Neurology Community
unknown

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

unknown

I am not sure how to ask of how to even start but  from the being. Even since I could remember I have not been like everyone else. I have never been able to run, walk up stairs,skip, jump, etc. I never been able to gain muscles, tone or anything. I have known something is wrong but up until recently no one thought anything was wrong and though it was just in my head..come to find out after  takin a sample of my muscle they found muscle deterieration. I get tried ever easily and it takes alot of me to walk up stairs, i have horrible balance, hand eye coordination, etc. I just wanna know what is wrong me me..fixable or not just would like to know. Been dealing with it for 21 years now and  am sick of not knowing.. If anyone could help i would apprecaite it so much.
You may have some form of muscular dystrophy, which a geneticist can make the diagnosis in conjunction with a neurologist.  I had a friend who had it, he moved around really well in his early 20s, altho like you he could not run and he had a heck of a time on stairs.  Lack of coordination, by the way, can be one of the symptoms, and so can be an awkward gait.  When he reached his 30s, he was still quite active altho he used a cane.  When he got up into his 50s, he was taken down really fast by something totally unrelated to his muscular dystrophy or MD; otherwise he would have lived a longer life.  His health care was taken care of by Medicaid and he made his living as a musician and also by receiving Social Security Disability monies.  For those reasons, it would be a good idea to get a certain diagnosis, because either it will help you financially to have MD, but it could also be you do not have it and might be something else that the docs can explain to you, treat, maybe even stop the muscular degeneration.  I only know about MD.
hello
what dr. did the muscle biopsy or even the requesition to do a biopsy should be able, i think to help guide you to the correct dr. to see that would be help you further than siimply telling you that you have a degenerative muscle disease. so sorry but i don't know what else to saay.

wishing you well,
mixedblessings