Neurology Expert Forum
tremors, light headed, Headache, Fatigue, loss of balance, memory loss

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

About three months ago I started having syptoms (symptoms) of major tremors, lightheadedness, headache in front of my head, major fatigue, speech problems and short term memory loss.I also have pain in my hips and having trouble sleeping and I am very unbalanced. I went to my famliy doctor who sent me to a neurologist he did a MRI which came out normal, and also a spinal tap testing for maganesse and M.S both came out fine. I have also done numorous blood test and all came back normal. My Tremors are in my legs, hands and head. My Neouroligst doesnt think it is parkinsons b/c I still have facial expressions and I dont have resting tremors which I think I do b/c when I lay down my heads still shakes side to side. He sent me to a Nose ears and throat Dr. for my light headedness he ran test and told me that it is not my ears that is causing the problems that it is the signal from the brain to the ear that may be the problem. Both doctors dont know what is wrong with me I am now out of work and stuck on what to do. If it helps any I am a welder I have been welding for 16 yrs. If anyone can help point me in the right direction I would appericiate it.
  • Tremor (11 replies):
    I am wondering how many people here have tremors, I am a...[more]
  • tremors (12 replies):
    I know there are several types of tremors but I haven't ...[more]
  • Tremor Questions
    I was diagnosed with a non-intentional tremor a ...[more]
  • tremers (12 replies):
    does anyone get tremers? Mine are getting worse. what ca...[more]
  • Tremors (15 replies):
    Hello everyone!! I've been having ms like symptoms for s...[more]
A common cause of trouble sleeping, daytime fatigue, increased tremors (a fatigue induced increase in physiological or essential tremor) is obstructuve sleep apnea

The diagnosis is made by a polysomnogram. It is quite common but underdiagnosed in teh general population and is effectively treated by a CPAP breating assist at night.

I don't know if this is possible in your case, ask your doctor

Good luck
Also that I forgot to mention if it means any thing. The tremors in my hand is only in my right hand my left hand does not have a tremor. Even at my worst when my whole body has tremors My left hand is still steady. I am also on 250mg of Mysoline and I still have the tremors. My symptoms seem to be barely unnoticable in the morning but by mid morning it is very noticiable and by the afternoon it is bad. Can you please give me any advice.
I'm not sure about the tremors part, but when you say the problem might be the signal from the brain to the ear...check out all you can on vestibular balance disorder. Not sure if that will help.
OH MY!!! YOU BROKE THE CASE I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU TO ANSWER AND GIVE ME SOMETHING TO GO ON AND ALL I GET IS SLEEP APNEA GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! DONT YOU THINK THE ONE OF THE DOCTORS WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT. I HEARD SOOO MUCH ABOUT MED HELP THAT IT IS THE SIGHT I NEED TO GO TO I THINK I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A BETTER ANSWER FROM MY LOCAL QUACK!!!!!!
YOU KNOW WHAT THANKS FOR NOTHING
I'm sorry you feel as such however, due to your poor explanation and lack of education written english, there isn't much to go on.  Have you tried consulting a psychiatrist?  Sometimes thses symptoms can be psychoneurologically induced.
A related discussion, essential tremors with disturbed balance was started.