upper back pain with extreme fatigue
hello, i was wondering if any one could give me some advice.i am a 37 year old female whom is falling apart. i have had extreme burning in my upper back for some time now, with fatigue and other symptoms. i thouught i had finally found a doctor who cared and he says i have osteoporosis. my pain is so bad i can't lift anything over 15 pounds but in the same breathe he says i can work. i can't even vacumn my own carpets anymore, let alone keep up with my kids. something keeps telling me i should search futher that this diagnosis is wrong. does anyone out there experience the same things i do if so i sure would love to hear from you. sitting hurts walking, standing for a long time, basically doing anything. the pain and all the frustration is really getting to me.
Get you a good internist!!!  they will get to the root of the problem
What are your other symptoms?  Have you seen a rhuematologist, or been assessed for FMS, SLE, CFS?  I have been diagnosed with these and also have burning pain in my upper back, usually from shoulders to mid back, and aching pain in my neck and the rest of my back.  My rhuematologist advised against any surgery on my neck, back, hands, etc., saying this type of pain goes along with FM, and that surgury will not help.  Well I got a second opininion on my carpal tunnel and elbow problems, had the surgery, but STILL have the pain.  Only difference, now I have weakness in my hands.  Hope this helps.
Have you had an MRI of the c-spine?  Also, you mentioned other symptoms but did not say what those other symptoms are.  Would any of them happen to be neck, shoulder, or arm pain?

I have burning sensations in my upper back like a bad sunburn pain feeling and it was attributed to spinal stenosis with cord compression.  I'm not saying that this is the case with you, but something nerve related is probably going on and should be investigated.