tinnitus after spinal tab
3 months ago I had a spinal tab, and to this day I still have a loud roaring in my head and ringing in the left ear. Also I have lots of pain in the neck and is sore where the spinal tab was done. Has anyone had this experience or heard of anyone who had? I´m getting pretty worried here:(
have you called the dr that did the spinal?  i would...just to let him know what's been going on and if he can offer you a reason why this is happening.  i have had several, but never had these problems...
good luck and let us know what you find out!
Hi there, thanks for your response. I see from your profile that yu also have ringing in your ears. Have you had any bloodpatch done, or have you been checked for any spinal leaks?
Welcome to the medhelp forum.  A quarter of people who undertake a lumbar punchure or spinal anesthesia develop a headache. These are the spinal tap headaches caused by leakage of cerebrospinal fluid. This fluid drains through the tiny hole created by the lumbar punchure needle causing membranes to rub painfully against the skull. The headache usually shows up within 48 hours of a tap but may be delayed till two weeks. It is positional, worsening with standing/sitting and improving with lying down. Coughing makes it worse. It is accompanied with nausea, stiff neck, blurry vision, sensitivity to light, spinning sensation or vertigo and ringing in the ear or tinnitus.
Bed rest, plenty to oral fluids, caffeinated drinks, over the counter analgesics and something called an epidural blood patch to seal the persistent hole in the dura causing the spinal leak. It involves injecting a small amount of your own blood form a different spinal level into your epidural space.
Please consult your neurologist at the earliest for an evaluation. Take care.

Hello during a spinal tap many things can go wrong , my mother had a spinal tap done after a few weeks she had bladder failure which kept her on cathetarization for a few years until it resolved....if tinitus is the complication thank God its just that and hope it resolves....when you want to undergo such a procedure make sure you find the best and most professional whom really knows how to do a spinal tap
would a blood-patch resolve the tinnitus in your opinion?