twitching eyelid
my upper eyelid has been twitching for over a week is this something to be concerned about?
I asks my Neuro recently about it and she asked me if I'm nervous.  I think it can be a benign condition for some if you are under stress.  If it continues to be a problem then I would consider mentioning it to your doctor.

In my case, it was related to my seizures.  We didn't realize this until I recently had a sleep deprived EEG and during this EEG my eye's and face twitched terribly while having epileptic discharges.  

I knew it was a little more than stress because it was so persistant and was happening so often for so long.  And under my eye instead of the eyelid.  

I know people who get migraines who have twitches of the eyelids.  Stress and anxiety can cause this, but I would try to relax and if it continue to bother you keep a journal of how often it happens and if it happens when your under stress or not.  

Kristel

Hi there. Eye twitching or myokymia is an involuntary lid contraction which usually develops due to stress, high caffeine intake, fatigue or excessive squinting. It can follow working on a computer for prolonged periods of time, lack of sleep, etc.  Try to rectify the causes which you can and watch if this helps. You can apply warm compresses to the twitching eye and gently massaging the eyelid with your fingers. For twitches that last longer, over the counter antihistamines may provide relief. Consult an ophthalmologist if it is distressful and resistant to therapy. Hope this helps. Take care.