under eye twitching
under my  right  eye in the soft part right under the lid has been twitching almost constantly for about 2 weeks, should I be concerned?
I had my eyes checked in December 07 and they were fine, I was complaining at that time with a brite light flashiing occasionnally from the corner of my left eyes and the eye dr felt like I was about to have a migrain or possibly a bllod vessel was about to burst, but that everything in my eye looked healthy, that still occurs but not as frequently as it was back last fall, I do have headaches a lot but i have been like that for YEARS!!!!!
but for around the past 2 weeks i have had this spasm or twitching under my right eye which is noticeable to others.
I take calcium, magnesium and zinc dailey and 2 blood pressure medicines and nexium.

Jane

This discussion is related to Please Help Me ....worried about chronic eye twitches.
I get that quite often...my most recent occurance lasted longer then ever before....I never did get any answers, but I did notice it tends to start when I am over tired.....how r ur sleeping habits?.....just a thought...if u find out what it is let me know!! lol

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"
Are you on a computer a lot? Staring at a PC or TV screen a lot can do that. Being tired, fatigued, or stressed can also do it. Less likely is a nervous disorder.

Eye twitches are mainly just annoying. I have one that comes and goes.

Eye twitching can be due to the spasm of the eye muscles.  It is a common problem affecting a lot of people. Some of the causes can be

• Smoking, Caffeine or alcohol use
• Stress/fatigue/lack of sleep
• Irritation of the eye surface or inner eyelids
• Eye disorders such as dry eye, conjunctivitis, blepharitis, photosensitivity
• Neurological disorders
• Medications i.e. anti epileptic, anti psychotic etc

Usually medical advise is taken if the twitching is persistent (>1 week), eye abnormalities such as redness, discharge etc, twitching in other parts of the face, closure of eyes during twitching, associated with other symptoms such as headache.

You should consult your doctor about the twitching for evaluation and treatment.

Take care and do write in if you need more information.
Regards