trapezius and neck pain
My upper part of my trapezius feels like a tight ball of muscles. My neck on one side is very weak and is often sore. I am unable to fully rotate my neck on one side. I often have pain from my neck and  trapezius being tight.
I have gone to physical therapy several different times over the last 4 years and that has not helped. I recently talked with a specialist and he said that their is not much they can do and go back to  physical therapy. I have gotten MRI and nothing wrong showed up.
Any suggestion would help.
I to suffer with the same symptons. I was diagnoised with fibromyalgia, it is inflamation of the muscle's. common area's are neck, shoulders, rib cage, lower back,and hips. have you tried to see a Neurologist? This does not show up on an mri. I have more to my left side. hurts really bad swells up more with repetive motion.Some of the symptons are burning sensation, tingle or numbing of finger tips, pain that radiates up and down one side. Tight ball like muscle, headaches, and swelling. A bag of frozen peas helps 15 min on 15 min off. I am currently seeing a Neuro dr. I thought i was going insane, no one could find anything wrong with me. This condition is more common in women, but is found in men.

I am currently going thru occipital nerve blocks, and have had trigger point injections. I suggest you look this up for yourself. good luck take care. There is no cure for this, just managing the pain...