as HE did not know what was causing the symptoms'  I cant take Pregabalin as it makes me feel 'drunk'. So I have to wait for 6 months. The appointment lasted 7 minutes, I feel he either did not believe me, or could not be bothered to investigate. I am so frustrated and worried about the symptoms. Oh and forgive my user name, Fudge is my cat!
Lets see now:

muscle facsciculation  - shoulder, shoulder blade, thumb, forearm, calves, eyelids (above and below the eye), lips (upper and lower), cheek. buttock,sphincter (!), foot, lower back ( I expect my hair will start twitching any second now !) CHECK
numb arm, hand etc waking me at night - CHECK
headaches - CHECK
patches of numbness - calf, thigh, knee, side fo face, forehead - CHECK
pins and needles - fingers, feet, soles of feet - CHECK
twitches - thumb, big toe - CHECK
generalised "electrical" buzzing feeling (weird)  CHECK
Completely freaking out - CHECK
Inconclusive medical advice - GP, two neurologists, EMG  CHECK
Diagnosis - benign muscular fasciculation ( that is a description - not really a diagnosis), stress (funny about that), probably not MS, probably not MND. CHECK
No loss of strength, no loss of balance, no weight loss CHECK
None the wiser - CHECK

I think I am eligible to join this club - I should mention most of the above is one symptom at a time - usually pretty transient but it seems everyday there is some new and excitng twist. It seems that time will tell.

good luck everyone.
The brain is a small organ compared to the functions it controls all over the body. The brain and spinal cord problems can only be diagnosed based on concrete evidence on MRI/Scans etc.
If you have symptoms, which do not particularly point to a disease and also you do not have evidence in your scans/MRI then Neurologist cannot come to conclusion.
Symptomatic relief and treatment is what you can get, but with progression of symptoms and with more history there can be diagnosis.
Keep continuing the appointments and try to believe in your neurologist!
You always have a choice to visit another neurologist.
Take care!
Hi all,
Very interesting reading all your experiences and there really is a common thread here. My story is I started having numbing sensations in my arms and hands at night, about a year ago. Then I woke up one morning after heavy drinking and my wrist/hand was so numb i went to A&E which started my nightmare of visits to doctors and neuro specialists. I had MRI's of head, neck and spine and whilst these were supposedly ok, I just wasn't convinced MS was being properly looked into. After a lot of research and talking to some doctor friends unofficially, i found out that specialists cannot diagnose MS without following a lengthy protocol, which means needing to see the patient with repeat and strong symtoms at least 6 months apart, ideally a year. In my case I have no doubt the specialist knew what i had because he was so evasive and really couldn't answer my questions or look me in the eye after my MRI and of course the really big give-away was he made no attempt whatsoever to try and say what it might be if not MS (how obvious is that). So i was left to go away and continue with the symptoms - constant waking every night with numb limbs, pains, burning in hands and feet all the time. This will no doubt continue until the statutory time has elaspsed and i get another referral. This time i suspect the protocol will allow the diagnosis, but again the issue is that if there is any doubt whatsoever they will defer me again - the point being that they simply can't make an incorrect diagnosis as this will be worse for their reputation than no diagnosis (MS is terribly hard to diagnose as they all say), whereas the rules encourage them to say everything's ok until they are 101% sure (which probably means being carried in on a stretcher). I feel completely let down by the medical profession (not least as i paid to go private). I won't bother going back unless dragged in, but now just accept I have MS.
Simon, from England.
When it is serious diseases and there are no diagnostic tests like: 1, 2 ,3 to prove and give concrete evidence the doctor depends on symptoms given by the patients and some diagnostic tools which are not complete by themselves. It becomes difficult but "all doctors accept that they cannot treat all the diseases". Some severe, major diseases treatment comes with experience and time and in difficult cases it is good to take the help of the seniors, experienced ones . You have the choice to consult the doctor of your choice. Lets hope that better diagnostic tools and better facilites will evolve with time. The fees thing should be controlled by government and if some system evolves it would be good for everyone. Take care!
I have been following this forum for a few months after developing tingling, buzzing, twitching sensations throughout my body. Sometimes my feet would burn, other times my hands and feet would tingle, yet other times I would have a constant vibration running through me. One of the worst things was the twitching in my legs. During this time, I quit taking Zoloft which made my symptoms seem worse. After three months of not taking Zoloft - I had only been taking 50mg three days a week - I started taking Zoloft again, 25mg per day and that seemed to help, but my symptoms still persisted somewhat. I was totally freaked out by all this and considered that it might be anxiety, especially when my symptoms worsed when my brother had a heart attack and coronary bypass surgery.

I kept searching and trying to find answers. I visited a my ob-gyn (I'm 52 and peri-menopausal), my psychiatrist who said I had the classic symptoms of Zoloft withdrawal, my internist who ran a lot of blood tests, but not B12/B6 levels, and finally a neurology who said I had neuropathy.

Then, something came to me. My symptoms started about two years ago but didn't get unbearable until a few months ago. Around that time, I noticed I didn't feel depressed and cut down my Zoloft. I attributed it to the mega-vitamins I had started taking. Those vitamins contained 200mg of B6. Although 200mg is not considered an overdose, too much B6 can cause the exact same symptoms I was having.

About two weeks ago, I realized this and quit taking my mega-vitamins. I feel so much better!!! The symptoms haven't gone away entirely and I think it takes a while for the nerves to heal, but I feel normal again. No longer am I constantly aware of the buzzing, tingling, etc. and worried sick about it.

It's probably too late for me to get tested for B6 because I've been off of it for a while, but for those of you who have these symptoms, consider that it could be your mega-vitamins if you take any.

Good luck to everyone. This is a scary thing to go through.
For the past few days I have a feeling of vibration(as if a mobile kept in vibration mode is in my hand) in my palm for a few secs. It is paroxymal. Before that I used to have some eye twitches and some here and there in my leg muscles. But nothing now. What should I do now?
Haven't been on this thread in awhile.  How is everyone doing?  My anxiety symptoms have lessened substantially but I still experience them once in awhile.  They are no where near the level they were at after my whiplash, but the memory is still strong.

Just wondering how everyone else is doing...??  

I just wanted to mention that I HIGHLY suggest magnesium for the muscle twitching, buzzing legs, overall anxiety, insomnia, headaches, etc.  This stuff is amazing.  Any brand works but I like "natural calm" that you drink like a tea.  

Obviously -- check with your doctor first to rule out MS or whatever but if it does come down to anxiety, magnesium is a must.  Anytime you go through any kind of stress, your magnesium levels are depleted very quickly.  If I had known about this stuff then, I truly believe I wouldn't have suffered so much.  Within days the muscle aches and twitching were gone.  Took longer for the other symptoms, but now I take it almost daily and can maintain a normal life.  

Anxiety (particularly post traumatic stress) can really affect your life -- people who haven't been there won't understand, but it almost ruined my life.  So, I just wanted to share what worked for me...meditation or exercise, magnesium/supplements and some sort of cognitive behavioral therapy.

Good luck...
You and I have a lit in common.  I am a 38 year old female with the same odd sensations.  My right hand falls asleep at night.  Pinky and next finger.  I awake and rub it off.  I get vibratory sensations on the bottoms of my feet.  I also have random muscle twitching in my biceps, calves, face.  I have ringing in my left ear that worsens with a head tilt left or chin pull back.  My blood work is normal.  My MRI of brain normal (no contrast).  My MRI of neck found a bulging disk at c5 c6, which could explain some of the hand numbness.  I am scheduled for an EMG this Monday to look for nerve damage.  MS unlikely per my neurologist as I am not experiencing weakness or vision changes.  Parkinson's was suggested by my primary, but neurologist doubting that as well as I am passing those neuro exams.  He is leaning toward metabolic issue.  I think I may inquire about a spinal MRI on Monday.  This has been going on since July 2009.  I take klonopin to help me sleep through the weird sensations.  I say it feels like I am vibrating or idoling.  Good luck with your MRI.  Stress makes me worse as well.  I have been posting on here as well.  Please post any results you may receive.  
I am a 41 year old female that has always had good health until about 3 years ago.  I started to get an awful dizziness when I turned my head as well as a numb patch on the top of my left foot.  I eventually went to the doctor about the dizziness because it kept coming back and he sent me for a cat scan which indicated I required an MRI.  This MRI came back with a largish "lesion" they call it, plus a brain cyst (they said that was nothing to worry about). They said they are were not really able to tell what the thing was but that to keep this MRI forever as a baseline.  I was told to come back the next year for another MRI.  My dizzy spells went away (mostly) and so I didn't go back.  Two years later I went to get some new glasses and had an eye exam.  After a field vision test (or some such thing), I was told that I have bulging optic nerve heads in both eyes.  I have had eye tests before and this has never been mentioned.  The optomistrist was very interested and took lots of photos with his new whizz bang camera.  He also sent a letter to my GP and off I went again for another MRI. This time the neurologist said that I still had the largish lesion (which hadn't changed) and another slightly smaller one and two tiny ones.  (He said the two tiny ones could well be caused by smoking.)  I still was told that they don't really know what it is.  He said I have to go back again in October this year for another MRI plus another eye test.  Problem is that over about the past 3-4 weeks, I have been getting tingling/buzzing/mild pins and needles in my left foot, left hand and the top of my spine, plus I am getting the dizziness back again a bit. Also, my vision seems to be deteriorating a bit. I don't really want to go back to the GP as I will just go back on the treadmill with no answer.  I also have hypothyroidism but I am on medication for this and it doesn't seem to effect me much now at all.  Does anyone know if the Hypothyroidism could be causing the tingling etc.  I don't know what to think.  Plus do Doctors not tell you something if it's going to be bad to try to save your feelings.  I think I'd rather know.
To those of you who have experienced "buzzing" in your foot I may have an answer.  I experienced the same thing recently and thought I was going crazy.  After coming to this site I realized I wasn't alone.  After checking with a few other sites I decided rather than try to diagnosis this myself I would check with my husband's chiroprator since is seemed to sound like sciatica.  When I described my symptoms to him, with no hesitation he told me it was definetly sciatica, a pinched nerve that was sending buzzing sensations to my left foot.  He started by taking an x-ray to confirm this, and I had my back "adjusted".  I felt great afterward and by the next morning  the buzzing was diminished.  I have had 6 "adjustments" in the last 2 weeks and the buzzing has all but disappeared.  I occasionally feel it but it is way less intense and it doesn't last long at all.  I don't know if this is the answer that will help you, but I thought I would pass this info along.  Maybe this will help someone else like it helped me.
Wow, interesting to see how many people have this sort of thing going on.  

I am a 33-yr old female.  My left knee (why is it everyone's left?) started vibrating about 3 days ago.  It'll buzz for a second then stop for a second, then repeat.  Rather annoying.  

If I swing my leg constantly it stops, but that seems to be the only thing - applying pressure or changing positions doesn't help... and I wonder if the swinging sensation just helps to mask the buzzing, as it is very, very light.

It's not constant, but when it starts it seems to go on for ages.
I am a 42 yr old woman with acute tinging in extremities and symptoms of acute infection( sorethroat and enlarged lymphnodes, malaise) with also burning sensations, twitching everywhere, tinnitis all starting 2 years ago.  All was lyme, and I am much better after a year of antibiotics. And yes my hands are no longer aslept in AM. Many of you probably have lyme. Best lab is Igenex, check it out on internet. Some people who have had lyme for a long time loose their ability to make antibodies, if you are one of them you need a CD 57 count by labcorp labs - the longer you have had lyme the lower that test will be. Normal is above 200,  chronic lyme usually lower than 100. I have been to 5 different lyme doctors none would trust a lyme test done outside of Igenex. Look at the author Amy Tan of joy luck club book,  website.  After she was diagnosed she was part of a study that sent documented lyme patients blood to random labs across the US, guess what? only half of the labs tested positive.  Get checked and see a lyme literate doctor( check ILADS website)   Lymey
My condition started about a year ago with a dull radiating ache in my feet that came and went. Noticeable mostly when inactive, sitting or lying down. Over the last year this dull ache has moved up to include (second) my hands, then forearms, lower legs. This ache is intermittent in as much as it will move around. When these wave-like radiating pains-aches occur it is both hands, legs, arms feet, ankles etc. at the same time. In other words it does not strike one but both at the same time with equal intensity. Driving me nuts. Over the last few weeks however, this wave of deep ache has now invaded my chest cavity as well as the extremities. I have always been a deep sleeper, but now I am awakened constantly with these wave like radiating aches, pains.
Doctor sent me in for a c-t scan and found nothing. Blood tests ok. I am 65 years old and other than back problems in the ciatiac have never had any major problems. Help
One possibility:

Magnesium deficiency can cause all matter of muscle aches and pains, and problems.

"Magnesium deficiency symptoms involving the peripheral nervous system include numbness, tingling, and other abnormal sensations, such as zips, zaps and vibratory sensations."

The Importance of Magnesium to Human Nutrition
Michael Schachter M.D., F.A.C.A.M.
(Online article)
Interesting info,  I have similear symptoms, buzzing in my right shoulder muscle, tingling and pins and needles in my left big toe.  But what has becoming very concerning to me is a sensation of weakness in my left leg and foot,  It feels as though my left leg is shorter and when this happens I feel as though my left foot is slipping on something and it is harder to lift.  Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?
I have also been getting severe headaches and can't seem to get to sleep and stay asleep.
I work retail so am on my feet 8-9 hours a day and have done this for 15 years.  Maybe it is just taking its toll.  
Anyway, I am generally not a worrier but am wondering if I should be concerned.
I should mention that I have a slight case on hypothyroidism.
Hello Everybody! I'm new to posting here and this is my 1st  post.
I been reading all the post and can relate to the buzzing feelings. This is worrying me greatly. My sensations are just as described by most of you! It feels like theres a cell phone on vibrate mode going off.

I actually had a really bad anxiety attack because I thought I was dying or having a stroke. My legs were going numb almost to the point that I could'nt walk. At the hospital they rushed me in and gave me an MRI which came back clear. My blood pressure was extremely high. The MRI came back negative for the possibility of a stroke I informed my caretaker that I was stressed out due to financial problems. I was given an ativan and around hour and half later I felt clear headed and normal, all the numbing sub-sided.  I don't know if MS was considered when the doctors were viewing my MRI.

Diagnosis to my problem: Hyperventilation

Now that was the 1st time around --
The second time I started feeling these buzzing sensations was not like the time I went to the hosipital. What I experienced at the hospital was numbing.

Self diagnosis for myself after all I been reading is that don't rule any possibilities out of anything.
1. I am taking a self induced regimen of B-12
2. Moderate excercise to help improve blood flow
3. An ativan prescription to help control stress

I can't stand these buzzing sensations, they don't hurt but it's scary! I'll post back later to let you all know how it's going.

BuzzZZzzz...............

Have any of you taken levaquin, cipro, avelox, or any other Fluroquinolone antibiotic in the past? These drugs cause all of the symptoms you are describing. They can start while you are on the medication or weeks or even months later. The symptoms wax and wane, and can last for years. Please look it up - you will find many sites and forums discussing the side effects of these drugs. Good Luck.

I to have had weird sensations since 2004 I had a mri, emg, spinal tap , and some kind of eye test ...All come back normal.. I also tried going to a chiropractor .but I have heaviness on top of my left foot..a cuff feeling on my  left ankle and all kinds of sensations in my left hand that sometimes move up to my left neck and face. I have no clue what it is I gave up finding out ..people I ask seem to think its stress related.It can last all day or for min ..
I am a 32 year mother of 4 girls. I have been having muscle twitches and cramping in my legs mainly but also in my neck/throat muscles and arm muscles for 2 months. I also sometimes get arthritis type pain not every day but some days. When this all started I was really stressed and had a panic attack then after that one kept having them. Could panic and anxiety cause these problems and will they continue even though I am feeling not as anxious and have not had any panic attacks for about 3 weeks or so? I am so sorry for all the questions just really scared. I have not fallen or tripped over things but I do notice when I do alot the next day or after I am done my muscle become really tight and painful! Any suggestions? Thank you all.?
okay i'm very very knew to this but i'm 16. I have impaired glucose tolerence I just got diagnosed with it, but i'm a rough sleeper an today i woke up this morning and i have a bruise on the side of my arm but last wwek that same arm (my right ) my veins were hurting.  I'm very very stressed altely my dad fell from a tree broke 3 boens (our of the major 5) in his neck and ..we're just goign through a lot. today on the way to the hospital i've been feeling fatique, likie i get these weird feelings in my arms and legs liek tingling and i guess burning it's weird its so weird i took my Metformin and a banana cause i'm also low on vitamin D and calcium i have a history of panic attacks,and anxiety problems. I've been reading this site for a while and i'm also a little bit of a hypochondriac and i'm just getting more worried, if anyone could please help me and give me advice itd be greatly appreciated my email is ***@****.
I tried telling my afmily about my symptoms today but again everyones so down with my dad & I don't want to add to it unless it's serious i've gone to the hospital several times for my anxiety attacks and .. yeah. (I've posted this to another forum as well. But Just to be safe.)
Steve, I know its been a long time since your last post, but would you please tell me the results of your mri. I too have the exact same symptoms as you describe.
Hello all,
     I know how you all feel I'm 54 have had lower back problems for about 30 years now off and on and have had several steroid injections over the last 6 years. I last set of injections did not help when my left leg pain started up this go around in December of 2010. I have a deep burning, cramping and feels numb (but it's really not numb). It's starts in my left hip and goes to my thigh, calf and down to my toes feels like I have a large rock on the ball of my foot. It's hurts 24/7 nothing reliefs it nothing. I have had all kinds of test from my head down. I have had 3 MRI, EEG, cat scan, discogram, mylegram, xrays, have seen a hip specialist at least 3 neurosurgeons. I finally had 360 back surgery on L4/L5 in October 2011 but only made my leg/foot pain and numbness worse :( so now going through more testing just had a nerve trot injection in L5/S1 and have gotten a little relief in the thigh and calf but the tingle/numbness on my left foot is driving me nuts. So called my neurosurgeon today to let him know the injection has helped some and would like the second injection because they can give me up to 3 injection if I get some relief so now waiting for the dr offce to call me with the next . A lot has happened in my life this past past year the worst is the lost of my Mom passing so I know I have stress in my life. I guess the last thing I would like to say is if you have not seen a neuro you need to see 2 or 3 for their opinions I would never just take the word of one. I really like my doctor I chose and he did a wonderful surgery on my back but there is always a chance that it does not fix the problem. I had hardly tell I even had the back surgery. Oh and I did need the fusion a had a tear in one disc. They are sure something is pressing on my sciatica nerve but all the test have not shown where it has got tall the doctors that I have seen stumped. So if anyone has any suggestions please let me know ASAP. Thank you all very much.
Roro
I dont really think I in the right blog. Im a commerical diver and I been experiancing those same symtoms for about 7 months. Ive been to any and all cans of doctors and no one can figfure this out. You said in your post that you weight train just wondering have you used any pure 100% oxygen with your train. Because oxygen toxicity can come in to play.
I also can relate to all of this. I'm 42 now bit symptoms began when I was 24. I went thru it all the tests, drs etc.  And always the end result was anxiety and I'm nuts.  After being mostly symptom free for 10 years it is back.  Of course I still had to have a full blown panic attack and ended up in the ER with my husband who os positive I'm still just crazy..  The ER of course said nothing was wrong with me after a load of test.  Which confirmed my husbands diagnosis.... He of course gloated the entire time. Anyways the last te all the symptoms flared up was right after I had my 1st son and went into a sleep deprevation and suffered extreme anxiety over my health.  Now this time (10 years later). We recently lost our home to foreclosure, my husband has lost his job and have gone from "middle class" to hoping we can get approved for food stamps, all in a matter of less than 2 years.
You have every reason to be stressed right now.  I'd be more concerned if you weren't stressed...then you'd be delusional!  I think you need to give yourself a break and accept that you're allowed to feel a bit anxious at the moment.
My pain is real but when the blood test and mri came back normal then doctors seem to ignore me about my pain. I  am glad that others feel the same as I have in my body. I learn that 5% of MS have normal MRIs. Everyone has stress and aniexty to some degree. I think when the doctors dont know what is wrong and just push it off to stress. When our symptons are not life threatening and we can contiue on our daily life with this they just seem like its not real. I went to the ER the other day and told the doctor what I was feeling. He said he would check my blood work. I was in the room about 7 hours when the nurse came in and said my blood work was fine and sent me home. I am getting worse. After reading that others have the same issues going on I relaly think we have something that no one had label yet or have a clear description to tell us what is wrong. Its hard when your blood test comes back normal and the MRIs are coming back normal but the issues are real and still there and doctors then push it as stress. Which my doctor did do that but he just doesnt know what else to do.  I was givenGabapentin to stop the burning sensations in my feel. It works temp. and able to walk without pain. But still no answer to what is wrong or how to treat it. I am thinking that until I get worse that they cant do anything about it until someone takes the time to figure out what is causing this. Wonder at times if it could be something like MS but at a lesser illness? Like a mild MS? Becasue my problems started months ago and now starting to effect my walking.
27 year old female. Anxiety issues,  not treating it with medications. Recently I've had bouths of tingling Ingram both my hands, dizziness, confusion,  angry. Feel drunk sometimes when standing up. Any thoughts?
Yes, Floxacin... drug reaction within 48 hrs. Switched antibiotics immediately but symptoms persisted for 8 months. After 4 years they have returned although not exactly as before. Symptoms are very much like those being discussed here. I'll wait it out and see what happens. This thread, if anything, has made me realise there is nothing to get worked up about. People are still discussing this topic after 5 years and I have yet to read anything definitive about cause or cure.
I'm a 34 year old Male, active normal weight, exercise 5 times a week.
Also chronic migraine sufferer, with past C5 disc rupture.  For the last 5 years, I'll sporadically have "dizzy" spells where i feel like I'm floating "out" of my body - usually last for 30-40 minutes.  I've had MRI's in the past (last one was 3 years ago which was normal, blood sugar, urine tests, and blood tests all normal), and and ECG in the last 3 weeks which was normal.

5 weeks ago, after returned from Zambia (where i took Mefliam malaria tables), i had a really bad dose of flu (2 weeks) and was on 2 courses of anti-biotics.  Then, 3 weeks ago  i starting experiencing intermittent pins and needles in my left hand (Thumb, index and middle finger).  It would get worse if i moved my arm in certain positions, and the whole left forearm would go "numb".   A week ago, in addition to the intermittent pins and needs, my left index finger has gone permanently "numb" / sort of a dead feeling.    Then about 3 days ago, i started getting an incessant itchy feeling all over my body - legs, feet, (right and left) and torso.  Again, the reading on the internet hasn't helped as one immediately assumes MS, Guillain Barre' or something serious, but this forum at least has shown me that there are many others with similar symptoms, and nothing serious.  I am seeing my Neurologist on Tuesday, for a check up, and hopefully some peace of mind! (Hoping that its somethign relating to my past slipped disc, Vitamin B deficiency or general stress/anxiety!)
I seem to have all the same symptoms including the gastric problems.
First time i noticed the vibration was in July when on holiday it stopped about a week after i came home and GP said it was nothing to worry about and all blood tests come back normal, due to have another one this week.
the vibration has started again in the last week i've noticed that these feel stronger when walking or if i step of a curb they tend shoot the whole of my body but only for seconds is this the same for you.
after reading all the comments i didnt find a satisfactory cure for all of us.one thing i would like to mention beside all the mention symtoms i feel my complextion has gone better.and please anyone gonna help me
I saw a commenter on a similar forum suggest taking an anti-histamine for the pins and needles.  I took one about an hour ago and symptoms do seem better. Not a cure certainly, but maybe worth a try if symptoms get particularly irritating. If you try it, please comment if it works for you.
i am going to give the anti histamine a try......i just spent the whole evening looking through the posts. i too am in a similar situation. i get pins a needles, tingling feeling in various part. i am feeling in my face, most recently, or am i imaging this?  sometimes my arms and legs feel weak. i also get numbness in the mornings. i am also scared about MS. i have gone for an MRI after bloodwork came  back normal. i am waiting for the results now.

I am happy I read this, I am having the same symptoms but they didn't start until after I had my 3 child. I strongly feel I had pstd from my birth as several issues came up, and my little one had to be in the nicu for 4 days. Since then my anxiety has been through the roof. I had palpitations and a severe panic attack that landed me into the er about 2 months after my delivery, only to have them say it was anxiety and that my potassium was low, which causes irregular heart beat, which causes anxiety to increase more so it was a viscious cycle, however, ever since then I have been so worried about every little sensation. I have not followed up with a doctor but I have always been healthy and palpitaitons and anxiety are heavily present in my family.

I have been so worried about little sensation and I have convinced myself that it is ms, even the other day I was drying off from my shower and I felt a my foot having a cold tingling sensation and I freaked out thinking for sure it was another nerve symptom only to find out it was just the faucet wasn't turned off all the way and some cold water was splashing into the tub and on my foot. My stress is high today and so my legs and everything just feel weird, then I grab a magazine to relax and guess what article was in it? A story about a marriage surviving through an ms diagnosis. I had to force myself to put it down becuase I feel like I have a massive obsession about it now. I am going to be following up with a doctor just to talk to them but everyone that I have talked to are convinced it is anxiety, and it makes sense because I am worried about every little thing now. So I am glad that someone else started having the same symptoms after a traumatic delivery.
Like a lot of you, I've had tingling hands and feet. Slight vibration. And numbness with outside fingers at night. Here's what I think I've boiled it down to--after having blood, nerve tests, reading all the stuff on the Internet, getting through my "I'm gonna die of MS or ALS" panic, etc.

1. Stress. It adds a ton. It exacerbates all the symptoms. PTSD is a real thing. Anxiety is real. It all impacts our breathing, whether your concious of it or not. Catch yourself sometime when you are anxious. Feel your body tension and make note of your breathing. I bet it's either labored or extremely shallow. Breathing impacts O2/CO2 mix in blood. That impacts PH balance. PH impacts nerve senstaions.

2. Caffeine. I love coffee. I cut it out. Not sure if it's the caffeine or not.

3. Sulfites in wine. Got a couple of cases of 2 buck chuck over the past couple of months. It coincided with my symptoms. Might be the sulfites toxins.

4. Ergonomic. I think this is the biggest one for me. I spent the last 3 months in various coffee shops plowing away on my laptop. How do I sit? Forearms resting on the edge of the table for hours at an end. That's right where the ulnar nerve runs. EMG test showed some slow nerve condcution near the elbows. I've compressed that nerve and pissed it off. Hence tingling in hands and numb fingers at night. While sitting I also cross my feet under the chair at the ankles. When they get tired I switch one foot on top of the other. That's right where the nerves in the feet run. Again, pissed off nerves result in tingling feet.

5. Night time sleeping  position. Google it and read how to use pillows correctly to support your spine.

6. I jumped into the supplements. Added a B-50 complex. That's 2500% of B6 that my body needs. B6 toxicity pisses off the nerves. I cut all the supplements out. I don't take them when I'm healthy. I'm 50 M and in great shape. Been exercising all my life and eat well. I get all the V&M I need from my diet. Supplements may overload me when I don't need them.

7. Dental filling. Had a lot of them as a kid and adult. Now they are naturally switching over to crowns. Just got rid of one that had a crack in the tooth. All symptoms subsided for about 3 days.

I'm not sure which of the above is helping me the most. But I'm doing all of them or switching so I'm no longer irritating the nerves and my symptoms have improved a ton. I have a Lyrica script from my doc that I've been sitting on for a couple weeks. If my improvement halts and goes backward, I'll try that. But I'd rather not. My body knows what is best. I haven't given it the respect to work with it. So that's my plan.

With B6, I meant that my body DOESN'T need. took too much.
Can you please tell me if you have come to any conclusion. PLEASE
i have a similar thing and im pregnant its circulation and also could be pinching a nerve somewhere. best way to tell if you see white dots on your skin your circulation is bad also if u suffer with siatica like i do this can happen to. :)
Very good response! I am all alone in a new city and experiencing lightness of my hands and knees, no pain i can still grip things and I think its mostly motivated by stress. your response made me feel so much better!

Thank you!
hello, i'm hoping this finds your circumstances improved. the timing of your symptoms makes me wonder if you have a hormone imbalance. the birth of your child as well as being 42 (this puts you in the peri-menopause age) a common symptom for perimenopause is anxiety. I don't know what helps this as I am experiencing peri myself. However, I am taking low dose estrogen birth control and this has helped with some anxiety. there has also been some evidence that soy products and a gluten-free diet can have some benefits.
be well
I have these symptoms, the doctor told me it is anxiety, I walked out of the office did a blood test and found out it was a B-12 deficiency. A Vitamin B-12, B-6 and D3 deficiency can cause these symptoms. You need to take a B-12 supplement w/ methylcobalamin not cyanocobalamin or shots.
I wish I had discovered the thread earlier.  
I have been having tingling in the feet, cold feet, sore burning soles, numbness in the toes which curl sometimes like a claw.
It has been like that for 3 years. I had a tick bite with Lyme Disease and didn't realise for 6 months, so it may have had neurological impacts.
I have been through every test imaginable this year including a 9 day stay in hospital.  They can find only a bit of age-related degeneration in the spine. So what is it? Expensive doctors have said:
1. Very tight muscles around lower back. I am an editor and sit in one position all day. So physiotherapy to wake the back up, targeted yoga to stretch the muscles in the lower back.
2. Shoes insoles to overcome flat feet (I have metatarsalgia).
3. Neurontin till it all resolves.
Results - yes, wow. Much much better. Has taken 12 hours of physio. The connection between lower back and feet is major, though I didn't believe them when they told me. Yoga every night (down dog) , stretch muscles gently, improves sleep too. Getting up and moving every hour away from my computer.
I have incidentally discovered that the more caffeine the more pain.  Plus caffeine wires your brain and makes you anxious. Even a glass of coke and some pain comes back.
My recommendation: what you're suffering may not have one cause. You may benefit by some physical therapy especially yoga. Look on Web for exercises against peripheral neuropathy. These work. Cut caffeine out gradually and then stop. More sleep, gentle exercise, maybe six months and you'll see a difference. Don't give up. No quick fix.

Have you ever had a sleep study?  I had tingling and numbness, never felt rested, etc.  This went on for a long time before my husband went in with me to one of my routine follow up sessions with my neurologist and mentioned to the doctor that I would stop breathing at night.  I don't fit the description of a person with sleep apnea so none of the doctors ever considered that might be my problem.  Sure enough, the doctor ordered a sleep study and I was diagnosed with moderate to severe sleep apnea.  I was bascially suffering from oxygen deprivation.  I used a CPAP machine for a while but didn't tolerate it that well so I ended up using a dental appliance that I wear in my mouth at night to keep my air passage open.
hi