twitching toe
my left foot's big toe twitches when I lay awake in bed - why?
Hello.

Twitching of the toe may suggest a number of causes. If there is no other symptom, this twitch can be stress related. After the day's work, the muscles need to relax. If the leg muscles do not get enough minerals they may show fasciculation.

Make sure you take adequate quantity of fluids and minerals. Watch the toe for some days. The twitching should go away.

Regards
I have had for two weeks now twitching in my foot toe the one next to largest thumb toe on right foot,  have felt at times my thumb twitch too but very rare, also feel every so often next to my ear temple are think called a twitch which seems to have the same rythm beat as that of toe sort of jerky twitchy vain movement but that is maybe once every couple of weeks or month that is when I have to get up when feeling both toe twitch or bend about every second sometimes twice othertimes 5 times a minute,  when walking forget it or moving but when in bed just irritates rather just get up than think what can be done.  Any advice please.  Thanks