twitching at night
My husband has had lots of arm and leg twitching at night. It used to be occasional, but, it has been every night for a few months and seems to begin once he is relaxed and continues when he falls asleep, I don't know if it continues throughout the night. It is quite a lot of twitching and is really starting to worry me. He also seems to be unaware of it when it happens.
Dear Bonabeans, welcome to the medhelp forum. I can understand your concern over your husband’s medical condition. Though there is no reason to be alarmed, he needs to be checked by a physician soon since this could mean serious neurological disorder too. Muscle twitches are due to involuntary contractions of muscle fibers in the body. Usually these could be due to dietary deficiency needing an electrolytes assessment, caffeine overdose, stress and anxiety causing eyes and calves to twitch, or a side effect of steroids, hormones like estrogens and antihypertensive like diuretics. Over exertion and benign twitches could also be the reason. Your physician would do blood tests to check for electrolytes, thyroid hormone levels, nerve conduction study and MRI brain and spine. The concern is neurological conditions like muscular dystrophy, myopathy of affected group of muscles etc.
You are welcome with any further clarifications. Wish you all the best.
Thank you so much for your time and information.  No other info I could find mentioned arms twitching too so I appreciated hearing from you. Now if I can get him to go see the doctor, I will feel much better! Especially if it is something that needs attention. Again, I appreciate your time!
You can use homeopathic remedy zinc 12c once a day for a week if condition does not get any better see your  doctor  an improvement of 5 to 10% a day should be expected it's ,better to be used after breakfast if in liquid  5 drops under the tongue    
My boyfriend has the arm twitching.
He will be laying down and then he clenches his hand and his arm will just flail up.
He has no idea he does it until it wakes him up because I am holding it down. It usually happens most nights and is every 30 seconds.
Hopefully the doctor can tell him what it is later this week,