Neurology Community
tongue deviation

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

tongue deviation

My husband has a deviated tongue (to the left) that was noticed because of a recent bout with Bell's Palsy (right facial paralylsis).  His neurologist stated that he likely has a cancer or tumor of the tongue or throat.  He had an MRI on Friday.  The doctor proceeded to make the following appointments: follow-up with the neurologist in 6 weeks and another with an ENT doctor 5 weeks from now.  My questions are the following:  What are possible causes for the deviated tongue? What are the tests needed to identify the cause?  How quickly do we need to get treatment and additional consultations for him, isn't 5 weeks too long if we are worried about cancers and tumors?  Additional background information that may be pertinent include previous head trauma more than 15 years ago resulting in a two day hospital stay, high blood pressure (was approx. 150/95 before meds received at time of Bell's diagnosis), high CPR levels (1.9), chewed tobacco for more than 20 years, and was exposed to second-hand smoke from birth to age 18.  Thank you for your assistance.  Any and all information is appreciated.
Welcome to the site and the community. Although I am not able to help you with your specific question, please give it time. There will be
someone who cares and someone who can give you great advice. If you do not get a reply within two days, please repost your question/concern.
I know personally that this is a great place and it's all about people helping people, but because of every day life, sometimes with so many posts,
it is possible you might need to repost. If this is something that needs attention now, you can call for an appointment with your doctor, if it is not
an emergency go to urgent care (to save money) but if it is an emergency, please go to the ER. If this is something you are having anxiety over,
I have some basic but strong tips/techniques to use until you get help, please just message me and I will send them to you. Thank you and I
hope you are helped soon.