toddler wakes up & can't walk why?
My 17 month old grandaughter woke up this morning and can't walk!!  She had a ct scan,  x-rays, urine testing, blood work done this morning in the ER. They said something about a muscle problem. She has an appt. tomorrow morning with her pediatrition! I think she should see a pediatric neurologist!  I want to know what kinds of ?'s my daughter should be asking her Dr.  I'm in Ca,, and they are in Wi. Any and all info is greatly appreciated.. Thank you,, Mackenzie's Grandma!!!

This discussion is related to 2 year old falling down and unusual walk.

How are you?
It is possible that the child is suffering from muscular dystrophy. Most of the muscular dystrophies are genetic and cause progressive muscle weakness.
Did the child show slowly progressing muscle weakness?
The diagnosis is based on muscle biopsy and DNA test. It is only after complete examination that a diagnosis can be made.
Please consult a pediatric neurologist at your earliest.
Did they ever findout what it was? Our two year old did that this morning. He was perfectly fine last night and when he woke up this morning he would walk a little bit and fall walk a little and fall and it is to the left side like his left leg is giving out or something. When sitting down he can't even left his left leg up not even the slightist and when he bends down to pick something up it's like he doesn't have enough strength to stand back up he ha to have help. He is at the doctor now...patiently waiting to see what they say.
Did you find out what it was causing your two year old trouble walking? We are having the exact same thing with our 17 month old  grandaughter.
did u find out what was going on with ur 2 year old my 4 year old brother is just like that but he has strenght the doctors did not find anything and he has been at hospital for tree days now plese ansewer me back
finally today my brother is walking  4 days ago he wake up and couldnt walk ( today by a known friend find out that is caused by some entering in hes ears he doesnt complain about anything but today he is getting better thanks god for help us out plese lord help others has u have done to us hope tomorrow he is better if he dont i will let u know tomorrow ahh the name of the illlines i think is indigo or inandgo.... posdata my brotter get better with out medication but they want to give him a stong pills we dint let because of the second reactions) any questions let me know here or at ***@**** with plesure i answer u got for me