Neurology Community
understanding MRI should i be concerned
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

understanding MRI should i be concerned

My history : cronic (chronic) bladder problems,cervical cancer at 17, lym disease, depression.  Have not been feeling right for a year.  Started with getting off a boat and my head felt strange.  Went to the ER found no bleeders but did find secondary on CT scan that were dismissed.  Later months went to the Dr feeling strange and sent to the ER for possible heart attack.  Did a cardio cath and found nothing.  Primary sent me to a Neurology Dr who read CT scan wanted to do a MRI. MRI showed 1 cm meningioma in the left frontal lobe without significant mass effect or associated edema. Ventricular size remains normal linits. Also scattered T2 hyperintensities within the periventricular deep white matter of both hemispheres. this is a nonspecific finding,can be seen as sequelea of chronic miscrovascular insult, hypertension,diabetes.Demyelinating condition is considered less likely.  Dr said he wanted to establish a growth patern that he was sure would show nothing, scheduled another MRI in 3 months.
New MRI shows: Stable 1 cm meningioma in left frontal lobe.
Scattered stable T2 and FLAIR hyperintensities within the subcortical and deep shate matter of both hemispheres which may represent microangiopathic disease, however a demyelinating disorder cannor be excluded.
What does this all mean?  What questions should I be asking?  I still do not feel myself, have good day, bad, worse and ok days.
Please help!