tip toe walking
About a year ago I noticed that my 9 year old child walked on his toes. About a year ago he also complined of leg pain on ocassion. It seems to come and go especially when I ask him to take out the trash, etc.LOL  

I'm starting to get concerned about the toe waking and pain, especially since I googled it. I have no idea how long he has been walking on his toes. My husband says he's always walked on his toes. I plan on taking him to the doctor tomorrow.
Hi Amolew,
How is your son doing?
Tip-toe walking can be habitual if there is no obvious pathological reason to it.
How does your son's leg appear? Does there appear to be shortening of one of the leg?
One of the more common reasons is that one leg is quite short and if the leg is more than about 3 cm short, a child will often compensate by tip toeing so that the leg reaches the ground. A child that is spastic in one leg or one side of the body may tend to tip toe on that side because of the overactive calf muscle.
The patient who has a severe pain in the back of the calf muscle or severe heel pain might tip toe to take some of the tension off of their Achilles tendon. A rarer cause of a child tip toeing on one side only could be deep muscular calf hemangioma; this is a vascular neoplasm which causes swelling of the calf muscle.
I think you should consult neuro-pediatrician, an orthopedician and a physiotherapist to help you in deciding further course of action.
Hope this helps.
Bye.
my daughter is a toe walker and has been since he started walking at 16 months.  she was born at 25 weeks and had 2 bleeds on her brain.  she done the 6 weeks in casts 3 times and had botox injestions but none workd she is now waiting for an appointment to have the temdents cut on both egs.  Dont no if I should et it done r not
Tiptoe walking can also be a sign of mild Muscular Dystrophy.  You might consider having that ruled out.
My 2 year old daughter walks on her toes. She's been doing this since she  was 15 months old. What does this mean?  
Hi Kerijo,
     My 2 year old daughter has an appointment to get a cast put on too, for her tiptoe walking. How did your daughter handle the procedure and how did she cope with it for 6 weeks? I'm kind of nervous about this whole thing. Please let me know how it went if you can.
                                          Thanks,
                                                MissCamille24