topamax side effects
Today is my second day of taking topamax for migraine. As soon as i took one i started feeling very strange. I am having very bad nausea, dry mouth, wired taste, headaches and dizziness. Can anyone tell me are these normal symptoms when taking topamax and how long are they going to last? I am only taking 25mg a day right now.
I started Topamax yesterday and had the worst cramps and diarrhea last night already and of course, I'm on the beginning dose of 25 mg.  I'll stick it out though and try anything to get rid of these headaches.

The abnormal metallic taste sensation or taste perversion is a common side effect seen after Topamax use. These tablets have a bitter taste and lose their effectiveness quickly when broken, so you should swallow them whole. Chewing the tablet may leave a bitter taste. Hence, do not split, chew, or crush them.

Regards

I am on my 2nd week of Topamax.  Get ready for some very strange side effects. Your hands and feet and face will tingle and fall asleep. I have no appetite at all. I can go from breakfast to dinner of the next day and not be hungry at all. I have to force myself to eat. I'm forgetting things. I went to Wal Mart and forgot what i went there for. I am on it for migranes so im hoping i can stick it out because my headaches are unbearable. Good luck!
I also take Topamax and have taken it since 2003. For me it caused the strange taste, especially with soda and lose 35 pounds the first year I took it. However it does not completely help my migraines. I have to take other things for migraine relief. For a lot of other people Topamax is a wonder drug 4 migraines and helps instantly. Every drug effects all people differently.

Hang in there!

Coffeegirl