Neurology Community
tingly skin, heat sensitivity, prickly
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

tingly skin, heat sensitivity, prickly

Hello: I hope so much someone can help me.  I have been having trouble with my skin for over 6 months, and have been miserable, too prickly to wear pants/clothing on my thighs, too uncomfortable to exercise.  Skin started feeling like radiating goosebumps over my body last summer, then began feeling prickly, then became very hot to the touch at times (often worse at night).  I have seen my doc about 3 or 4 times for this, which he told me it was an anomaly.  He told me he had no clue after many tests. I urged him to let me see a neurologist and he finally relented, and was able to see two weeks ago. He told me the good news was he found nothing wrong after our in office meeting, but the bad news was he had no clue either. So he ordered a series of tests, b12, folate, ana, lyme's, and others, and all were fine.  He asked about my quality of life, which is terrible, and asked if I had been down, which this has made me incredibly depressed.  He ordered an mri of my neck, but if nothing is found again, can anyone help me?  I just found out about two hours ago my aunt just died today, horrible.  I found out then she died of an obscure neurological disorder, but wasn't told what, but it started with her skin as well!  I am so frightened by this, and hoped someone here could give me any suggestions if nothing is found in the mri?  (I also have swelling on the backs of my knees, which feel prickly if touched with clothing and hands swell and both get hot - an ultrasound showed no fluid in the knees.) I've tried searching online, many times to the doctor, and miserable, my life is so different since this all began.  Can anyone help me?   Thank you!