Neurology Community
vagal nerve

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

vagal nerve

I was hospitilized for what I thought was an allergic reaction to an inhaler that my dr gave me. Swollen face, rash on chest and face, trouble breathing, tightness in chest and a bad cough. On a Saturday I went to the ER and they told me it was just my asthma even though I told them that I felt like I was going to pass out when I cough. They took an xray of my chest, gave me a breathing treatment, a shot of steriods and sent me home. The next day I was sleeping on the couch and when I woke up, I started coughing and I passed out. My husband said that my face turned bright red and I started to shake. I came to after a little bit. I went to the ER and was admitted for one week. They did every test in the book and I don't think that they still knew what was wrong with me. I stopped taking the inhaler the dr gave me while I was hospitalized and I was getting better, however the  cough never did and neither did the passing out. I was discharged, started taking the inhaler again as instructed by the dr and once again I was swelling up and another rash had formed. 9 days later I was still passing out and my husband took me to the ER once again because I feel and hit my head. I was hospitalized again. They did a ct, and xray, the holter monitor, ultrasound of my heart and nothing. They even sent in a neurologist who told me that it was normal to pass out and to make sure I am sitting down when I do start coughing so I don't hurt myself. Needless to say they discharged me with blood pressure medicine. I still cough and pass out even on the blood pressure medicine. I did stop taking the inhaler since I was discharged the second time and the cough and passing out aren't so violent however I still cough and pass out at least every other day if not every day. I have also noticed that I can't get out of bed so fast like I used to. I can't move fast, I have to do everything slowly. If I don't, I start to cough and then pass out. No one has been able to tell me what is exactly wrong with me. I can't drive with the thought of passing out with my daughter in the car is horrifying. I need help. This is controlling my life. I need to know what is wrong with me and no one seems to know or is able to help. Can someone please expain what is happening?