Neurology Community
trigeminal neuralgia and neurofibromatosis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

trigeminal neuralgia and neurofibromatosis

I was just diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia after several painful days of unbearable facial pain. Although I had all the standard symptoms of trigeminal neuralgia my pain seemed to last much longer than the less than 2 minute epidoes as described in medical text. The night I went to the ER it had been going on for over an hour. I also have NF1 but have never had a MRI or CAT scan. After going to the ER I was referred to neurologist. I called today and they (neurologist) can't get me in for several weeks. I'm concerned that I may have a tumor - other symptoms I've had which I previously didn't think were significant are ringing in ears, vertigo, headaches, and feeling like I my ears were popping.