trigeminal neuralgia
what would be the suitable medicine for trigeminal neuralgia?

Is tegratol a suitable medicine for trigeminal neuralgia?
I am 26 and have suffered with TN for 4 years.  I have tried neurontin, tegretol, dylantin, lamictal, and I am now on a combination of trileptal and pamelor.  I take 600/mg twice a day of trileptal and 75mg at night of pamelor. It worked best for me.  Good luck!
Hi, trigeminal neuralgia is lesion or inflammation of  trigeminal nerve which is fifth cranial nerve which is responsible for sending sensory data of  pressure, temperature, and pain. It is also responsible for the motor function of the muscles of mastication, the muscles involved in chewing.

Treatment involves prescription of carbamazepine(tegretol), oxcarbazepine, topiramate, phenytoin, or gabapentin etc. Tegretol is most widely prescribed drug, but if no response is seen with tegretol, patient is switched over to gabapentin.
been on this 3 weeks now,(pregabalin) i cant stand it any more, tapering off, the pain has been horrendous, I thought the pain was bad before I went on it, it wasn nothing compared to this, would never go on it,my eyes were so sore. and the thumping in my head was so bad. no sleep at night now for 8 nights, I hope it gets out of my system soon,
to: All

I was diagnosed with tn after suffering every spring for 11 years.
Right after the snow starts to melt it begins. I was treated for sinusitis because I have had polyps removed from my nose two times in 35 years.
It seems that when the weather gets warmer my tn goes away for another year.