Neurology Community
unable to focus when reading, foggy and feeling of being disconnect

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I've been experiencing some odd symptoms over the past few years and they have since gotten worse and now concerning to me.  My vision is constanly bothering me and I have a hard time focusing on words when reading.  In the past I've had spells of blurred vision followed by a lathargic state and then a pounding headache.  This headache sometimes lasted for more than 24 hours.  About 3 years ago, I had an MRI done and all came back clear.  I recently had bloodwork done and thought Diabetes was the case, but all results came back clear except my liver count (elavated AST and ALT).  I'm still going through some tests for the liver, but already had an ultrasound and Hep A,B,C test which were all clear. The blurry vision/foggy feeling has me concerned since I have recently been to the eye doctor and all was good. He simply gave me computer glasses and sent me on my way. The feeling is almost like being intoxicated and being disconnected. When I have conversations with people, it's hard to concentrate on that subject and even hard to remember what was talked about earlier. I'm a 31 year old male (6'1 210lbs) and in relatively decent shape.  I drank alcohol somewhat heavily on the weekends in college, but have 3-6 drinks a weekend at the most now.  

It's gotten to the point that I'm stressing about it and searching the internet for any clues.....If you have the same symptoms and hopefully a suggestion, please let me know. Any help is appreciated.  It seems that doctors have shrugged it off and I'm desperate for answers.

I don't usually respond to these medical sites but i thought I would on this occasion. Unfortunately I am not a medical person who can offer you advice, just someone who suffers from similar problems to youself but in fact a lot worse.  However I have given up on finding a cause although I am still undergoing investigative procedures.  Because off the symptoms however no one believes a thing I tell them.

Even writing this email is causing me issues at this moment as not only my vision is effected but also my hand coordination.

I have problems with my vision, jumpy eyes, reading, typing (finger coordination), dizziness.  I also have problems with thoracic back pain between my shoulder blades, neck pain, burning feet and groin problems which I won't go into although I believe that all the problems are related in some way as they all started within a month of each other.  I believe the problems basically relate to 6 weeks of Chiropractic treatment I received a few years back.  I was in agonysing pain for around a year after the treatment and in fact was only having minor pain beforehand.

The vision, jumpy eyes, puch drunk feeling, coordination problems, dizziness, ONLY seem to be really bad when either my neck gets very stiff and sore or especially when I get an extreme pain between my shoulder blades, almost like a large burning knot.  I initially had the symptoms continuously for a period of 3-4 months but then the back pain eased off along with a reduction in the vision problems etc.

However I only need to bend the wrong way or lift something to heavy and the centre of my back feels like it is on fire and all my vision issues start up again.  I basically find it hard to function at work at all when this occurs.  My short term memory also suffers terribly.

I have had MRI scans of my back except for my neck.  They show some kind of shadow between my shoulder blades which they believe is a "schmorls's node" (excuse the spelling if I've got it wrong).  However they say it should not cause these problems.

Currently awaiting a MRI scan of my neck which although is causing me a lot of pain recently, I am sure it is the centre of my back that is the root of the problem.

Only really replying to find out if you experience any of the other symptoms I get, especially back or neck probelms.

As I said earlier just writing this email has been difficult as I am having vision/coordination problems at the moment.  I have made at least 30 typo errors which I have had to correct in the few sentences I have written.

Hope to hear from you.  Hope things get better for you.

I have given up and basically just try to live for the days when I do not feel as bad.

Thank

Barry
Barry,
I also understand your problem.  I suffer from blurred/ double vision, dizziness and balance problems. I cannot focus my eyes, and sometimes I feel like it's hard to talk or type or think clearly. I won't even get started on the pain/pressure in the back of my neck. When I turn my neck I feel like there is sand there, and sometime the pain radiates in my right arm. I cannot focus at work and I get extremely tirred very fast. At night I see halos around lights (yet a slit lamp test revealed no glaucome or cornea problems)and generally speaking I have really weird vision in which I don't have good clarity of what is close and what is far away. Doctors have put the following diagnoses: migraines with aura, ocular migraine, anxiety and stress, depression, neurosomatic disorder, very dry eyes. If you ask me, they have no clue what they are doing. The only depression and stress I have is the one inflicted by their incapacity for offering a proper diagnosis. I am 23 , young female and very healthy until 4 months ago. I am waiting now for an MRI.
Barry take care and don't give up. Never give up - I have had stress in my life but never ever felt this way. Doctors sometimes say things to get you off their backs cause they don't know what's wrong and they won't admit they have no clue.
Hi Expatandconfused

Sorry to hear you have so many problems at such a young age.

I'm 47 and my problems started just under 2 years ago, so I have had a reasonably healthy life until then. I was a fairly young looking, active, happy go lucky type of guy.  

How things have changed. Losing weight, bags developing under my eyes etc. Like yourself I do feel stress and depression but as you say these are caused by the symptoms and the lack of interest from the medical profession to investigate the cause of the problems.

Also like youself I get problems when turning my neck although more of a continuous cracking sound than gritty sand feeling.  I also get pain radiating down both arms and into my hands.  Feels as if the pain is right in the bone sometimes.

I assume like me you are awaiting an MRI of your neck area.  

I do feel that the dizziness, lack of concentration, coordination problems are related to the spine but in my case although the symtoms (symptoms) do get worse with the sore neck, they get much worse, as they are at the moment, when I get the burning pain between my shoulder blades.

I am currently undergoing a form of treatment to try and resolve the burning pain in my feet.  The last time I visited the consultant my back pain and neck pain were not to bad but lo and behold a month later and they are as bad as they have ever been.  Hopefully when I see him again in a couple of months he will investigate the problem.

I hope that your MRI shows something that can be treated.

Take care.
Oh my God! I can't beleive there are others out there with these same problems I am having. I am 33 and very healthy, but for the past 2 years I haven't been feeling very good at all. I to have had these spells where I'm sitting there and suddenly my eyes go blurry then my eyes are blinded for about 60 seconds more or less and when I come out of it i have to go lay down and sleep, it drains me and this is the first time it has happened this year just last week. In 2006 this has happened 3 times but I thought it was just my eyes, so I got frustrated and went to an eye doctor and he tells me my vision is prefect and that I needed to see a neuroligist. He said that I may have some either blocked or clogged artiers and that the blood may not be flowing to the brain normally. So anyways I had to go to the hospital 2 days ago,they did give me pain medication because my head has a bad pain in it the whole back I can't even touch it and the pain is getting worse sitting here typing but I want to try and finish, the hospital also got me in today to see a doctor (Neurology) he checked me over asked me about how I was feeling. Dizziness, blurred vision, eyes not stabble in the morning or anytime I sleep, numbness and tiggling in my legs, feet and toes, major pain in my head, fever, my vision is the worst and then he checks me over and says I need a MRI on my neck, what the neck? I'm thinking I have no idea whats thats about because there is no pain in my neck. I also have chronic lower back pain and had an MRI done for the lower back for at least 6 years now. I'm so sorry I will need to come back another day my head really hurts, I can't do this anymore, but I feel where your coming from it's very scarey to feel this and not know whats going on. I will pray for an answer for all of us.

Take care.
Oh my doctor asked me today if I was undergoing any treatment for my back and I told him no he said DON'T even start because things will get alot more worse and said if I was having any treatment of any kind not to bother at all.
I been having all the same problems as everyone and its makes me nuts this all started in the end of feb i was bowling and a threw a bowling ball down the lanes and all of a sudden i felt dizziness foggy my vision was all screwed up and i have problems concertrated this is now july and its still here i have been threw every test mri stress test artiries check ecog inner ear test and nothing the only thing i have left to check is my neck and back people are telling me its depression but i know for a fact its not cause its happens to me in places i love like the bowling alley and atlantic city also i have notice that light bother me if anyone can help me please reach out and for those people who are like me please dont give up and be strong thanks for listening My name is Anthony
that sounds like depersonalization, particularly the "feeling disconnected part." you should look into it.
After reading - at times just trying to make out the words- what you have all described, it is also what I have been dealing with, along with a lot of pain and headaches.  I had an MRI of my cervical spine after a car accident in 2004, but even then, the radiologist did not write about what I DO have.  I have been diagnosed with Chiari Malformation.  It is rare and there are only a few doctors that specialize in Chiari.  Chiari is a herniation of the Cereberal (sp?) tonsils past the Foramen Magnum.  Look into it and ask your doctor.  Most heard about Chiari in Med school but like my PCP who has been in practice over 30 years, I was the first case he had seen.

Hope this helps someone.

www.chiairchamps.proboards77.com
I think you may have a mild traumatic brain injury which often go undiagnosed for years.  You don't necessarily even have to hit your head to sustain one.  Even a whiplash type of accident can cause a mild traumatic brain injury.  In some cases the damage is caused by your brain hitting against your own skull, much like shaken baby syndrom (syndrome).  Try calling the help line at the Brain Injury Association of America or go to www.mybrainconnections.com for helpful information and links.
hey stonem you mentiones mild traumatic brain injury, i have been experiencing what i think are panic attacks, it starts what a weird feeling in my stomach that spreads through my chest and my heart starts to beat really fast and i begin to sweat, then after that i feel very weird like i he says " disconnected" and i have experienced a lot of sleep paralysis while trying to go to sleep and some after waking up. Now i know it can either be panic/anxiety attacks or temporal lobe seizures but i remember when i was like 12 years old i got banged pretty good in the back of the head playing around with my brother, so could i have a traumatic brain injury? my family thinks im a hypocondriac or how do you spell that?...please help me this is really stressful. thanks
Eldo87, it sounds like the classic panic attacks. I was born with them as well as depression, agoraphobia and ocd. Through the years, the dominant symptoms seem to change. It's hard to live with, but we can. I have found that group therapy and a low dose of xanax help. I take the xanax only when having a panic attack and it helps. I refuse to take anti depressants anymore though.
Firomyalgia is a possibility but Drs. are leary of that diagnosis
Hey delta thanks for the response, you think they are panic attacks?...im so relieved i thought it was something more serious even though a panic attack feels very bad. can this happen during sleep? i remember i was dreaming something then i felt this fear surround me but i didnt wake up at that time, then when i woke up i tried to go to sleep again and just as i was falling asleep it happened again, i couldnt move or anything but this fear surrounded me again and i was conscious the whole time, then i remember some kind of shaking and then i could move like nothing happened...is this something i should be worried about?
When I had the worst panic attack of my life back in 1999 and they put me in the hospital, I had yet to be diagnosed even though I had been going to Drs. asking why I had those symptoms since I was a young girl. Anyway, a Dr. finally took the time to find out why I was having these awful symptoms. He gave me all kinds of tests to rule out other things like hypothyroidism, or this and that and he found nothing wrong with my blood work that could cause the symptoms so he sat down and talked to me and I told him how I felt. He said I was suffering from major depression and panic attacks go hand in hand with that. He gave me prozac and xanax. As time went by, I began to feel a little better then it all hit me again and he said I needed to go to the mental health center. I went and I still go to this day. I was diagnosed with major depression, panic and anxiety disorder, agoraphobia and ocd. After six years I quit the prozac because it began to work against me and now I only take xanax when I need one. I will always have this and have to accept it, but knowledge is power so realizing what is wrong helps me to not feed the fear and make the attacks worse. It's a long hard battle especially since I am now suffering from several physical problems as well along with chronic pain.
My advice to you would be to go to your Dr and tell him what you suspect about the panic attacks and ask him to give a few tests to rule out other things that may mimic the same symptoms, then you can work from there. Most communities offer mental health services free of charge if one cannot afford them. There are sites that can tell you the symptoms and how to work through the panic attack. Good luck and try to get the tests done to rule out any other causes :)
I too have been suffering from alot of these same symptoms for about 4 years now. Started out as fatigue and blurred vision and escalated on to hallucinations and severe fatigue coupled with headaches and back aches. I went to my PCP and he told me that I had developed an allergy to the city air (I come from a suburban environment). I started taking medication immediately and the problem seemed to subside. Now lately it seems to have returned even worse than before. I have tunnel vision, blurred vision, lack of hand-eye coordination, inability to keep my train of thought and I am always fuzzy. It is as if I were tipsy all of the time. I wake up this way and it just gets worse through out the day.

I am 33 and in relatively good shape, no history of neurological problems in my family or diabetes. I do have lower back problems from sitting all of the time at work and I have seen a chiropractor about it. I do have mild sciatica if that is important. This problem has me at the end of my rope. My doctor doesn't believe it is anything more than allergies but no matter what I do I cannot make it stop. The worst part is that my short term memory is completely shot and I am unable to focus at work. Any other thoughts on this issue are definitely apprecated.
Good golly- The more I read this site, the more I realize that others are experiencing what I thought were just wierd unexplainable problems and which I feel stupid trying to explain to hte Docs along with the myriad of other symptoms- so I just don't mention them to Docs- don't want htem thinking I'm just a hypocrondriac, but am concerned about htem anyways. Yep- vision is really wierd- hard to focus on both near and far things- then when I do get them in focus, they blur, shimmer, and wobble. Like others here- eye examines show 'perfect vision, no glaucoma or other eye problems.' Another thing I'm experiencing lately is a very pronounced, disorienting 'strobe lite-like effect and when I look at something, it it like seeing it through a fisheye lens and the thing I'm looking at is flashing like a strobe light- it can last about 20 minutes or so, then it dissappears. It's very intermittent, and only happens about 2-4 times a month- but some months it doesn't happen.

It's very hard to concentrate, and to follow written words, and the cognitive issues just seem like trying to think with a bad flu- like your brain is trying to wade through mud- or trying to think rationally when your overtired and your mind is exhausted and can't htink striaght. Not bragging here- but I have a high IQ, and was always a sharp thinking person with a near photographic memory- never had to 'study'  for quizzes/exams in school- only had to very quickly skim the reading material and could recall the pages, paragraphs and words- could see them in my mind just as htough I had the book open infront of me. Now however, I imagine talking to me is like talking to someone who is whacked out on drugs and isn't too coherent- I can't seem to explain things well anymore, can't follow directions anymore, when someone tries explaining things to me, their instructions get all jumbled up, and I lose track of what they had previously said.

Sorry for gooing on about that- But yeah, the vision  thing is a wierd symptom to be sure, and you're not alone in that- Sure would like to find a Doc who has experienced patients with similar problems such as this because most docs just look at you funny when you try to explain somethign like 'wobbling vision' to them. Reading has become a real chore because of this- I was always an avid reader too- now, I just can't concentrate and forget what previous sections were about, and just lose track of what the subject is about, and have to struggle to even keep what I'm reading in focus- I was always a very fast reader, and comprehended what I read, and could see what I'd read in my mind afterwards- Now, that's all gone from me- Short term memory shot- even long term memory seems somehow distant and surreal, and I wonder if I'm even recalling htings correctly anymore- and I feel like a dolt trying to explain this to docs. As they say, of all the things I've lost before, I miss my mind the most! And my clear vision as well-

Thing is, the vision thing isn't quite bad enough to affect things liek driving, walking, but it seems like it will progress to that point at anytime, but visoin docs don't find anything wrong- very frustrating having htese symptoms and not knowing what is causing htem and not knowing what to do to treat the problem.

I'venoticed over hte years though that some nutrients/herbs will seem to help slightly- Things likej Ginkgo Biloba for sharpening htem ind seem to help clear the vision up slightly- the problem will still be there, but less pronounced- but it only works for a short time- this tells me that there must be a physical problem going on- not a psychological one- These nutrients will physically alter something (like increase blood flow or whatever some of htem do) and it will help symptoms like the blurry vission- so there must be a physical connection to the problem somewhere along hte line- But docs it seems don't liek to be bothered with obscure problems like this and don't inverstigate, and will instead write it off as being 'depression related' and prescribe anti-depressents, just to get us to stop mentioning somethign to htem that they can't explain I guess. Sorry, but I'm not into taking anti-depressents just so I can become an apathetic emotionless dolt who is too drugged up to question anythign anymore!
Have you seen a Rheumatologist? Fibromyalgia possibly?
Have you seen a Rhematologist? Possibly Fibromyalgia
Hi My name is Shirley and I have had this for the last 8 years. flicking vision, wobbling up and down left and right.  it starts it stops especially when I am either trying to read something or see anything in the distance.  Worse when I am tired or very hot.  Look up nystagmus though docs dont think I have got this but what do they know.  one doc said that even though no one can see my eyes move, they could be moving but only slightly not visible to the naked eye but it would be enough to muck up my vision.  The name for the wobbling vision is opsolopsia (or something like that) meaning swinging vision.  People with MS get this problem also people with sticky blood apparently.  This is the only website where people have described exactly what I have been experiencing for years.  Magnesium helps to calm it down I have found but it makes you feel a bit buzzy.  I am currently on vitimins and minerals to wake me up and now I am taking a low dose asperin a day just incase I have the sticky blood.  It got so bad lately I couldn't see my computer to do my job.  Due another brain scan soon.  Will let you all know the results.  

There's was a point where the wobbling improved over the years but they still flicked every day and now they have started up again.  If anyone finds any answers please let this forum know....
Shirley x  
god bless you all.. ive been scared sh**less over the past 3 months for feeling all of the same symptons you guys have had and been getting nowhere with multiple, and sometimes seemingly apathetic doctors... im taking notes from this forum and have my first neurologist appointment next thursday.. wish me luck..

Best of Luck JMilton ... Let us know how you get on...Try and write down any questions you want to ask and take with you as I find I forget them when I get in there.    
Oh and I keep getting lost... Even though I have been somewhere many times before.  I also get a cracking sound at the back of my neck then I get a worsening of symptoms for a few days after.  I explained this to my chiropracter and he said it is air popping (doesn't sound like this to me though).  I paid loads of money for xrays of my spine and neck which he says are subscul.... dont know long work anyway in the wrong position and he could correct it.  I paid then more money and was on the table for no more than 2 minutes.  He really hurt the back of my head when he pushed his thumb somewhere.  I then went on holiday and had neck ache for 2 weeks.  I haven't been back yet as I am not sure I want to and I am not sure I trust him.  Anyone else seen a chiropracter  ?
It's reassuring to know that there are others out there that suffer from what I am suffering from as well.

I'm only 21years of age, student journalist, 6'3" 185pounds, somewhat healthy, I don't drink or smoke.

I've had small series of the same dizziness/unable to focus/flickery vision symptoms listed here with many of you throughout the last few years.

Only within the past week the symptoms have not gone away...this is the longest they’ve persisted and I'm worried they will be here to stay.

I've had very little done for this, over the upcoming x-mas break I have a blood appointment and an eye appointment as well.

In the past I was diagnosed with tourettes at a very young age, maybe 4-6years old. I was at the age of seven then told that I did not have tourettes anymore and I have had no such symptoms of tourettes since then.

I've also been told that my blood pressure is very low. This stunned my mother at the time becuz I eat more salt than almost anyone I know.

I'm continuously in need of being on the computer and this limits my abilities to write drastically.

I'll be very honest, I'm extremely scarred that this will persist for the rest of my life...and that it is one of those things that cannot be cured.

...I guess I'll just have to see how the tests go, and hope for the best.

It seems that most of you here have had more tests done than I can imagine having over the next year...

...any advice?

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Caithness
Your symptoms sound a lot like fibromyalgia. It is very difficult to diagnos. They have to rule out other diseases first. Do you have tender points on your body when you press them? There are 18 spots on the body that have to be tender, you need 11 out of the 18. It also causes fatigue, sore muscles, and BRAIN FOG. You might also consider cronic (chronic) fatigue, or chronic fatigue immune deficiency. These can be very debilitating., You need to see a good rheumatologist or neurologist for diagnosis.  It is not all in your head, nor are you crazy.
I have no real tender spots that I am aware of.

I am fairly sleepy though lately when the dizziness starts, I'm unsure if it is simply becuz I shut down due to my inability to function.

Thanks for the advice though i will look into it.
I am a mother of 3 and 45yrs.of age and I have had these symptoms since I was 12 and
fell from a bridge railing into a dry creek, I was told that the vertebra at the top and the skull had been fractured and that my skull would some times become misalligned and cause pressure in the brain and brain stem thus causing all the same issues you all have talked about PLUS I can not bend from the waist to do anything because if I do
I either pass out or get disoriented to the point of feeling constantly off center.Now i'm not saying you all have the same but a friend had a chiropractor that ended up causing the same thing in her because he manipulated her neck to far and quick.
Think on this and ask your neuro. docs. if it possible.   Nannyduck
Two weeks ago my husband started having these symptoms.  He has been to the emergency room two times with problems, the PCP twice and two eye doctor visits.  All want to treat his anxiety with either a GAD or a simple sleeping pill.  I am frustrated because everything he explains to me doesn't make any sense, in terms of a common medical disorder or illness.  What I am wondering now is that there may be a common thread in any heartburn medications everyone or anyone is taking?  My husband was taking Nexium a few years ago, but due to insurance coverage we switched to a generic, omeprazole (sp?).  Anyway, that is really the only drug he takes on a daily basis.  What about anyone else?
It feels better knowing there are other cases out there, but WHY HASN'T ANYONE BEEN DIAGNOSED?  llousley1
After going through a three year long process of getting properly diagnosed, I have finally found out that I have a Mild Traumatic Brain Injury that did not show up in the MRI when I was admitted following a car accident.  Only as my cognitive, memory, sensory and vision symptoms worsened was I sent to neurology for an eval.  If you have a mild head injury and appear high functioning (which I did) and unless a neurologist has enough experience to recognize your symptoms, they sometimes minimize or suggest that you are making it up!  I was seen by 3 different neurologists before another doctor sent me to a neuropsychologist for testing which consists of a battery of paper/pencil testing that can identify what areas of the brain are affected.  
Other mecial conditions can complicate getting a full diagnosis. They also found that I had lupus, sjogren's and fibromyagia.  Some autoimmune symptoms can overlap or mimic TBI (i.e. lupus creates a "brain fog", sjogrens's causes blurriness/dry eyes).
IF YOU HAVE EVER HAD A HEAD INJURY OR CONCUSSION (even if slight, the symptoms resolved with time or if a catscan or MRI showed  no signs of a head injury), or if symptoms showed up later)  google Traumatic Brain Injury and look at the symptoms list.  Get a neuroloical eval and insist on neuropsych testing.  Compile a list of all symptoms so that any other medical conditions can be diagnosed.  TBI can take on many different appearances depending on the area of the brain that was injured.  PARTIAL SYMPTOM LIST: dizziness, headaches, vision changes, ringing in the ears, balance/vestibular problems, memory/cognitive changes (problems with spelling/simple math such as balancing your check book, slowed thinking, difficulty learning new things, remembering phone numbers, where you put your car/car keys) spatial disorientation and problems following directions, loss of smell/taste, extreme mental fatigue, lack of concentration/focus, change in executive function abilities (disorganization, decision making), lack of body sensation, and depression.      
I have very similar problems. One morning in April of 2007 I woke up feeling "foggy." It didn't make any sense because I hadn't been doing anything stressful or difficult lately. I had been living a happy life as I always had until this morning. It's been a year now and my symptoms still persist, and if anything they have gotten worse over time. I have had numerous tests run including a cat scan, EEG, sleep study, MRI, seeing and hearing tests, and many others. All of the tests have come back normal. This foggy, detached, tired state of being makes everything seem twice as hard. I can't think clearly, and I find myself forgetting things. I feel very stupid and drugged. I feel as though I'm trapped, and whatever I do I can't get out. Until April 2007 I never had any of these problems. I do have Tourette Syndrome, and it causes me to make involuntary jerks with my head and neck. It is possible that this gave me a concussion or whiplash. However, none of my tests so far have proven that. Tourette Syndrome waxes and wanes, and last April mine hadn't been too bad, which also led me to think that this was something else. Before the day this all started, I was very happy and successful. It just doesn't make sense for this strange feeling to come on so suddenly. I am very healthy otherwise, and I do not drink or smoke. If anyone has similar problems, please let me know, because this persistent, detached feeling is unbearable.
WOW..  I just did a search on my symptoms and you all have basically the same thing. It truely is amazing that if so many people have this that they havn't found a common diagnoses or cause.  I have the vision issues. I have had lethargy, the headaches. the pain in my neck and mid back. the short term memory loss, confusion to the point of getting lost for 30 seconds and then i'm back again. Math issues,  At first I was actually diagnosed with possible Fictitious disorder (making things up) duh. Yeah right. I choose to be this way so I cant work. I'm making less than half my income prior to being sick.  Eventually Someone decided to do a sleep study. Turns out that I have narcolepsy.  I am currently taking Xyrem and my symptoms have improved but I still have the memory loss and confusion at times. I'm still lethargic but my dizziness is gone.  So if you have not had a sleep study. its worth a try. Poor sleep even if you think your sleeping can cause alot of these symptoms.
Was out shopping today, went into a bookstore. Was standing there looking at some magazines on the rack probably about 5-6 feet in front of me.  All of a sudden my eyes became unfocused, had the feeling like they were "crossing". I was unable to see in a straight focused fashion for several seconds. I had to force my eyes to get focused again, {if I was able to force it, I don't know, I tried to do so and thought I did}. Anyway, I got them focused and it scared me so bad, I sat down there on the bench, and called out for my grandson who was in the store with me, but he wasn't close. Then my eyes got unfocused again just for 2-3 seconds and I felt like I was able to stop it that time before it went longer.
Scared me so bad. I've never experienced anything like that before in my life. I am 55 y/o, am nearsighted and do wear glasses. Came home, got on the internet and searched for "eyes crossing, unable to focus" and found this message board.
Thx for reading all, I want to see a doctor and get a professional medical opinion on this.  
I'm having these same issues.  Burning feet, burning in between my shoulder blades, blurred vision, dizziness, migraine headaches, ringing in the left ear, etc.  I look on the internet to see if anyone else has these issues, and lo and behold, there are many like myself.

Today, Sept. 21, 2008, is the first day that i have decided to catalog my "symptoms" to see if there is a cycle.  I hope that all of you would do the same to see if they are coherent with one another.  

Here is my litany of complaints:  First, I have an overwhelming feeling of dizziness, then as I was drive home (like last night), my eyes become increasingly blurred.  Upon driving home, I almost pass out due to a dizzy spell.  I make it home, and the moment I sit down next to my husband, I slip out of the chair and onto the floor (sounds like "On Top Of Spaghetti... All Covered with Cheese...).  Hubinator then takes me into our bedroom, and helps be into bed.  I black out for about five minutes, then get up like nothing is wrong, completely energized.  I have a great sleep.  The next day seems normal until night time. On my way home, the migraine comes back.   I take prescription meds to help ease the pain, but that doesn't even touch the dizzy pounding in my brain, and when I sit still, my body literally starts to throb.

I have been living like this since I was born.  I remember the first time my eyes "blacked out", when I was five, and I thought I went blind, but then everything "fuzzed" back into place.  I also have aural migraines, hallucinate (see ghosts, spirits, etc), and have a burning pain in my shoulders, and burning feet.  I get dizzy at the most inopportune time, and also get very sleepy when I'm reading, and when I finish reading, my vision is very blurry.  Could this possibly be dehydration, and poor diet, or are we all just waking up to the fact that this is how it will be for the rest of our lives?  I don't like it one bit.  

I also hear a "whining" sound in my left (and sometimes right) ear.  
Go to:  http://www.****.***
to listen to the sound I hear all the time...
(BTW) I know that some of the stuff on the website above is a little far fetched.

hi!  one question. have you tested for ear infections? they can cause dizziness, headaches, whining and balance problems (like falling off a chair). i too have problems with reading but it's only normal that your vision will be blurred after an hour of seeing black lines on white paper. as for the rest of the symptoms like back pain I can't help you but i'm sure a neurologist can. take care and good luck!
I'm glad to find this forum. I've had dizziness, foggy feeling in my brain, an inability to concentrate for long on anything....along with anxiety and short panic attacks for about two weeks. My doctor told me I have vertigo in the form of a virus and that it will clear up in a few weeks...but I'm so scared by the symptoms at the moment because I don't feel like myself at all. I'm usually quite confident but suddenly I'm afraid to go outside the door. It's like, as someone else said, being tipsy all the time...and feeling strange and unfamiliar. It all started with a dizzy spell out of the blue at home about a week and a half ago.
I've been tested for ear infections but got the all clear. The other factor is blood pressure but that's ok too. Waiting for blood test results now.
I am a 21 year old female. I fit and healthy, I drink socially at weekends and smoke lightly. I have been experiencing blurred and jumpy vision for only a few days but I know something is wrong. My eyes are crossing, jumping, twitching and I can't keep my lids from closing.
I have worked long periods with computer since 16 and have had glasses for computer work for 3 years. If I put my glasses on right now it makes the problem 10x worse. The problem only seems to occur when reading or using a computer.
I am concerned as in the past I have had black outs and momentary loss of vision. Doctors suggested I take an iron supplement as my iron count is a little low and I havent had an episode like this for app 8 months.
My co-ordination has deteriated considerably. I havent been having to much problem with typing ( I normally touch type 80-90 wpm) but i have noticed that i am not as fast and make more mistakes. My ability to spell and do simple maths in awful and I can not find the correct words when in conversation.
My mothers birth mother experienced vision problems for several years (bear in mind this was 48 years ago before all the medical break throughs) and died from a blood clot on the brain of which the cause was never determined. There is also a history heart problems and cancer in the family (including current family members).
I don't want to worry my family or over react but I am very concerned.
I am 17 almost 18 years old and I have been having the same problems only worse for about 4 yrs. now. It just started off as my vision began to slowly become blurry. The doctors keep saying that is just caused by stress! I DON'T Believe It. They act as if I am lying/crazy. I see weird colors in my vision 24/7 as well as I have a very odd feeling in my head like I'm not here 24/7. My problem seems to keep getting worse year by year and I am getting very worried.My MRI and all of my tests seem to be fine now. I did have a Chari Malformation in 2007 which I had surgery to cure. I also have Fibromylgia (fibromyalgia). If anyone has any information on what may be wrong with me, please don't hesitate to respond! I can't stand this feeling anymore!!!!!!
I have officially lost hope.  I just did a search and found this post.  I've had similar symptoms since I was 16, and it has completely screwed my life for the last 12 years. Yes, 12 freaking years.  And it hit me so suddenly.  I still remember what I was doing when it happened.  I've done almost everything stated here, and all it has done is taken money out of my pocket.  I tell myself that I can just ignore it, but I can't.  Not for someone like me.  The symptoms just keep getting worse.  Imagine the feeling when you come out of the pool and one of your ears is filled with water and you can't hear from it at all.  It has a similar feeling, but it's affecting my eyes.  But it's more than just the eyes, it's my ability to concentrate.  
Probably many of you have been tested for these things, but if not, try:

1.  Thryoid (FT4, FT3 TSH...ALL OF THEM...and TSH over 2.5 or 3 is suspect and watch the ranges of FT4 and FT3 as well)
2.  I agree with the sleep study one...I read it often takes up to 10 years for someone to find out that they have a sleeping problem....until then all other test are done and found normal...perhaps the sleep study should be done sooner.
3.  Hormones...especially females....monthy times, peri-menopause time and menopause time...males not sure but may be worth a check
4.  Diet:  glueten and wheat and other sensitivities....this you can check yourself with elimination...I find that pasta sends me over and fresh bread made with yeast...dairy sometimes
5.  I suffer too, still have not check out everything on the list I wrote here!  Stress does make it worse....
check your blood pressure this might have something to do with your symptoms.
if you have low blood pressure, what can be done?
By: Garrett: Hey i am 20 years old and have been experiencing the same symptoms as a lot of people on these forums . I use to always have good grades in school. Now when i try to focus in on letters, or if i'm talking rapidly in a conversation, i completely lose track of where i'm at and forget everthing that i'm trying to explain. I get this blurred vision that is hard to explain because even though the eye doctors say i have 20/20 vision, letters and other details seem to have this weird glowing effect where the bottom of the letter shows a a reflection or shade of light coming off of each letter. It's like i can see the letters but they don't appear sharply or precisely. When i'm watching tv for a certain period of time, i start noticing that it's very difficult to focus in on the picture because my eyes start hurting. It's like i have to constantly move my eyes in other directions before i can move them back in towards the television. it's just the weirdest symptom to have because not only does it affect my vision, but my brain as well because if i can't see the image clearly, then i can't intrepret and process the image in my brain. It really plays a huge role in terms of memory because if i can't see things clearly in my brain, then how can i remember them from the day before. I also have this weird stoned feeling that makes me feel like i'm not part of reality but like im dazed off in a cloud(daydreaming.) If anyone has any advice please write me back thanks.
Maybe it's too much of something...computers for instance, cell phones. The body is an amazing unit full of electrical signals, sensory input, and receptor system. Who knows how the environment truly affects us. I was looking for information about nystagmus and saw your concerns. Maybe it is BPPV for some of you.
Take care.
These kinds of symptoms have plauged me most my life. I've just learned to live with them.  I have also had the frustration of not being able to lose weight like other people.  Basically running 40km a week doesn't do a thing for me.  I can't focus on a page for long periods making reading very tiring.  I've also had jittery nerves, can't speak when I want, don't handle stress very well sometimes... sometimes...Though I'm fit but have to watch what I eat I've felt my whole life that things are just too hard.  

I recently came accross the term "Carbohydrate Intollerence" or "Insulin Resistance", and to cut a long story short, all these symptoms are caused from INSULIT SPIKES.  
Try this.  Have a big feed of pasta or any processed carbohydrate, cereal, eat bread and then try to focus.  Do you bloat up, feel uncomfortable around the waste, have difficulty concentrating and shortly tired?  Do you feel it there all day, can't seem to digest that meal of carb.  Carbs aren't bad, I'm not saying that.  

Now eat a steak or some meat only meal.  Eat a large meal then see if you have the same symptoms.  I believe some poeple just handle carb better.  Insulin resistance is genetic in allot of cases and is, as I understand it a step before diabetes.   This is the cause of the discomfort and diffuculty on focusing etc.  I know it well.  
You wont' pick this up in a simple diabetes test either.  I check out fine.

There are some theories on this.  The Atkins diet touches on it but there's a book called "Eat Right for your type" on the market which leans towards this subject well.  It explains that we aren't all carb eaters and especially the O blood types.  I'm O Negative and do well on meat.  Basically the author explains that ever blood type has a suited diet and eating outside this doesn't necessarily work for you.  

Since I've turned to a high protein diet, I've cut back my excercise to a couple of tims a week.  I run about 15km a week as opposed to 40 and have lost weight.  I concentrate better, and can eat a decent sized meal without getting fat.  I have injuries that have healed very fast since I started this diet.  I also eat allot more fat now and my cholesterol has dropped considerably.  My life long back pains don't occur after meals anymore and don't bloat up from eating breakfast .  I don't eat breakfast cereal anymore.  Have gone off bread and pasta and don't eat processed carbs at all.  Plenty of veg, sometimes oatmeal and for the first time in my life I'm starting to feel how I know I should have my whole life.  It's exciting because I really feel that we have our diet thing all wrong.  

Think outside the box for a second. How could we have been made to feel like this.
There is definetly something wrong and I'm 100% certain now its what we eat.  I believe its different for everyone though so think carefully about which foods feel right for you, maybe your body is telling you what you need to hear.  I thoroughly recommend looking at the book I mentioned above.  It's not gospil but its the closest thing to a theory on why we feel the way we do.  

I really hope this helps somebody, discovering this has changed my life.

Good luck.
Sorry. I wrote INSULIT Spikes. I meant INSULIN SPIKES.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The most probable causes for such symptoms of headaches , difficulty concentrating and fatigue are – Temporal arteritis , Common migraine and Brain cancer .  Increased levels of ALT and AST can have a large number of clinical implications. Elevated levels might involve hepatocellular disease, active cirrhosis, metastatic liver tumor, infection or toxic hepatitis, severe burns, pancreatitis, myocardial infarction (heart attack), trauma, acute hemolytic anemia, crushing injuries, gangrene or shock. Please consult a gastroenterologist for the treatment plan . Please consult a neurologist for the neurological symptoms . Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !

I too have the same symptoms.....for the past 6 years or so...started off with the sound of my heart beat in my right ear...pulsates constantly..i have noticed this gets worse when i put on more weight...then my eyes started....could lose sight for a few seconds then would find it extremely hard to focus and my sight would wobble like crazy...it did go away but is now back with a vengence....cant focus on words..telly, people...especially when i turn my head to look at someone or something it goes mad and refuses to stop jumping.....ive been to opticians and doctors and neurologists but all have sent me on my way without a reasonable explanation...so frustrating. i've also had severe neck and upper back pain....it just felt so stiff and wouldn't relax no matter how hard i tried...i'm at my wits end with this..but have found comfort in knowing im not alone.

In the past ive had my nose broken....actually a girl punched me square in the face and knocked me out...since then ive had two more operations on my nose to get it straigtened,....im wondering if this could count as a mild head traumar kind of thing...

Im thinking also that someone referenced salt intake and im a bugger for it....i have to stop with my salt and im now on a diet that has no carbohydrates in it...im also at the opticians in two days to see if they can see anything. altho in the past they haven't been able to see the spasms in my eyes...if anyone gets a diagnosis please post it.....
btw im a 27 year old female at my wits end....im currently 11st 7 and am hoping getting the weight off and hoping eating healthly will help with everything..ill let you know if my symptoms get any better with a change of lifestyle....take care everyone....love kym.xx
Do you have any amalgam fillings in your mouth, or did you have your amalgam fillings removed lately? If yes, then I would suspect this being the cause, as amalgam fillings consist of 50% mercury, and an alloy of lead, copper and titanium - all extremely dangerous materials. I had my mouth full of amalgam fillings and developed a myriad of symptoms out of nowhere, to the point where I came down with paralysis and chronic fatique, and practically nothing was functioning in my body after 3-4 years.

Having your fillings exchanged for white fillings puts an extra load of mercury and toxic substances on your system, which can be enough to provoke symptoms like the ones you are mentioning, and is considered responsible for ALS, dementia and MS.

Another place to look would be your teeth, especially if you had a new dental crown lately, which is composed of incompatible dental materials, or if you have old root canals or wisdom teeth extracted, which can set up infections in other parts of your body. Contact Clifford Consulting & Research, Inc., CO for material reactivity testing of your dental materials at (719) 550-0008 and consult Dr. Robert Evans at Groton Dental Wellness Spa for checking on problems from your teeth. Robert Evans is a very advanced holistic dentist, and he saved my life. I had oral surgery carried out in a number of affected areas in my jaw, which revealed a blot clot. I got my life back after clearing the mercury toxicity from my amalgam fillings with DMPS-treatments, restoring my mouth with white fillings according to a protocol, and removing the blood clot. It was a 5-year process to survive this, and the first 4 years I was not sure if I would live or die.

However, contact a specialist before doing this, as it is dangerous to remove your amalgam fillings all at once, as it adds a further load of toxicity to your body. Ask more questions, if you need to. I am a survivor, whereas most people die of mercury toxicity. What saved me was that I read somewhere that if you can actually cope with the resulting diseases, such as cancers, ALS, etc. etc. until your mercury level has decreased to a point where your immune system can start to function by itself again, you will survive. I survived through multiple cancers, a malignant tumor, blood clot etc. and finally got restored, except for chronic trigeminal neuralgia,

If you have not yet suspected your teeth as the cause, I would suggest to look here. Read Hulda Clark's Book "The Cure for all Diseases", but only the part where she speaks about the dental clean-up (look in the index for that and read that part first). It will tell you everything about dental clean-up, and is also a good book in all other respects. It will talk about ALS as well.

I wish you the best of luck - and should you require further information, feel free to ask.

Kind regards,

Edith
yes hi, well i have been to the opticians today and had many different tests done on my eyes and nothing nada absolutely silch..they said my vision is fine and that the problem must be to do with something else....its interesting reading the above post, but where would anyone start with something like this....ive just recently had 5 fillings litterally 2 months ago....how would i prove this is whats causing my eye/ear problem? how would i know that its not a result from having my nose broken 3 times...one time knocked out..i feel like i have no power with whats happening to my body...nobody wants to flippin help....so whats next dentist or doctor?? neurologist?? i might just admit defeat and try and get use to it....take care everyone. Kym xxx
i have been having issues very much the same as everyone is describing. my right eye blurrs constantly. i blink every couple  of seconds to re focus. i have had neck pain for years as well as pain in the muscles between the spine and shoulder blades. i lose my train of thought frequently, make stupids mistakes when writing and have trouble concentrating on whatever i'm reading or the conversation i'm engaged in. the eye issue started 6 months ago and also accompanied by pain and headache. i went to the ER thinking it was a stroke , they sent me to an eye specialist who sent me to an endocrine Dr. and have also seen my family MD who sent me to a spine clinic. all my results thus far have shown nothing. which is a bitter sweet moment each time. I don't want to find out I have something wrong with me but at the same time I want to know why this is happening to me. I am 43 years old, female, 5'2" 120lbs. i appear much younger than my actual age. i don't drink or smoke. I am healthy other than seasonal allergy.   confused
I'm relieved to see other people that also have many of the same symptoms as myself. I just recently started getting the following symptoms blurred vision, unable to focus eyes, a recent panic attack, and random pains in my lower back area.  It ***** because when these symptoms are coupled with my already known symptoms (random pains in my chest [ranging from sharp stabbing feelings around my left breast to dull aching feeling starting at the middle of my chest and expanding outward], fatigue, and groin pains) it makes my life a lot harder.

I'm a 20 year old male... Its really disturbing to see all these problems occurring with my body, because before I turned 18 I was seeing my doctor on average of about once every 12-24 months since I never had anything wrong with my body and I rarely got sick ( I can recall twice having the flu before 18 and having strep throat once when I was 12 years old).  

Ill bring up some of the diagnoses mentioned on this page, maybe it'll help my doctor with diagnosing me correctly.  Thanks everyone!
Okay.  This is so awesome to read that I'm not the only one.  I've been working with doctors for over a year now.  It started with the inability to concentrate and the feeling like someone was choking me and fatigue.  They said it was anxiety but no anxiety medication worked.  Then they said it was mono, nope not that.  Been tested four different times.  And then they said ADHD.  Nope that medication didn't work either.  Lately I've been tender in all of my joints and feel like my hands and eyes are working together.  I drop things and grab at things and nothing happens.  I have had a hard time focusing (everything is foggy) and at times it seems that when I turn my head I have tracking-type problems.  lost my footing and It's like I'm sick on my stomach all the time.  And the migraines, omg, they've been so bad.  They thought I had vertigo recently.  Nope, I didn't.  It's so frustrating.  I went to the doctor today and had more blood work, my sugar tested, and a bunch of people looking at me like I'm crazy.  it's totally frustrating. I'm just glad I'm not the only one, I'll tell you.  I know if I find anything out I'll let everyone know.  I believe it is neurologic but I seem to be the only one at my doctor's office to think so.  One person even said I had epstein barr.  Neg results on that, too and on all Hep conditions.  I agree, too, it's like I'm tipsy all of the time.  Short term memory is bad, and long term memory isn't great either.  people used to flip at everything I could remember.   Come on, I'm 34.  Help if can
Hi - my partner has had very similar symptoms to others on this post. He was 20 at the time, healthy etc, then one day he woke up had a feeling like he couldn't concentrate on letters or that his eyes were throbbing but they weren't. this has since occurred every single day for the past two yrs and is now almost debilitating (he fights through work, and life in general).

He is unable to exercise at all (running, walking, tennis - let alone the gym) - and IF he does, his eyes get dramatically worse immediately, and he just starts to cry because he feels like dying. He cant look at a computer screen for more than 5min at a time, so although he forces himself to go to work, he really cant concentrate.

the ophthalmologist says nothing is wrong, everyone says he has 20/20 vision, and that nothing is wrong. The one thing he has started to do now is wear very dark sunglasses, and he feels like this helps a little, but overall he isnt really sensitive to light. Whenever we are in a department store, or there are alot of moving objects, colours or just too much happening, he has to leave, as he just cant focus (i mean in a bigger picture sense - he can only focus on one thing - too many things freak him out, and it hurts). As with someone else, the doctor mentioned his liver function was up, and supposedly this was the cause of glandular fever - which may be right, as we now both have extreme fatigue (but i don't have eye problems).

he has spent thousands at a cognitive psychologist who really wasnt any help, physiotherapists, doctors, optometrist/ophthalmologist  specialists etc...everybody thinks he ie a hypochondriac because he now has so many problems. MRI scan clear.

He now barely gets any sleep also. Now he is turning 22, and still every single day complains. i feel sorry, because i know he wants to tell me but feels that all he ever does is complain so he just doesnt talk about it much (he is slowly losing his will to do anything or even live ...so now im really worried).

The one thing i gather from everybody is that NOTHING works, it DOES not go away, and you need to learn to live with it. Its just very sad that nothing can be done, and that doctors are baffled and pass the buck....
sorry i also forget to mention that he also feels disconnected, and like he drunk or on drugs all the time. if he drinks, then immediately his eyes get worse, and would last for at least a day - though it then goes back to normal of being bad (not normal in a good way).

he cant drink, party, go out etc.
As I read Ranger's post and the others, I am feeling these exact symptoms!  Dizzy, cloudy headed, memory loss, numbness and/or weakness in arms or legs, flashes of lines in my eye (once last week). I had a an MRI and have a Pineal Cyst in my brain, but they think it may or may not be causing the symptoms. The Dr. also suggested migraines, but I am not having severe headaches, just pressure in my head and face sometimes.  I thought I was the only one because I don't know anyone who has experinenced this stuff.
I feel like I have been drugged as pp said or like I have taken a bunch of cold medicine. It's the best way I know how to describe what's going on. And I feel like I'm not being taken too seriously.  It's hard to describe these symptoms without feeling like I'm being looked at like a weirdo.  My Dr. was supposed to call make an appt. with a neurologist yesterday, but he didn't call me yesterday or today.  This is not funny to me...it's affecting my concentration and thinking and my life!  I feel like I can't focus when I read at class.  I feel so disconnected and off! One minute I will be fine and the next I will get dizzy and my left pinky will feel numb and/or my legs weak, off balance, etc. The worst is that I can't remember things well and I feel like I'm trapped in a fog or something.  
I have the same symptoms as many of you:  vertigo, brain fog, eyes jumping, imbalance, headaches.  My depth perception is screwed up, can't climb stairs or take escalators anymore. My neck and shoulder are constantly in pain, even though I do chiropractic and massage on a weekly basis.  My head gets numb, tingly, sometimes my ear feels full, even though I have no hearing or ear problems.  I've been to every specialist money can buy, and so far nothing.  I just want to mention another person posted info on a condition called "vertical heterophoria syndrome".  It is a condition with the eyes, but only 3, yes 3, doctors in the country treat this.  I too have 20/20 vision.  I wear reading glasses only because I started getting headaches when I'd read too long, but I can still see letters perfectly, although now I feel like I'm swaying back and forth and hurling through space in all different directions when I look at something too long.  I really feel like this is connected to my eyes, even though most doctors don't agree. I can't be in crowded stores because I freak out and lose my balance, senses, everything.  I can't look at detailed floor/wall patterns without feeling dizzier.  Watching TV, especially action films/shows where there's lots of movement make me dizzier.  Writing this post is making me dizzy.   I went to a "vision therapy" specialist, and I mentioned this heterophoria condition, and even though most optometrists are not equipped to diagnose this properly, she still thought it was a good idea to investigate this further.  So I've researched this heterophoria extensively, and I'm traveling to one of the 3 doctors in the country who treats it next Tuesday.  I had to convince my family and friends that I'm not insane and need to get there because I can't drive myself there or fly anymore.  I forgot to mention everyone thinks this is all in my head, family/friends/and even some doctors.  Anyways, I'll post next week on how it goes and let anyone know who's interested in the outcome.   Here are the two sites I found for treatment.  One is visionspecialistsofbirmingham, and one is reedleyeycare.  Don't know where the 3rd one is.  the other post mentioned there was a 3rd.  Check it out.  Almost all my symptoms match the birmingham description, but there is a really interesting article on the Reedley website discussing why optometrists/ophthalmologists don't treat this condition.  So hope this helps one of us....
I forgot to mention it's called "hyperphoria" on the Reedley Website.  I guess the terms are used interchangeably.....
Has anyone gotten better?
I have the exact same symptoms an dhave so for about a year now. Just recently though i have been becoming very fearful about this whole thing, I cant study anymore, learning used to come eays to me and now I am failing uni. My eyes are always unfocued and its hard for me to process words' and conversation. Im feel so detatched from myself and others'.  Im pretty sure its depersonalisation disorder :(
Hi I wanted to look up my symptoms that have been happening for about a year because they have been getting worse and have been affecting my work and school productivity. I have had a aura headache a few months ago, and today i just got a flue like headache. I cant concentrate and i feel like things are not working with me like i cant find connection with people sometimes.   I think the digestive system and the rest of my the body systems have just become messed up over time from food, stress, and etc.  I mean why cant it be diet related because i remembered that i started the perfect cleanse and i i felt it helped but i stopped half way through cause i went on vacation. I think i will give one of the cleansing supplements a try again and see what happens. Do any of you have other suggestions?  or have tried this?
Has anyone been tested for Multiple Sclerosis.  Eye problems, burning, pain beween the shoulders (l'hermettis syndrome), fatigue.  All inidicitive of MS.  Additionally, you may have the disease but Dr.'s are not quick to diagnose it.  Make sure you tell your Dr. everything that is going on with you.  Everything!!!  This well help them immensly.  Also, try and see a neurologist that specializes in MS.  If you are still undiagnosed, please consider this option.  
Hi, I'm a 29 year old female and have had alot of the same symptoms mentioned here, for years. I have high blood pressure and have blamed it on that for years. I recently was put on a different medication for my hbp, and it's now normal but am still feeling real bad. Foggy vision, unfocused, sensitive to light, polka dots and stripes too. I can't concentrate when having a conversation and feel very sleepy at times. I can be somewhat ok one minute and feel horribly the next, as if I'm suddenly dreaming or not in my own body. I hate the feeling. As I type now, my vision is foggy and unfocused. I had talked to a Dr. about this years ago and was told it was stress. I'm not overstressed or anything like that, so I'm completely stumped. Then again, I couldn't find the right words to describe what I feel to people or to my recent Dr., my last Dr. did make me feel a bit looney, he didn't believe me.
Thanks to everyone here who can relate, I will be explaining this feeling to my Dr. and may let her know about this site, so she can see that I'm not the only one and am not making it up.
I am here to tell you that you are not alone.  I too have many of the symptoms you speak of.  Blurred vision, dull frontal headaches, seeing spots, upper neck pain, lower back pain, foggy brain, memory problems, comprehension problems, problems typing, heavy chest (and pains), panic, and to top it all off, My Dad was just diagnosed with early onset alzheimers (at 60), which makes me think that I am slowly slipping down the same path.  I am only 31, have a 9 month old daughter and need my mind and body healthy to care for my wife and her.  I love life, but live in constant fear, fear to the point that even googling my symptoms makes my stomach burn, chest pound, and head tingle with nerves at the thought of finding out what I may really have.  Reading your stories, although I sympathize with you, in a strange way makes me feel better and more connected than anyone around me can when it comes to these issues.    
I too have a lot of these same symptoms. Mostly feeling completely disconnected and "not real" very foggy brain, forgetfullness, hard time focusing and reading among other things.

I have studies Holisitic Nutrition over the last 2 years and I'm now convinced that my symptoms and most of your's are related to a yeast overgrowth called Candida. It is often overlooked and never considered as a cause of disease/symptoms in conventional western medicine.

I have read numerous books and articles about this and Candida is a polysymptomatic disease meaning that it can manifests as many unseemingly related symptoms, depending on which part of the body the fungal infection has multiplied in growth.

As well, Candida travels through the blood and produces more then 75 known toxins that can produce symptoms in the nervous, muscular, and digestive systems etc. I extremely recommend looking into this as a reason for all these strange and debilitating symptoms. There are a few tests that a naturopathic doctor can perform and an at home spit test.

http://www.nationalcandidacenter.com/candida-self-exams/

Please do your research as there are endless resources online and in books to help you diagnose and cure yourself. The main thing that will need to be changed is diet as yeast eat sugars. So that means cutting out the alcohol, refined sugars, grains, and excess fruit etc. that will be feeding the yeast.

Then you need to support your immune system, take probiotics to replenish your digestive bacteria and then start an anti-fungal treatment with herbs that will eliminate them. If left untreated Candida will proliferate and it will deteriorate your body, breaking it down day by day until a more serious illness is created from this nasty fungi.
31 year old male, otherwise fit and healthy. I've had odd symptoms since October 09. Sudden onset when I woke up one morning, having not slept that well (~6 hrs sleep) having had quite a few coffees the night before. For the first few months, the primary symptom was like a movement lag sensation - the sensation of movement (felt in my head) was fractionally behind actual movements made. This symptom has petered out since January. However, I am left with two other symptoms which have been with me since the start - these are vision problems and memory problems. Difficult to descibe the vision problem - jumpy would be one word I'd use. It's like there's something in my peripheral vision, most noticable when reading or doing any precision tasks. Sometimes it's like there's a shimmering field between my eyes and the thing I'm looking at. It's worse at work where there's fluorescent lighting or if I'm in a room with light coloured walls. I'd describe the memory problems as not being able to follow lines of conversation, loss of sharpness, losing track of things very easily and finally loss of lateral thought. The only other symptom I've noticed is that I sometimes get a feeling mild pressure on my forehead, though this really doesn't bother me -- but could serve as a clue to all of this.

For the first few months I thought the cause must be inner ear, but now I can only think that it is anxiety (or some sort of brain overload) causing this. I have a got a bit of a fastidious personality and tend to worry about minor things. These things seem to keep recurring in my brain - it's like I have to keep recalling them in order to feel reassured (is there a name for this?). I've always had this going on, ever since I was a kid, but never knowingly had any symptoms as a result.
Ever since Nov 2008 i have had dizziness, it is like i am buzzed, sometimes i can walk fine but then other times i just fall right over, it put me out of work for 2 months the first time it happened, then it went away, but then the same time the next year it happened again, i went though all this testing, Vestibular, MRI, Neurologist, sea sick medicine, the doctors could not figure out what is wrong. Well then i was fine for 6 months, lost my job and didnt have insurance, so now i have just been waiting to see what is going to happen, i have noticed more things happening, Blurred vision, double vision, toe numbness and finger tingling, and tired all the time. Also i do have some pain in my left ear but that only happens every once in a while.  This was all happening every once in a while until recently, for a week now i have been walking around like this, it hasnt been too bad, i am able to drive, and walk, but i have a hard time seeing sometimes and i dont feel too safe driving. Not sure what to do, i do not want to waste more money going to a doctor that isnt going to be able to help me find a answer! If anyone has this symptoms and has answers please let me know.  
hi, I'm 15 years old and i have the EXACT same symptoms as the first person who wrote in 2006, and many of the other symptoms listed by people on this forum. I've been suffering from them for two years now, and the doctors have been little to no help. i just don't know what to do anymore, I'm still in school and I'm sure you can imagine how difficult concentrating on lessons is for me. i also have a feeling of being disconnected from everything, like my brain is so tired nothing is real anymore. and this is almost constant for me, i don't remember an occasion where it ever went away. I've had mri and cat scans, along with seeing many doctors. they've all been clear, and all the doctors can tell me is that i have depression and/or allergies. i do suffer from depression, but I'm a little more than convinced that its caused by my symptoms rather than them being caused by the depression. because the antidepressants i take don't cure any of the symptoms. and as for the allergies, i took the flonase they recommended and it didnt do anything for me. so just recently they gave me two allergy medications to take at the same time, and im going to try them but im doubtful about their results. i just stumbled on this forum because i thought i would do some research regarding my blurriness, and i was very surprised to see that others have the same problems i do. if you have any answers for me then please reply, thanks. :)
Hello All,
I have been experiencing almost all symptoms mentioned here (apart from the neck pain). Almost unable to concentrate,foggy brain, issues when reading, short term memory almost non existent etc. It has been ongoing for about 10 years - initially when it started I docs done an endless number of blood test, MRI and CAT scans but since they all started coming back all clear I my doctor started going towards Depression, put me on anti depressants which didn't help at all! Recently asked the doctor to start withdrawing the antidepressants. I try to live my life around it - constantly tired though so sometimes it is very hard.

Still at work but not sure how long for....

I just wondered if any of you who originally posted your notes here in 2006 have found any answers it would be good if you could let us know.

I am going to book another appointment with a neurologist next week and try to go from scratch with everything.

I will keep you posted if anything new pops out.

Keep strong!
It's so comforting to know that, i'm not crazy, as some doctors try to make you feel like it's all in your head.  Meanwhile you're left to try to self diagnose. Anyway, I came across this link yesterday. Maybe it will helps someone.
You have to read the ENTIRE article, it covers many of the symptoms that I'm having.  I'm going to ask my doc about it.

http://www.drgangemi.com/healthnews/backpain_adrenals
This MAY be a little helpful to some as well.

http://symptoms.webmd.com/default.htm
I'm a 21 year old female (also healthy and in decent shape) and I believe I have similar symptoms as you. Sometimes I'll be sitting or reading and all of the sudden it feels as if my vision and head are spinning, while getting a rush of blood to my head. My vision starts to feel jumbled, but I can still see things almost perfectly. I feel almost like I'm drunk because of the way my head feels and the weird distortion of vision. It lasts for a few minutes and I'm left with a very strange feeling in the front of my head, almost as if there is pressure or weight within. I usually also get a lot of visual snow (seeing static in the air) after these occurrences. I get this at least once a month now.

However, I am on Toprol XL, prescribed by my cardiologist. This was supposed to help blood pressure as I apparently have issues with blood getting to my brain upon standing up, stretch etc (this all started to happen after loosing roughly 80lbs). The symptoms you and I describe are very similar to that of another experience I have that I feel is related in some way or form (this is the experience I have the medicine for). Basically I'll get the same head rush as described above, however what's different is that my vision will go black (going from my right eye to my left eye) and I feel weak and may or may not pass out or fall down depending on how bad it is. While the medicine tries to control these symptoms, I still get them occasionally. I truly believe that the two have to do with each other, but actually fixing them seems near impossible with just medication.

My cardiologist suggested exercising more and working hard on my cardio to improve blood flow. While I'm not very active at the moment, when I did exercise daily before I would have less symptoms. I would suggest start charting any and every time you feel the way you do and record what you were doing (possible that something triggers it). If you go to a neurologist, they might suggest you're having non-convulsive seizures... in which case they'll prescribe you medicine and ignore any other possibilities (I was told this and prescribed topamax - horrible medicine, made my hands/feet constantly go numb). I stopped taking the medicine without consulting the doctor and feel like maybe if I took it again the dizzy head rush feeling would go away. I'm just speculating though.

Anyway, take care and I hope you find a way to fix this.
My heart goes out to everyone on here sharing these same problems.  These symptoms are real and you are not alone.  I am 41 and have sufffered from Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue for the past 15 years, I don't take the popular rx's due to the side effects and cannot tolerate the pain meds just doping me up anymore.  I take Cymbalta to help with the pain (and to keep me from wanting to cry because I can't make the pain stop) and I also take Nuvigil to help me with the fatigue (I started to feel like I had narcolepsy).  I know they say it isn't progressive but for Gods sake, I am tired of new symptoms popping up constantly.  
About year ago my vision began what I call fluttering or a slight bouncing and for the past 6 months my vision blurs, I will have double vision, and my eyelids are retracting.  The retracting started in the right eye and is now happening in the left eye as well, but not at the same time.  I feel a  lot of pressure when this happens.  This isn't constantly, but does happen multiple times throughout the day.  I have my eyes checked yearly and all comes back normal with a small rx for reading.  I have even seen an opthamologists who gave the same rx and said I should see if it has something to do with my activities or the food I eat. Well this was a total waste of my time and money since it happens at different times of the day while doing different activities.  (All I can say is he was a true idiot.)
I have a horrible pain in the left arm that starts right above the shoulder and radiates down right past the elbow.  I am also having problems with my legs, the best description is that I feel like I am losing muscle strength.  I can be sitting in the floor and I have to get on my knees and walk on them to the couch or bed so that I can use my elbows and upper body to get up.  
I have an MRI of the brain scheduled for tomorrow along with a nerve/muscle for the arms and legs.  Don't really know if I am wanting them to rule out things or hoping they can find the problem...  
I complete my MRI, nerve and muscle test with the neurologist.  I told him how I had been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia...he said that was incorrect and just by listening to the muscle sounds that it was CIDP...  It is treatable but it could take a while to get back on track...Need some blood work and a MRI on the spine before we can start treatment.  Maybe I am on the right road!!!!!!!!!!!
I know this post was placed over 4 years ago, but I would like to share on this topic. I have been steadily going through many of these symptoms. I'm a 25 y/o female. I have been very lethargic, can't concentrate on what's being said or remember what has been said to me. I feel out of focus, like I've been drinking, and get horrible waves of pain. My brain feels like it's melting, or rather burning from the inside. I get random sharp pains throughout my body. I'm always cold and my toes keep going numb. My scalp feels prickly like my hair hurts and I have tingly/numb sensations that go on across my face. I go through abdominal phases where intense bloating and pain occurs. My skin feels like it's full of water and swelled. I also get heartburn to acid reflux off an on. I have been diagnosed with possible Peripheral Neuropathy, but my THS level is very high meaning possible Hyperthyroidism. Connecting the dots everything fits into the category of Grave's Disease. If these are anything you are going to you should have your THS levels checked for starters and then work from there. For others that have posted with just head problems do remember that Migraines come in many forms, making you want to just curl up and die in a dark corner somewhere, and yes your neck can cause them due to pinched nerves or unusual circulation to the brain, for that I recommend a Chiropractor.
How much caffeine are you drinking each day?

How much exercise are you getting each day?

Are you stretching, rotating shoulders, neck, back sides etc... each morning and night?

How is your diet? What kind of foods do you eat? what kind of liquids do you drink?

I Have exactly the same problem as everyone here on this list (and some) and have noticed my symptoms increasing now for the past two years or so. I've decided today to change up my daily routine and diet. I will repost when I get some results so stay in tuned.. also, other people are welcome to join in on this venture of curing these symptoms ultimately curing our illnesses and pains. Wish me luck...

Oh yeah, my name is Daniel and I'm 27 years old. I'm a computer technician (mostly sit at a desk) and I'm about 155 lbs.

For some of you I would really advise looking at DISSOCIATION, DEREALISATION and DEPERSONALISATION.

Especially if you feel disconnected or have panick symptoms.
Here is a site with more information but be aware there can be physical symptoms such as loss of motor control and such as pain or numbness.
http://www.dawncoveabbey.org/healing-dysfunction/dissociation-disconnect.html
Check out FIBROMYALGIA - men can get it too!!!!
It's interesting this post is 5 years old and still going!   I stumbled upon it after suffering many of the same symptoms and NO answers from the medical community.  I do have a movement disorder (Cervical Dystonia) which I have had for 5-6 years.  I am constantly struggling with that...

However, for the last 6 weeks I've had NEW troubling symptoms which include:  My vision - problems focusing (especially when I read or write this postingl!), pounding headaches, dizziness, vertigo, light/sensory sensitivity, memory problems. I saw my regular doctor and he as they all do acted uncomfortable and said he didn't see anything and maybe I should go to a neurologist.   I just saw an opthamologist to rule out vision problems and was told I have dry eyes, but otherwise "fine".  

One of the people who posted mentioned amalgams.  I too have a theory that some of my troubles are related to them.  I actually had two large eroding amalgams removed just around when these 'new' symptoms started.  I wonder how people are suffering from mercury poisoning?  A lot of these symptoms fall under this heading.  
EVERYONE PLEASE LOOK UP CANDIDA. I HAVE A LOT OF THESE SAME SYMPTOMS AND I THINK I FINALLY FOUND THE ANSWER WITH A SIMPLE SPIT TEST. http://www.nationalcandidacenter.com/candida-self-exams/
BY THE WAY, I FAILED THE SPIT TEST WHICH CONCLUSIVELY SAYS I HAVE THIS CONDITION. I ALSO GOT A 14 ON THE SYMPTOMS TEST WHICH ALSO SAYS I HAVE THIS CONDITION. IT CASE ANYONE IS WONDERING WHAT MY CONDITIONS ARE: BRAIN FOG, ALL THE EYESIGHT PROBLEMS INCLUDING JUMPING EYES, FEELING OF EYES CROSSING, HARD TO FOCUS, SPOTS IN EYESIGHT (FLOATERS), SENSITIVITY TO LIGHT, CONFUSION, BAD HAND AND EYE COORDINATION, OVER ALL FEELING OF BEING DISCONNECTED, FEELING OF BEING SPACED OUT, BLANK STARES, SLIGHT TINGLING IN MY FINGERS AND TOES, STOOL WITH MUCUS IN IT, RINGING IN THE EARS, DRY EYES, LETHARGIC, FEELING OF LAZINESS. ALSO I HAVE REOCCURRING RED PATCHES ON MY FACE THAT TURN FLAKY AND THEN GO AWAY. PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS THESE SYMPTOMS, REPLY TO THIS POST. ALSO HERE IS ANOTHER WEBSITE WITH GREAT INFO ON THIS CONDITION BUT PLEASE BE SURE TO DO THE SPIT TEST FROM THE WEBSITE I GAVE ON MY LAST POST AND LET US KNOW IF YOU TO FAILED THIS TEST. HERE IS THE OTHER WEBSITE: http://nourishedmagazine.com.au/blog/articles/how-to-overcome-candida-pt1
i have been suffering from severe headache sincde 5 years due to which i am unable to concentrate while speaking to others moreover i am unable to spell the word clearly. i want to get rid of it. please advice me what treatment should i follow so that my problem gets solved.
This is ridiculous - out of all these people, NO ONE HAS AN ANSWER YET?!

I have suffered from this for 4 years now. I'm 23 female, 5'8, 135lbs. Otherwise heathy except DEBILITATING neck pain, brain fog, and insomnia.

All of these symptoms came on literally overnight. Just one night I could no longer sleep, and the pain in my neck felt like someone had cut my tendons with a knife. I was on the floor crying, it was that bad. Since then I've tried every antidepressant, benzo, stimulant, etc. Klonopin makes me feel a lot better, but it's too addictive. Nothing else works. MRIs show I have bulging and torn discs in my neck but no history of neck injury.

This is ruining my life completely.

WE NEED ANSWERS!  PLEEASSSE WRITE ON HERE IF YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR ANSWER!
Hey Its funny because I never write on these things but I have Alot of the same difficulties with my eyes and im only 17 years old. Almost two years ago i have been diagnosed with Scleritis, which is an auto immune sickness. its like arthritis where your body attack its own joints through inflamation (inflammation) but instead it attacks the white part of my eye, allowing the blue layer underneath the white to show. Ever since i have been diagnose my problems with symptoms such as these have been getting worse and its even worse at this time of my life because i have problems reading on my SATs and not scoring to my full potential.
Stress.  Our world has changed so much over the past few decades.  As technology was supposed to make our lives easier, it's only made our lives more convenient.  The pressures of getting work done for those who have it and the pressures of finding work for those who don't are overwhelming. Life isn't simple anymore.  Remember when everyone had Sunday's off?  I'm not that old (41) and I remember it well.  
I've been dealing with stress my entire adult life.  I believe some of us are more sensitive to it than others.  But all the problems I feel, from severe panic attacks to malaise to inability to focus are rooted in stress.  I've had doctors say, "Take a load off, man.  Do something to lose the stress."  Well, easier said than done.  I work in a stressful industry and it's not as simple as just cutting bait and moving on.  
I hope for all of you as I do myself that we can simplify and ease some of the stress.  I hope that we can all get past our pains, anxieties, illnesses.  As I read the posts and see so many similarities among all of us, I realize one thing we all should have in common is the happiness that comes with finding wellness.  Good luck to all.  Let's enjoy a Sunday off sometime.
Dave
I have all these issues too and I was diagnosed with sarcoidosis and peripheral neuropathy. Just something u could bring up.
This forum comforts me a little.  It's just nice to know I'm not the only one out there with such debilitating and undiagnosed symptoms.  I've been dizzy, disoriented, fuzzy, and fatigued for a year now.  The ground feels like it's constantly moving and the fear this causes frequent panic attacks.  I've had blood work done with normal results.  I tried to convince myself that it is just stress.  People have started to look weird to me like my vision is melting and I've started to try to avoid looking at people (which is hard because I work in customer service). My vitals always come off perfect and consistent.  I can't spend money on a ton of doctor tests...was thinking about going to a Naturapath tomorrow.  The last couple months have been hard. I am exhausted, shaky, and lethargic.  It's nice to know that other people are having similar issues because I was truly starting to think I was just crazy. I hope for all of us there is an answer. :)
I had a lot of the same symptoms including depression, some blurry vision , brain fog and being very prone to a lot of infections. I'm am currently seeing a homeopathic doctor. They are not cheap but i would rather pay for a doctor that finds my actual problems and fixes them than go to a regular practitioner just to get some drug prescription to cover up the symptoms rather than treat the real cause. At first we thought that all the antibiotics i had taken killed of all the good bacteria in my intestinal track and than caused a yeast over growth (google "candida" to find out more). I went on a processed sugar free diet for 6 months and took a probiotic every day. I still was not satisfied with the results although i did get a lot of physical energy back that i was lacking before. I decided to get myself tested for heavy metals (mercury,lead,arsenic, etc.). Turns out that the root cause of all my troubles was very high  mercury and lead toxicity, both of which are neurotoxins. Mercury most likely from my amalgam fillings, and lead from old brass pipes in an old house i used to live in. I am currently under going oral chelation and will keep you guys updated.
How about juggling your words? I have some of these same symptoms, but what kills me is sounding like an idiot in front of people sometimes. I am a very intelligent person and have lot's of great things to talk about, but between my brain and my mouth things get jumbled and the words come out all wrong. Anyone else?
A lot of the symtoms (symptoms) above I have experienced, and been treated for, the diagnosis was Cervical Cord Compression. I have had two lots of surgery to decompress the spinal cord.This by no means covers everybody who has posted, if any at all, but it is worth bearing in mind. Scotty B  UK
I have felt the same way for over 2 years.  Was treated for depression as well and it didn't help.

I'm wondering how many of you with this symptoms work on computers most of the day?
i've had the same problem for about the last 3 years & now it's getting worse just in the past 6 months. i could start a conversation & have to stop & ask several times what i was talking about. never really had many headaches throughout my life either but this has also started bothering me in the pasat 6 months. but whats really scaring me now is i can be driving down the road & have no clue of where im going & it takes 15-20 sec before i remember. dont feel like im a danger on the road cause driving fine just dont know where im headed. im a 43 y/o male & im over weight but have been my whole life & had gastric bypass surgery back in 02 & i looked good weighing in @ 245 lbs & maintained this weight up until about 3 years ago but now im back to around 320ibs. i had been one of the top athletes in my county & ran the 40 in 4.37 @ 240 lbs on a 5'8 frame & smoking 2 packs a day. back in 91 i tore my acl & had a total knee reconstruction & went through therapy for a year & got released from dr & a week later i got my r leg caught in a pallet & ripped everything out. went through around 40 surgeries on it from 92-97 & got worse after each procedure. in march of 97 they had me sent to unc to discuss my options for the future. but i wound up having my r leg fused from my hip to my ankle. never had any real problems after this except having a couple of screws taken out. so to speed up a little im jumping to aug 05 where i was turning off a major hwy & had 3 semis that were running in a convoy of 5 trucks i walked away from it basically unscaved as my passenger did. that night i started having burning sinsation in my neck & arms. well i had my neck fused from this in 07 . but about year later is when all this started to develop.now i'll speed up to summer of 2010 i wound up having pulminary imbolism & almost died . but i've always been the life of the party & have always loved company at all different times day or night & kept a half way descent house for a bachelor. now i just want to be left alone & have distabnced myself from everybody & cant get motivated to do anything. i just feel like im starting to lose my mind & if i dont make a note of stuff i i'll forget to do things..Just really need some input if any of this happens to yall as bad as this ?
I have had the same symptoms for 8 months.  Taking antidepressents helps me feel a lot better about the situation.  Don't discount how just feeling slightly high can help alleviate some of the symptoms!  It also helps with some of the associated worry.  I also practice the BPV exercises they advocate on the web, and that really helps with some of the dizziness and discombobulation I feel at times.  Sure, many of the underlying symptoms are still there, but it really helps to be on the antidepressents - you get depressed, clinically, by all of the symptoms and worrying about them- and it makes the symptoms worse.  Do yourself a favor and at least give it a shot.  There's no shame in using them, even if you aren't depressed (I'm naturally a happy guy) it helps, so do yourself a favor and get on them.  Also try out the BPV exercises for bouts of dizziness.  A solid week of the exercises usually eliviates the spinning.
Hello everyone! I am reading this forum quite long time, but this is actually my first time when I post a comment here. I am experiencing almost same problems as most of you ( tired eyes, cant focus, think clearly, hardly remember many things, really tired in the early afternoons and feels much better at night). To be honest with you, I came to one conclusion, after a lot of researches over the interent. Most of us, who cant think , focus, feelling bed during the days, tired, thoughts running in our brains, this is either ADD/Depression or ADD/ Simple or Disorganaized Shizoprenia as well as depression. This week I will go again at Psyhiatrist, but the problem with those ills is, that we can't go on scanner and the doctor could confirm a 100 percents. Those are very shity ilnesses, which could be only assumed and tested by some drugs. But most of us here, I am pretty much sure ADD/Shizo. The problem is that ADD is either stand alone disorder or followed by Shizo. Depression is our less problem. Hope to hear some more oppinions from you!!!
actually to ranger01 and golfer01 problems are in the head and neck. Ranger01 have you had an accident of any type of hit in the head or on the head or in the face or back and fallen hard?  Golfer01 I had a chiropractor turn my head to put my neck in place and when he did it, the place where my head  and spinal cord meet was cracked which resulted in my narrowly decking my chiropractor, but it put it back in place.  Both are obviously to me head and neck problems.  Don't accept the first doctor you get, get one who listens to you; most just care about the money, not the patient.
Need help.  Have had five TBIs in my life; the last one was 1 1/2 yrs ago.  Since then going downhill fast with headaches, vision problems, dizziness, loss of coordination, cognitive problems, anxiety and panic attacks for no reason. When trying to read, I get nauseated and fatigued to the point I have to lay down and sleep for about 2 to 3 hours until my family wakes me up, but still have a headache that beats the band.  Now, when I accidently just hit my head I start everything from ground relearning how to think, move, but never able to completely come back to me. Getting CT scans is hard, I see colors and it shuts me down (go to sleep), but makes me nauseated and they are coming back negative/normal. My only hope to show what is going on seems to be a test that can check the functions within the brain itself.  But I can't find it. Ready to scream!!!!!
Where can I get a MEG test in Oregon?
I have been having the SAME problem for a month or 2 now, I had bad headaches for a while. Now the headaches are gone and its moved to my eyesight.  Im an eduaction major with a lot of reading required...

One morning I woke up and my vision was ruined.  During that week I went to the ER, the eye specialist and 2 other docters in additon to being on the phone with dr's as well.  All my tests have come back normal including a CAT scan, blood work and my normal check up or my blood pressure and such.  Im scared that the Dr's will stop believing me and think that im just crazy and will stop helping me.  I have another Dr app coming up in a few weeks in which i'll try to bring up the Candina...

After reading everyones posts and such im nervous since in 4 to 5 years no one has a solution yet...

although it is a bit comforting to realize this isnt just me and there actually is something wrong with me and im not alone.

please someone post that theyve been cured...
im 19years old i have had the same sort of thing for 6 months it all started with a big panic attack sort of thing then the dizziness came on a couple of days later and after that it got worse from there the headaches, dizziness and spaced out feeling lasted about 4 months then the subsided but have come back again now. it has also been sending my vision very wierd. i have had ct scan, blood tests, eye examionations, camera in my nose because they said the pressure behind my eyes was sinusitis but they wasnt exactly certain. they cant find anything wrong. i thought it was one of my ears because it has been playing up from the begining because the tinnitus got worse and i had pain constantly but the doctor said it was fine. its just so hard to get through the days when you feel so ill. im going back friday and i will not be happy at all if they cant find whats wrong. i have payed £1000 on private health care and for them to say there is nothing wrong there is something wrong with the health service. i just want them to find out what is wrong and fix it!!!!!!!!!
I also have a weird feeling, feels like I'm floating. Sometimes I fumble over my words. I get headaches sometimes. But the worst thing in all of this is that I feel like I am shaking all over, also feel paranoid, like I did the first few times I smoked marijuana. I have not done that in over 15 years. I have sinus trouble, but it has never made me feel like this.  Can anyone give me any advice at all. Please
This forum has given me justification. Today, I found out that my MRI was normal, and the lack of answers has me distraught. I have been through every other test known to God and nothing. My doctor doesn't want to see me for another two months, but I'm not sure I can last that long.

I have the following symptoms: blurry vision, confusion, short-term memory loss, numbness, pain in my back and limbs, fatigue. The scariest of the symptoms includes: slurred speech and an inability to speak at all. My reading and typing are terrible at times. One day I was trying to read "terrible champion" and couldn't figure out the words. I was trying to make a "ch" sound when reading terrible. It's like my brain was trying to process champion before it had figured out terrible. I'm a journalist; reading is not a strenuous task for me...or at least it used to not be. I know that I'm not a hypochondriac because I, personally, hate going to the doctor. Something is wrong, but I can't convince anyone otherwise.

If you receive a diagnosis, PLEASE let the rest of us know. It could be something that brings peace to us all.
Did any of you ever figure this out for certain? Anyone explore Lyme disease?
Omg, I've finally found ppl that can understand my symptoms! I've been having these problems for a year now. Did every test, heart, Brain MRI, blood test etc. All came back all right. The problem is many doctors i've seen think they are just stress induced and should go away in a while because they apparently cant find the source of it!!

We gotta stick together and help each other if we want to recover and finally put this nightmare to rest! Let's all work it out and keep each other posted!

There's one thing i haven't tried yet so far which i read in some other sources seems to say worked which is anti-depressant or SSRI drugs, anybody here tried this treatment before?
I've experienced similar symptoms as those that others have mentioned here... brain is foggy, really poor memory (when I used to have an unusually sharp mind), vision issues (reality seems to warp into the waves of an ocean, see sparks, problems focusing at times), dizziness, headaches, depression/anxiety,  muscle tension, and mood swings for no apparent reason. i think my physical symptoms were related to the beginning of a spiritual awakening. i experienced these symptoms as a kind of hell, now i'm living again, sometimes very blissfully. here's a little video i found on youtube that describes many of the physical symptoms people here've been having. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txTsbeuY5gM&list=LLdZrixmpMFhh1HrAuR0vfmg&index=19&feature=plpp_video  maybe it'll help some people, at least spiritually! -lindsay
I forgot to mention, I also had elevated AST/ALT liver enzymes! i'm 21 years old, female, barely drink, so this was really weird when i found out.
me again.. this is the real link.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txTsbeuY5gM   -lindsay
Friends,
Please check with Chinese medicine and accupressure for the treatment. Western Medicine does not have any cure. It is basically to do with Liver and Spleen malfunction. The(Qi) is not getting to the right place, there are blockages. If you donot have chinese medicine and accupressure in your area, at home you can just do these few things: (1) Stop drinking and smoking for next 6 months (2) Drink warm water and avoid all cold food items (3) For 1 day in a week drink only fresh squeeze lemon in warm water with pinch of salt for next 6 months. (4) Come to this Forum and post that you have impoved or got better !!! If you are on any OTC medication stop it or you will take longer. See you all after 6 months. Best Wishes.
I have all of these symptoms. In the past few days I can barely ready. I'm under tremendous stress at home and work. If I can't do my job and can't function, what good am I? I'm not reading that their are any treatments. Are there any drug combinations I could take to end this all?
Have you done all this and seen improvement?  I'd like to know your experience with this.  Thanks. S-
I'm trying a new treatment, and I will keep everyone posted as to how it goes.  My symptoms:  chronic dizziness, vertigo, head pressure, eye twitching, visual problems looking at detailed patterns, grocery store rows, etc.  Ear pressure, migraines, extreme fatigue, extreme neck pain and shoulder pain, trouble focusing and concetrating.  Feel like a helmet is squashing my head.  
Docs and tests:  MRI, Xray, blood work, eye exams, ENT's, chiropractors, neurologists, acupuncture, holistic healers, meditation, medications, removed all amalgan fillings.  All tests normal.  No meds have worked.  Detoxed for mercury poisoning, candida, liver and colon cleanses, parasite cleanse,  stopped eating wheat, dairy, coffee, sugar, no alcohol, no smoking.  Tried meds for depression, anxiety, (NO HELP THERE) Always knew it wasn't that.  Don't let anyone tell you it is.  We know our own bodies.  The stress contributes, yes, but it is not the root cause. acunpuncture helped somewhat during treatment, but as soon as I couldn't afford it anymore, I felt like crap within weeks.  Chiros made it worse, Be careful with them.  They can't cure all, even though they think they can.  Two years later I'm all cleaned out and still have all the above symptoms.  LOL.  Just gotta laugh it off sometimes.  
I'm trying a new treatment, started it last night. If it works, it is a cure, not a mask or a temporary relief.  I will definitely post afterward and let you all know how it goes.  Me and the doc are extremely hopeful.  And I have a real diagnosis, YAY!!!  Thank you, God.  I just wanted to be diagnosed, if nothing else.  It's scary not knowing anything.  Look this up, Barre-Lieou syndrome.  I know vertigo/dizziness is caused from a lot of different things, but this matches all my symptoms and some of yours too.  I will keep you posted.  I won't know anything for a few weeks.  God Bless You All....
you all made me feel a hell of a lot better because I thought i was making it up. I have had post concussion syndrome and my eyes would act like this too. I just had to speak to my teacher because I thought I wouldn't be able to finish my final exam! I heard that aderall or ADHD meds can do this? Which I found extremely strange... Mine could be from "not blinking" enough or "straining" my eyes... or even from being over tired but I just feel like this is different and SO FRUSTRATING. I already have ADD and I just feel like my luck is getting the best of me... I have a friend who has glasses for something she said was like what we are experiencing.. She says it's sometimes because when your eyes are not used to focusing for a long period of time you have to "train them" by putting on the glasses for 15 mins when u feel the symptoms and then take them off for at least 30 mins.. I saw the whole "sticky" blood thing, which worries me because I always bruise and have had to get tested for it a million times. I also get nervous about liver issues and I am in college so I could just be killing myself in the first few years of drinking! This is a random thought but do any of you have weird sleep patterns as well randomly? I bet it isn't related but sometimes I get almost "stuck in a dream" and then I'm out of it when I wake up... same with the dizzy blurry vision... I'ts like there is a short circuit between a random part of my eye to the rest of my body.. I ask because I have a friend who had cancer and said a sign of it is night sweats and weird sleep stuff.. Ha figures she would say that as the first symptom! Let me know if you have any thoughts!
I am so glad not to be alone in this, although I am sorry that you are all afflicted as well.  

I am currently a healthy 23 year old female (5'9"/155). Growing up I suffered dizzy spells regularly.  As I grew up I needed an MRI, and the doctor found some sort of abnormality.  I had two follow-up MRIs that did not find any changes.  When I was in high school, I began having fainting spells with no known cause (no blood sugar drop, heart rate fine, etc.).  Those occurred every few months or so, but more when I got sick, and were always preceded by a minute or two of feeling weak and hot, not being able to see straight, and having difficulty telling the direction of things I heard.  Last year I suffered a concussion, but symptoms resolved within a week. Then, two months ago (or so), I suffered what my boyfriend (who saw it) looked like a seizure.  I lost consciousness was even foggier than normal, and had symptoms that preceded it which were identical to those of when I faint.  

Since then, I have gotten much worse.  I used to have an eidetic memory.  Now I can't read a paragraph and remember even the subject.  I attended several meetings at work and could not remember being there.  I can't keep my eyes reading in a line; they bounce and will read words completely out of order.  I am constantly tired, cannot focus on anything, and am starting to just feel stupid and frustrated.  

I had all my metabolic/hormone/thyroid/CBC/EBV/RPR/etc. tests, and all were negative.

I am scheduled to have a repeat MRI in two weeks, and a sleep deprived eeg next month.  My neurologist wants to test me with a tilt table test and an ambulatory eeg as well.  
Heavy metal toxicities - from dental work or an accumulation of other types of heavy metals; such as copper. Many old houses have copper pipes that could lead to problems such as depression, detachment, learning disorders, headaches, fatigue, reproductive issues, as well as neurological issues.

Vitamin and mineral deficiencies are also quite common. Check out symptoms of Magnesium deficiency - many peoples symptoms may fall into this.

Gluten can have a huge effect on a persons general well being. Brain fog, spaciness, feelings of disconnect, inability to concentrate, dizziness, etc. are all very common symptoms.

There is a very large and overlooked link between neurological dysfunction and vaccinations. Vaccinations and T.B. tests contain toxic ingredients that can affect a persons health. Look up vaccine ingredients - you will be disgusted. Among some disturbing ingredients that people are injected with, there are also preservatives added to prolong the shelf life; such as formaldehyde and phenol - both highly toxic substances. The percentage is small enough that it is considered 'safe' although these toxins are accumulative within the body. Everyone is different and many people are much more sensitive than others. Toxins within your body can cause many problems and lead to degenerative diseases. Neurotoxins can have a huge impact on your cognitive functioning, even affecting your nervous system and neurotransmitters.

Hi there,

I just read your posting online and I thought I would give the only feedback I could give and the feedback that I think could have a chance of helping you and that feedback is to follow Jesus and ask him for help with your problems. I know many people feel averse to following the religious path and that is totally understandable but speaking from experience he has made some amazing things happen in my life and I hope that he will do the same for you as well. Take care brother and best of luck.

Regards,

Ameet
hey, im 13 and fell from a gate a few years ago then a few months later after calsping my symptoms showed up
when i fell my vision was blured, i was tired, and felt like i was going to throw up
never went to the doctor
could this be it?
WOW so glad to have found this thread. I'm a 25y/o male that has been suffering from similar symptoms for about a month now

About 1.5mo ago I started hearing a weird sound in my left ear when I would tilt my head (left ear to the ground). I figured it was water and decided to ignore it since it didn't happen frequently.

A few weeks later I believe that I had a panic attack at work.
(I went out drinking the night before and was slightly hungover, on ADD med, and only had a small meal the entire day.. stupid, I know)

During an evening group exercise we all went around and I couldn't recall one of the answers to the questions. Luckily, right before it was my turn I remembered the answer. I should mention, during the brief (15-20sec) panic I didn't shake or anything.. I just had that anxious feeling in my body like when you're about to present in front of the class. When I provided my response my voice didn't tremble or anything.

About 30secs-1min later I began to feel what I researched to be a tremor. A quick shaking of the head (controlled by the neck). When my eyes would focus on anything my head would begin to shake from left to right (in a "no" fashion). It was a very slight left/right motion that I felt would never stop. It took all of my focus to control this. I feared that I was about to have a seizure. This went on for about 1.5hrs as I set through the rest of the meeting.

That was a month ago. Ever since then I have had EXTREME tense/tingly sensation in my upper neck and behind my ear lobes. I am very much "on edge". If I hear sudden sounds the tingly sensation heightens and I feel like I'm about to experience another "tremor"

Also, whenever I try to focus my eyes on anything more than ~5 feet away, I can feel my head kind of tremor during which time I hear a slight crack in the back of my neck which I believe to be caused by my tense neck

This "pre-tremor" sensation also sparks when I suddenly change directions of focus (ie. looking to the right and then quickly looking to the left and vice versa)
I have same symptoms and just had mri of brain yeserday. I  have an appointment with a neuro opthomologist because of a family history of eye strokes. I have been researching (which they tell you not to do because you will think the worst) but the best I've come up with is mini or mild strokes in either brainstem or brain. I have also researched ms which can come back with negative results. Sometimes years later turn into positive results. I dont know aboutyou but at this point i just want a NAME for what i have.
I have same symptoms and just had mri of brain. I have seen a battery of doctors who have used me as a lab rat for anti seizure medications in the past. Now I am waiting for an appointment with a neuro opthomologist. I am hoping for an answer. I researched brain stem and mini/ mild strokes and they seem to fit the situation. You don't have to lose vision or be paralized to have them. Honestly if someone could just tell me what the heck I am going through so I can take care of my family I would be ever grateful.
Oh truly you all are not alone. I am so shocked there are more people out there who are experiencing the same things! I have seen so many doctors and truly feel that they all are just different people. If there is a doctor "house" out there who is a genius diagnostician we should all go to him!
what about being checked for mini stroke? I've made an appointment with a neuro opthomologist due to sudden onset of double vision adding on to other symptoms. I can't drive with three kids and need answers. there are also brain stem mini strokes. I hate it when doctors tell you it's in your head like depression. Ive been told it is that and fybromyalgia, petit mal seizures...other  and maybe it's just stress "after all your a mother of three kids".Please, give me a break. You know your body and should listen to your self. Don't give up!
What about seeing a neurologist or neuro opthomologist? I am convinced that there are many docs in the same field who will give different diagnosis for the same patient. We can't give up. I am currently going to see a neuro opthomologist for sudden onset of double vision adding to other symptoms of weakness of muscles, cognitive problems, extreme fatigue. My friend is a nurse and thinks it is due to an anti depressant I've been taking for a year. However I've had symptoms before taking it and why would I suddenly get double vision. Don't despair, there are answers somewhere. I have to believe that.
hi my name is rolf from the philippines.  last october 2011 i had a strange feeling almost sort of like a numbness in my lower belly and back of legs.  then i had fever that night. the following day i had my self checked in one of the hospitals here in manila and was diagnosed with a fatty liver.  my sgpt was 80 (normal value is 40).  i was prescribed essentiale forte P two capsules 3 X a day.  but during the course of the fever for about a week, i took meds basically for fever and flu.  during the time,i literally could not sleep for more than two months. i was sensitive to light (pin light), the slightest sound etc.  i could not sleep because i guess i was worried with my condition. the dizziness came in, i felt detached, weakness in legs they felt numb, pale (not yellowish). i have my blood worked and internal organs checked through ultra sound.  everything was okay except for the fatty liver.  cardio was okay too.  there were times that my left arm was really weak and i was disoriented even when i was talking - subject matter of conversation were all over the place.  there were also times that i felt my right temple pulsating, pulsating pain behind my right eye.  then i went to see another doctor (closest to where i live) and he advised me to have my eyes checked.  i was diagnosed for a mild vertigo thing which was suppose to go away and thankfully it  did. even had my ears checked and it was normal.  still i felt sluggish on a daily basis and i couldn't seem to focus at an object. i have lots of blank stares (that thing that you do when you are thinking about something).  One morning i felt really weak and requested to be brought to the nearest hospital.  according to the doctor, my lab results were okay except for the sgpt which was managaeable.  i was given B12 which did not work. stomach feels strange etc.  then when i went to leyte, i had myself checked by another doctor and told my my tests were ok. so to give me the assurance that i was okay he tested my sgpt and it was 45.  then he asked me when was the last time i had a good sleep. so i told i couldn't sleep at all.  he even asked me if i had problems. it was then that i realized i was so affected with what has happened to me. then the doctor said i was suffering from a mild anxiety and hypochondria. he prescribed an anxiolitic for me to take right after dinner for 15 days.  i was told it was addictive so i stopped at the tenth tablet.  i was able to sleep well.  right now i can say i can sleep already but bothers me is i still feel disconnected, poor concentration, i still experience temporary blurriness in my right eye and most of the time i feel sluggish. although there are times that i perfectly feel okay. this things happen whenever i feel strange things in my stomach etc. I don't know. im tired already. i am usually mentally sharp and all that and i just dont feel the same anymore.  next week i will have myself tested for my sgpt and sgot (liver enzymes)i hope it comes out well.  I just pray to god all will turn out ok.
Lumbar punchure revealed an issue with the brain fluid.  Dad is getting blood cultures to confirm....but it looks like the problem has been solved.  Had all the same symptoms shown above.  they called it like a cold on the brain...menicolis or something like that....fluid around the brain was infected with like a cold....keep you posted....
MANY OF YOU HAVE THE CLASSIC SYMPTOMS OF LYME DISEASE and you don't have to see the rash to have lyme. the tick is the size of the head of pin when it is engorged.
Many people do not test positive but are remarkably better after they start antibiotics. Pressure your doctors to treat you for one month of doxy and see if you dont feel better. After that you have to find a doctor who will treat you. Mainstream doctors are not ignoring what seems to be EPIDEMIC. Many people have it and don't know it adn the docs say" there is no Lyme in our state:" they are clueless.
WATCH THE DOCUMENTARY "UNDER OUR SKIN"
GOD BLESS.
Lyme disease is definitely a potential diagnosis for some of the individuals posting on this forum but other posts that I read described MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS or MS, I know this because I have it myself!!  I use to be a landscaper though that changed when I was diagnosed with MS almost two years ago at 19, now I very limited with what I am able to do.  The main symptoms that I experience are loss of coordination, loss of balance, weakness, tiredness, dizziness, sluggishness, difficulty thinking and focusing, general depression and anxiety, numbness in extremities or tingling. The last two happen on and off though the worst symptoms are that I get worse with heat.  The hotter I get the weaker I get (my legs turn into spaghetti and my vision also becomes impaired/double vision).  I am also going blind in my right eye (though it is a slow decline).  A quick check for MS is to look down as far as you can and if you experience what feels like an electric shock through your body that is a sure sign.  If you suspect or are suspected of having MS get an MRI of your head and upper neck and if you have the disease you will probably have lesions throughout your brain.  It is pretty difficult to describe the symptoms of MS as it affect everyone differently but if you are having physical issues that doctors can't diagnose it might be worthwhile to research MS.  I have said a lot of negative thing about this disease and it certainly is no walk in the park but there is hope in the fact that a lot of the symptoms can be reduced though not eliminated.  Even with all the difficulties you can still live a near normal life with just a few added difficulties though for me I will most likely end up in a wheel chair later in life but I still plan to live a long fulfilled life.  I hope this quick little blurb that I wrote helps and I hope everyone’s health improves!!!!!!!
alpha you are absolutely correct. And Ms does strike early young adults. That said I must put out there that MS, Chronic Fatigue and even ALS have been incorrectly diagnosed for people I know who ended up having Lyme. Please do watch the Under Our Skin documentary FREE, now on line.  The foggy brain, fatigue and shooting pains all scream borreliose. This bacteria is a spirochete that crosses the blood brain barrier.  It is the cousin of syphillus so you can see where the arthiritis, heart, neuopathy,brain symptoms including plaques (as in alzheimers) come from. I had five miscarriages and Chapel Hill MD's called me the "mystery lady". Now I know why. I do not offer false hope. BUT I do say, If there is not a conclusive diagnostic test for what ails someone and Lyme is in the differential, why not try a month of doxy and see if you get worse, then better. Check out the Special Forces guy at Fort Bragg who was in charge of moving seventh group to Florida when he was suddenly hit with a debilitating illness and ultimately after being given a death sentence by Fort Bragg went to Dr Jemsek and is getting better!!! THERE ARE SO MANY CASES IT IS WORTH CHECKING OUT.
its acute stress. unless u have them even whn ur on holidays.
Magnesium!! Please, if you are still out there, and you can hear me. If you have not tried it, try Magnesium. Get the pills of it, eat them once per day. I hope it helps, friend. I do I really, really, really do.
:( have you tried magnesium tablets? It seems like you have tried everything, and you probably have tried it. But I had this same problem, so similar it could be the same thing. Feed him some magnesium for a while. It changed my life. I hope you are still out there to get this.
I read your post, I can't help but think we had the same thing. I know this sounds strange, but I had, what I believe to be, a swollen optical nerve. I took prednisone. I went to Dr. Rutledge in Knoxville, TN. I drove over 600 miles to see him, and I was cured. He prescribed a steroid called Prednisone. I spent countless amounts of money and time seeing every kind of doctor imaginable. I know how frustrating it can be.

My most severe symptoms were as follows: Inability to read, dizziness, pain behind the eye, light sensitivity, and HEADACHE!

I have been off of the steriod for almost 6 weeks now and am still suffering from the side effects. It is not a quick fix, but it worked.

I really hope this helps.
One thing I'd like to add. His symptoms of not being able to look at a computer screen are IDENTICAL to mine. I believe the entire problem started due to an over exposure to the computer, or maybe just light in general.

I would only be able to look at the screen for 5 min too. My life was taken from me also. Have him go to Dr. Rutledge in Knoxville. If you research light sensitivity online you may be able to find a doc that is more convenient to go to.

My heart breaks for him. Tell him whatever he does to NOT look at a computer any more. This only make the problem worse.
your symtums are like mine i'm 47 the pain in my back started after i feel and fractured it in 2007  the other symyems most of my life.
I have about 80% of the same symptoms, anyone drink allot coffee?
I drink 3 cups a day on avergae, i cant cant cant start my day without it,
i lose track of what im doing constantly, i feel sick in the mornings, no energy or motivation, my head throbes when i try to concentrate or read, i'm in college and its so hard for me to sit down and concentrate afterwards to want to take a nap, i feel like taking a nap about 4 times a day, i get a short burst of energy from the coffee but its fades quickly, I do feel alittle disconnected.
The weird thing is my life has never been better, I'm in love, i have a great job and I'm in school to better my life even more. I live on the beautiful sunny beach and i just know why everything bothers me and i cant even stand to be in an elevator with people.
I did have a bit of a candida infection in my throat and like i said 3 to 5 cups a day of coffee
Anyone know whats up? should i quit the caffeine?
I had the same symptoms and got a variety of answers from doctors. Answers like , you work too hard, need more exercise, have stress, depression, anxiety, pinched nerve (huh?), and the most proponderous analysis "night person with bio-clock out of sync."

After seeing enough medically credentialized quacks, I looked into it myself and found an article on Hypoglycemia. The diet is incredibly hard to start and stay on but after one month it solved all the problems. Hard to keep on too.

http://www.whydoifeeltired.com/site/1448936/page/855686
This is how my "dizziness" starts...feels like my eyes are crossing and swirling but I've looked in a mirror and never see any movement...go to neuro Tues to compare MRI's to see if it's MS.
My symtoms (symptoms) are similiar to your.   A total lack of focus, a complete inability to learn new things.   I was able to do math in my head, now I can't figure out a thing and that is even with writing down and really trying to apply myself.
Trouble with simple emails.  Banking, I can no longer organize files for that matter - I can't organzine anything.    Neuroshrink testing, I felt so Stupid, I could not comprehend a thing, the idiotic diagnoises was "I wasn't applying myself".
So thousands of dollars wasted in worthless neurotesting, Not the brilliant neuroshrink, I came away being scammed out of big bucks.

I developed Migraines so intense, a year of suffering, amazing the migraines
resolved with Indomecin - an anti-inflammatory (so one symtom gone, thank goodness).

Biospy of Granulomas with chronic inflammatory cells.    Strep infection, impetigo (which is mistakenly thought of as patient's fault of bad hygiene - which Is Not the Case.  

When these zillions of MDs have no clue how to diagnoise, what to do to add insult to injury advised to see a shrink.  Complaining to shrink of physical and very real symtoms (symptoms) is a waste of money that I can't afford
due to severe cognitive.  My confusion got so Bad, I went to Emergency - problem as long as I could follow the emergency room Doctor's fingers and wasn't having seizures on the floor (Like the TV Show "House" exxageration - or chest pains "I was sent away".

Again I was wondering if this is Infection - either viral, bacteria, and fungal?
Oral Fungal symtoms (symptoms) have been diagnoised, candadis, so MDs write another prescription and send me away - even well meaning MDs can't get to the root cause.  

Help PLEASE
,  

I am wondering if this all stems from Infection  
u shud consult a neurologist...coz it can b some neurologoc disorder like parkisons disease or hulgimintn disease or anything like that which causes bcoz our brain cells start dying...m also facing same problems but in less quantity...but dese r increasing daily..also h sleep disturbnces
This sounds similar to a mild form of epilepsy..
Have you tried seeing a neurologist? I skimmed through the long list of comments on this post, and while I saw migraines mentioned often (which is a possibility - migraines can accompany other neurological conditions) but there could be something else neurological going on. Have you had an EEG? I'm not a medical professional, but I was diagnosed with epilepsy at age 16 (I'm 35 now), and migraines several years later. Throughout my childhood, I could never understand why my eyes would refuse to focus at times and I had such terrible trouble concentrating. Then, when I was 16, I had a seizure one night as I lay in bed reading a really good book (I didn't want to put it down no matter how tired I was!). I was taken to the ER, and my EEG showed clear signs of epilepsy. My seizures are well controlled with medication, but every one of the few seizures that I've had, occurred while I was reading, and particularly tired. I mention this because you noticed worsening of symptoms while reading or working on the computer. Research over the years since I was diagnosed has uncovered that there can be some correlation between seizure (and seizure-like) activiy and reading. If the origin of the seizure activity is located in the area of the brain that controls reading/the ability to comprehend what you've read, this would explain why your symptoms worsen when that area of the brain is activated.

Something interesting that I've noticed is that we have something else in common, and it makes me even more curious about how all of your symptoms might be related - I also have elevated AST and ALT levels, and they've been that way since several months after I found out about the epilepsy. At the time, I was started on a seizure medication with the possible side effect of damage to the liver, so my liver enzymes were regularly monitored, and began to be abnormal within a year. Hmmm...
Started about 20 years ago as a feeling of really well being, followed an inability to focus on a word, then color zig zag lines in my perepheral vision, followed by a bad headache, usually on left side.  I take some advil or acetaminophine, usually gone in less tha 30 minutes. I have floaters, have had for many years, but in he past 3 years one large one is in my right eye is particularly bothersome, often blocks my vision until I look away and back.  This "attack" happends irregularly, usually once every 2 - 3 months...I have noticed if I have a short attack, not really a headache to follow, another will be coming in a week or so.  Been through multiple eye exams, MRI's, you name it...no resolution.
Good luck...
jdski, you are experiencing classic migraines (which mean migraines with aura). Ask your doctor about abortive therapy for when you get one. Some people are able to avoid them entirely with certain medications.

The lack of coordination and focus is the headache prodrome (symptoms that occur before the headache event), the wavy lines are the aura (the lines as you describe them are scintillating scotoma). The headache is the migraine.

Floaters are unrelated and don't harm you. They are annoying but not dangerous.
i thought i was the only person in the world that was special enough to go through this i am also from MN OP i had 1 terrifying dream and woke up in some sort of extreme panic it was just a dream no reason to be scared i couldn't understand why i was so terrified of nothing 15 minutes later my ears started ringing & my head head started buzzing 1 minute later it went to an even higher Level my eyes started having some sort of glossiness on the sides as a sort of frontal only vision and not being able to see things from the corner of my eyesight i couldn't feel like anything existed in reality no emotion loss of coordination and taste (ketchup tasted like vinegar) i couldn't find my way in the dark no matter how hard i tried i went to the emergency room 3 time's or more hoping to be put in some sort of drug induced coma but they did nothing for me and just sent me on my way with no answers just looking at me like it's make believe like it's all my fault maybe making a stupid pointless dr. appointment they couldn't understand the extreme severity of it i needed help immediately not 1 month from then i could not sleep i could not dream if i slept i went to sleep for a minute and woke up feeling dry and depleted of all saratonin or whatever the freshness was when i used to wake up feeling great

( from what i have read it is Post Traumatic Stress )
i may also believe that its the cell phone towers screwing around and scrambling peoples natural electric waves in people brains because these things have sky rocketed since they started mass building these towers
My name is Michael.  I am 22 years old, about to be 23 in August, and the past year and a half or so has been a nightmare and really hasn't given me much hope for the future.

I have had brain fog for about 3 years and about a year ago i started having instances where my reaction time goes down, my vision gets blurred, i have a hard time understanding people, and a hard time getting my words out.  These instances only appeared to be happening once a month initially, but then it moved to once a week and then finally to it happening everyday.

My neurologist thinks that i have been having mild seizures, but all the medication that he has given me has only given me strange side effects and hasn't helped the actual problem.

Any advice would help, i just want my life back.
I haven't posted here in a while but have all the same symptoms, was finally diagnosed with late stage lyme disease/neuro-lyme.  I'm in treatment now, and the person who keeps saying to try a month a doxy, that's not really the solution.  The doxy made me even sicker.  I'm now in alternative treatments.  So a month of doxy may not make you feel better if you have lyme.  It may make you feel worse.  I'd find a lyme-literate doctor to properly diagnose you.  you can look under ILADS to find one in your area.  Some people get better with antiobotics, some need more alternative treatment depending on the individual.  Some need to combine both.  But I can just about guarantee if you're in late stage it will take a lot longer than a month to get better.  But if this is your diagnosis, don't give up no matter how long it takes.  
Just adding my name to the pile. I have most of the same symptoms everyone else here has described and have been seen by every specialist in the book. Neurologists, an ENT, a cardiologist, a psychologist, chiropractors, an OBGYN, numerous GPs, two acupuncturists. I'm kind of over trying at this point. I just want my intelligence back; I used to be so mentally sharp, and now it's a struggle to put together a sentence sometimes. That and I want the excruciating headaches to stop and to not feel unsteady on my feet all of the time, have to hold onto handrails for dear life on stairs and escalators, etc.

The hardest part of it all is the way the doctors treat me. It would be fine if they'd just tell me, "I don't know." But no, they have to take it a step farther and tell me that because they can't figure it out, I'm just crazy. I've lost all confidence in myself because of the way they keep telling me I'm not qualified to tell when there's something really wrong with my body. I feel like I can't trust myself anymore because I'll have a symptom, and then they'll just tell me, "Oh you just made that up. It's not real." I think I need to just stop going to doctors; they're making me worse off than I once was by treating me like an incompetent, invaluable moron. It's a shame. I used to be very self-confident and a natural go-getter, and now I put off doing things like applying to jobs because I feel like I'm not smart enough to do anything and will just fail at anything I try.

Thanks, doctors, for treating me like I'm stupid and don't matter. About that "Do no harm" oath.
Hi all
i have the same symptoms its beenlike 3 months and its stressing me out. has anyone started feeling better .please adive
I have had the same symptoms for 6 months now. From what I gather here it is more common than any Doctor would like to admit. My Doctor says it was from high blood pressure, but that was fixed by loosing weight and mild medication. Then I went for blood tests and found nothing. Then came the MRI and so on. I was told that it will probably pass and not to be so stressed about it.The last 20 years of my life with raising 2 kids on my own, work and bad relations have put a HUGE amount of stress on me and I think my mind finally had a mild breakdown. It is scary going through life not really living it but just being there. I am going to talk to my Doctor about"Depersonalization" and if he wont do anything about it maybe it's time I should talk to a Psychiatrist.I will not give up on this because I need to be here for my 2 boys and I need my life back to enjoy the small things. To all of you with the same symptoms ,my heart goes out to you.
I have the same focusing and memory problems from sleep apnea.  can it be from high blood pressure or something else, liver disease?
can you get an MRI of the brainstem or is that covered in the regular MRI?
my diagnosis came from an odd procedure.  I have much of the same symptoms as you, with the same results from the medical field.  I even went so far as to refer me to the Mayo Clinic.  I came back with more questions than answers.  Back to my odd procedure need to stay awake for this test.  I  that led to my diagnosis.  I had a visual field screening.  I was trying to focus and all my eye lids wanted to do is close.  The technician said that  need to stay awake for this test.  I told her i wasn't sleeping i just couldn't focus and keep my eyes open.  She held my eye lids open so I could finish the test.  She referred me to a plastic surgeon that specializes in eyes.  He did an examination asked me a few questions  about other week muscle areas, then asked if anyone has ever told that I may have myasthenia gravis?  He referred me back to my primary care doctor. who did some of the same examination and questions.  He of course knew the rest of my health history and was able to give me a clinical diagnosis of myasthenia gravis  we are waiting for the blood tests.  It is a very rare autoimmune disease that attacks the muscle nerve connection.  could your mirad of muscle weekness,(especialy the eyes) pain and fatigue be that simple?   Ask you primary care if myasthenia gravis could be to blame.
Hi I am a 22 year old female, I have been suffering the same syptoms (symptoms) such as ringing in my wars, blurred vision, fogginess in my head, dizziness, pain in my back, neck and arms. I have been feeling these for 4-5 months not that long it all started when I took aleageal drug MDMA. My partner left me and its become alittle worse now. I'm worrying about it all the time, I am normally healthy. I get really upset alot and just start crying even for no reason. I've had blood tests and they have all come back clear, I do quite stress a lot too. Since I've had these symptoms I have been on my period for 3 months now its not normal, clots and dark blood. :-( I'm abit concerned about it all. Speaking to my doctor about it was useless.  If anyone can help me with this please do. I'm young and I just want to get on with my life, I find it hard to get a job now and its like I'm giving up but I don't want to give up, I have a 6 year old boy to fight for aswell. I can't belive there is people out there suffering I thought I was the only one.
Hi I'm 22 years old I have been suffering from symptoms such as, ringing in my ears, foggines, back, neck shoulder and arm pains, headaches and a frew twitches I am also suffering from some nightmares which I have actually woke up screaming. I only started to get all this when I took  leagual drug MDMA and when my partner left me. I do get a little paranoid sometimes. I worry about mostly everything, I've had blood tests which have comet back normal but I'm sure there is something wrong. I find it hard to have a conversation cuz I can't think properly I also find it hard concentrating. I have no support around me which I find difficult too. I'm looking for answers everyday. I'm so worried and sad atm cuz I can't seem to find answers.
From the symptoms you described I feel like it could be Ocular Migraines or a pinched nerve in your back or neck. I suffer from both and all your symptoms sound vaguely familiar. Hope this helps.
Valerie
all of you should be tested for lyme and co-infections of lyme disease by a LLMD (lyme literate medical doctor) NOT your general doctor.

I have everything you guys have with the exception of pain. I have little to no pain. I also believe it is what we eat....I exercise almost daily and have loss 15lbs in the last 8 months...intentionally. It helped for awhile and I eat more fruit and vegetables. I use that "bullet" to eat more health. This has also helped. We all are being slowly poisen by our food. Not purposely but by accident. All this to have foods last longer, taste better, look appetizing. We cannot out engineer God when it comes to food. Also I believe it is the air we breath that is full of terrible microbes that is causing illnesses that we have yet named. Again it is not intentional. We all contribute when we drive our cars ....etc..We need to figure out how to shore up our immune system because we are not able to stop the circle of violence we have mounted on our environment. I believe we can make personal choices as to what we eat and where we live and what exercise/lifestyle we choose to overcome these issues related to our health. I really do not have confidence in our medical community and I am a RN.  We do not spend the time or energy to really research these common problems. However the medical community is advancing little by little...but we can do a lot more if money was not our only motivator. God Bless us All.................RDC
.    
I am replying to the last person in this post however this is for everyone who haas posted on all these weird symptoms first of all your not crazy, lazy, or anything else. I seem to be the oldest one in here with these symptoms, in that part the news is not good, i have been having these symptoms for over 15 years. After way too manyDr visits, test, and even trips to the mayo clinic here is what i have found out.  I found out i was exposed to a posion,  its the type they spray on trees for fungus and bugs, they found it in a hair sample. I never knew i had been exposed.  The next thing they found was iwasexposed to high doses of sulfur, which i found out i was exposed to when i went to Newfoundland, the water supply there has it in the water. It is found in a lot of water you get from public water companies. The third thing i foundout was i have not one but two different types of muscle diseases. One of these types causes your muscles to break free from surrounding tissue. Think about that everywhere in your body that muscles conne t to any other tissue it breaks free from that tissue. Hence headaches, blurred vision, etc...it effects every part of y0ur body. I had to under go surgery before they found it. I found a general surgeon ask him to do a muscle on my left thigh just above the knee he really didnt want to but finally agreed to do it. My whole life has changed now that i know what was making me have all the strange symptoms. Please email me if i can help you in anyway.  I havefound things thathelp the symptoms.  Laura. ***@**** i woulx notnormally put my email in anything public but i know what your going thru.
I just finished an 8 day fast, then started having symptoms of trouble concentrating when someone is talking to me & then trouble remembering what they said, blurrier than normal vision, not able to read words clearly, and have been zoning/daydreaming a lot. I was feeling like it could be symptoms of a stroke & was close to going to the ER lastnight. Does this sound like something you went thru?  Thank you
A lot of the problems everyone on this website is expressing has a lot to do with the neck area. Stress does have some play on this but it's more of a chronic problem. I suffer from a lot of these symptoms myself and a simple heating pad and a wet wash cloth on the neck and upper shoulder blade area for 20 min and some massaging of the muscles can help your clarity tremendously. I find my self needing to do this daily. some of the other symptoms dizziness etc. ,it possibly could be connected, but I myself discovered I had a perforated ear drum. Not completely healed but symptoms improving as it heals. Hope this info helps.
Look into Idiopathic intracranial hypertension - all your symptoms seem to indicate that could be the cause of your troubles.
I am 21 experiencing many of the symptoms for little over a year. mostly migraines, visual, cognitive issues with the neck pains. It is very hard for me to function. It's just very draining on your body trying to adjust and cope. I had to drop out of college because it was getting too difficult for me to concentrate in class due to these symptoms. I do not have a job either, I feel I would get fired if I had too many sick days due to this issue. I'm at at the end of my rope and wanted to ask what you guys are doing to support yourself financially? I don't know how I will be able to get work like this...
I'm no doctor, but these symptoms sound like a yeast infection or diabetes.
I have had eye problems, dizziness, slurred speech a numb face and burning and numbness in my ankles and feet. Also like a tight band around my wrists and poor coordination in my fingers.  All this started a few days after I saw an osteopath following a virus in my neck. I now have a trapped nerve in my neck and my neck crackles and the lower cervical bones moves at times. I am just learning to accept things and make most of every day as the doctors seem to be useless in helping me
i have experienced a lot of the symptoms you all are experiencing. Dec. 2013 i started experiencing brain fog, vision problems, dizziness, and my migraines were horrible. I also battled chronic anxiety for 3 yrs...i was a mess. My Dr. wasn't helping she just kept on prescribing pills after pills to make me feel better and i felt worse! I finally lost all hope and decided that I needed to seek The Great Physician, the Lord, and i began praying and asking Him for help! no one understood what I was going through. my family believed me when i talked about the brain fog, but couldn't understand how i could feel like i was in a dream all the time. Finally God led me to see a natural Dr. who tested my thyroid through body temp (as it isn't an accurate reading through blood testing). He also tested my iodine levels and they were very low which was the cause of my migraine/neck pain, and put me on Panothetic Acid (B5 vitamin) for my Chronic fatigue. It has been 9 months since I have had a migraine (was having them once/twice per month, before) i am almost of my anti depressant for anxiety, and my brain fog is COMPLETELY GONE! I am also no longer fatigue, and feel healthy again. Please, please consider your hormones! i thought i was going crazy or had a brain problem when all along I was just a hot mess of hormones! There is hope!! 11 months ago i happened upon this sight to find answers and I found nothing, but people like myself, searching in desperation to feel normal again. I came back to tell you all that there is an almighty God who wants to heal you and make you well, both Physically and Spiritually. Find your hope in Him.  
i have gone threw all of these symptoms, right down to my wrist and hands hurting for no reason at all. this last year being the worst i have stopped driving and close to not caring for myself. i had a foot surgery and a lil more than two weeks later i passed a huge blood clot. the doctors have noooooo clue as to how i survived it. this clot is laying in a spot were it can move to either lung. now that i am on blood thinners, my symptoms have disappeared. i had been diagnosed with fibromyalgia more than five years ago. i kept blaming this diagnosis for everything, but now i am sure that is not what is going on. i have been tested for lupus...again...but my blood doctor is saying some sort of blood disorder. i can now see out of my eyes again, headaches are gone, room stopped spinning and shoulder and wrist pain is gone. please, please, please becareful. still very tierd, but just recovering.
You guys need to find a really good neurologist who specializes in migraines, because that's what I think many of these things are. I had migraines for several years that produced no headaches, only periods of incredible dizziness lasting two to three hours and only relieved by sleep, ringing in my ears, disorientation. I do sometimes get headaches now, but not always; and I can tell when a migraine is coming on because I get "twitchy" and cannot focus on words to read or write. The only reason I was ever diagnosed was because I went to see an ENT who also gets migraines, and he said he thought that's what I had. The neurologists I have seen are relatively clueless about dizziness being a symptom of migraine, but it's much more common than most neurologists presume. Mine put me on preventative medications. Each works for several years but eventually loses efficacy, and then I have to switch to a different medicine. Dizziness, disorientation/fogginess, difficulty focusing on words, and even pain in weird places can be migraine-related, and it's worth it to go to a neurologist who specializes in migraine and investigate the possibility.
Dear Trying and everyone else,  I know what everyone is talking about!  I live it!  I have lived with migraines for probably 20 years!  Have a great neurologist that worked with me and we got meds and regulated, and then had to change, and now I take Topamax daily to maintain and have Zomig if needed!  My headaches have gotten SO much better!  Also, after I had a hysterectomy, they got better so hormones we think made them worse too!  Then in 2004 I was diagnosed with MS, got 2nd opinion from Duke and same diagnosis!  I started Betaseron immediately!  I have been doing physically pretty well except for about 5 excerbations that needed IV steroids.  I have been hospitalized twice (once was because doctors thought I was having a heart attack but it was MS hug!)  My biggest problem and heart ache is cognitive!  I had to stop working bc of my not being able to perform the job of (27 years teaching Kindergargten in public schools!)  I could no longer do the simple things I once did!!!  It is so frustrating and feel quite demeaning.  I can't remember and don't know things I used to!  I especially don't remember names!  (People tell me that that happens to them all the time!  It happens to me sometimes to on 'tha" level but what I try to describe is not normal!  I feel like I am trying to grab the top of a rope and I know but I can't!  I spend so much time turning circles it feels like!  I have no concept of time!  I go into a store and it seems like 10 minutes and I get in the car to see I had been in the store for 2+ hours!!!  I can't handle affairs and business things because I can't comprehend!  I too feel like people must think I am an idiot!  I just feel so inadequate.  In 2007 I was diagnosed with breast cancer, as was my sister, then in 2008 my hair was just growing back in and my husband was diagnosed with stage 3c colorectal cancer, during his second treatment my dad diagnosed with lung cancer and lasted 1 month!  Then 2009 my brother in  law prostate cancer and three months later my mom bladder cancer! Praise God we all have had surgeries, treatments, and are all in remission!  This gave me a new outlook to life but also PTSD!!  Imagine that!!!  I still go to a therapist who is absolutely wonderful, my family and friends are the BEST, and my church family is understanding and great!  I still have sadness that I feel so alone in my world at times (I do always know Jesus is with me!) But people don't really and truly understand.  It is just so strange.  At times I feel I am in the "twilight zone!"  I was at my neurologist today and she is going to do an EEG to make sure I am not having any seizures due to the damage of leisions from the MS!  One day at a time and one step at a time!  I keep reminding myself of this because no one knows the future- and each day is such a blessing I choose to enjoy the moment and to continue to be grateful!  I pray for each of you guys out there to be able to find the right help and peace of mind and heart!  Just remember you are NOT alone!  Peace- Anne