Neurology Community
ulnar nerve transposition
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ulnar nerve transposition

What is normal recovery time for ulnar nerve transposition?
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi.

Recovery after ulnar nerve transposition would be dependent on presence and severity of nerve/muscle damage. Generally, it usually takes several months to recover with good results.  Patients with nerve/muscle damage may need a longer recovery time.  Nerves, unlike other tissues in the human body, take a long time to heal. Those with severe nerve/muscle damage may sometimes not achieve complete healing, thus having residual symptoms even after the surgery.

Hope this helps.
Blank
I also have not healed since my ulnar surgery in 1/25/08. I had a new nerve conduction test done and showed I have healed a hair only. Sounds like from your response my nerves must have been very damaged. My Dr. does not explain well.
Blank
I am having this surgery on the 30th of October - can anyone tell me what to expect - how long is the surgery?
What sedation is used? (Block - General)
How much pain will I be in right after the surgery
How about a few days later
If I have surgery on Thursday can I return to work on Monday
Thanks
Sandy
Blank
I have just had an operation on my right Ulnar Nerve. I had a transposition of the nerve.  I had operation a week ago, and wonder how quickly it heals.  Have pins & needles in my fingers.
Anyone able to help.
Blank
Will be interested to hear how you get on after your surgery.  I had a full anaesthetic, so didn't know what went on.  Good luck for your surgery.
Blank
It is a year since my Ulnar Nerve was operated on, and my little finger was bending more each day.  I am really happy now because my finger is very straight - I had an excellent surgeon in Adelaide Australia.  
Nevada hope that you are well, and you are doing well.

Woodie263.
Blank
Hi Woodie263,

I need to have my Ulnar nerve moved in my left elbow as it keeps popping out of the groove. I also live in Adelaide and I was wondering what the waiting time was to have this done. Can you remember the name of your surgeon?

Cheers
Mark
Blank
Heyy ., can u tell me the name of the surgeon in  Adelaide Australia.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank
selmaS