twitching after waking
my daughter is 2.5 years. she has not been diagnosed with epilepsy. she did have what the dr's said was a fibril seizure when she was one. she woke up crying (now i think from having a seizure), then started to twitch and have a seizure (szr). in the amblulance she was making the same noise every second or so, her eyes where nystagmic and fixed to the upper right, she had no fxn in her left side arm or leg. it was 40 mins from the time i noticed the lac of fxn until she grabbed at a toy. it took her five days to walk at the same level she was before the szr. she was a walker at 10mos. the eyes and sound stopped after the 30min ride to the hospital. there was no real tests done to address the szr, at least none that they told me about. i do know that never once did they have anything attached to her head for testing. only to address the sudden fever and cause of infection. she went to bed with no fever and when they took it at the hospital she had 103 temp.
now was have noticed she sometimes wakes up crying and twitching. all i can notice is her upper body twitching. i can still talk to her and get an answer but if she is conscious or not is another question. my husband has said he can wake her out of it but if that is really what happens i'm not sure, it could have simply worn off or just stopped by the time he is done trying to wake her. she can walk during these episodes, last night she walked to the bathroom to pee and it was while she was sitting down that i noticed she was twitching. it is very noticable, her arms, head, and shoulders.