Neurology Community
twiching
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

twiching

thank you for considering my question
i have regular twitching in the index, middle and ring fingers of my left hand. it started abt 10-12months back with only my index finger twitching , and abt 2-3 months back , my middle finger started twitching, and from the last few days it has started in  my ring finger also. the fingers start twitching randomly wenever left lose .and continue for upto 2-3 minutes. the amplitude of twitching varies from 0.4cm to about 1.5 cm and the frequency varies too .Also this may or may not be relevant but my left eyelid occasionaly blinks for upto 1second involuntarily . Plus i occasionally get sleep paralysis too. why are my fingers twitching and is it normal? are all these events connected in any way ?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1093617_tn?1279305602
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

This muscle twitching appears when the muscle contracts on its own (without nerve stimulation).  Most of the times these symptoms occur without any underlying disorder & they are not harmful or may appear after viral illness/or long-term illness. However, sometimes this muscle twitching appears as atrophy and weakness of muscle as well. Most likely cause of this twitching with weakness/atrophy of muscle can be when the nerve supplying to hand/eye muscles is not functioning properly due to any neurological disorder. If you suffer continuous weakness and notice reduced strength of muscle bulk in areas, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the possibilities here. Hope this information proves helpful to you. Take Care & Regards!!!
Blank
my wife wakes me up all night on and off with finger twitches how can i diagnosis this and help it not bother and wake me up
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...