Neurology Community
tingling/numbness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

tingling/numbness

A month ago I started to experience tingling in my fingertips. A week later it started in my fingers as well.  Now i have  burning and a pain sensation which happens mostly during the night. I am on arimedex for the past 5 months. Could this be caused by this medication?  My oncologist took me off the medication for 3 weeks and it hasn"t gotten better.  

This discussion is related to Tingling in fingers and toes.
To your symptoms that sounds alot like the ulnar nerve could maybe be compressed in your arms that is exactly how mine started and they tried meds but nothing seemed to get better then they did a nerve conduction study and found out that my nerves in both arms were compressed. I wish you the best and hope that this helped a little bit good luck!!
Annette,
I think your tingling burning pain is neuropathy.
From what I can find online, that seems to be a side effect of your medication.

If your doctor doesn't have suggestions to ease the pain, see the book "Pain Free 1-2-3" by Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D.
He also has most of the information on his website, endfatigue (dotcom).

Effective Treatment for Neuropathic (Nerve) Pain
http://www.endfatigue-dev.com/health_articles_o-q/Pain-effective_treatment_neuropathic.html

Wishing you the best,
Carol