Neurology Expert Forum
twinges around mouth and jaw
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

twinges around mouth and jaw

Since i got pregnant and had my baby some strange things have been happening.During my pregnancy i started feeling mild twinges , almost a pulling like sensation in my jaw.Since i had my baby 4 months ago , along with the jaw sensations i have also had muscle twitches around both sides of my mouth. To compound all this i have been having regular palpitations now, something i have never had before.My hmo doctor attributes it to stress.I dont think i am that stressed out. The ekg, echocardiogram  and holter tests all came back normal, with regard to the palpitations.
  I am worried about the pulling twinges around my mouth (let me specify ,it is not my lips that have the twinges, it is just around the mouth) and my jaw.
  I am 28 years old and have no other problems , except being mildly asthmatic.
  Please help me make sense of all this.Thank you very much.
  Rachel
==========================================================================
Thanks for your question.  The symptoms described in your message are suggestive of some form of fasciculation (involuntary quick contractions) in some of your facial muscles.  It is usually a benign condition, although rather disturbing to patients.  You might discuss with your physician a short trial of a mild sedative, such as Xanax, for symptomatic improvement.
I hope this information is helpful.  Best of luck.