vascular spasms
my question concerns vascular spasms. I am 29 year old female and have had several symptoms collectivley diagnosed as vascular spasms. they include:
extreme floaters in my vision-which lasted about 9 months and have subsided within the last 6mths.
a very pointed sharp pain in the upper right forehead area just above the temple-which took place fairly regularly for about 8 months and have subsided in the last 3 months.

When these things began occuring i was very scared and called my internist-who referred me to an opthamologist and scheduled an MRI of the brain.

The opth. found no retinal detachment or problem with the vitrious(fluid in the eye) that would be causing this unusually high count of floaters. he diagnosed them as ocular migraines.

The MRI showed nothing abnormal either, and my internist diagnosed these painful tinges as vascular spasms. He prescribed Topamax to help with the frequency of them occuring. I had to stop taking the medication due to the side effects it caused in my daily life, it made me very distractable.  

The floaters have subsided now and the painful tinges are mostly gone.  However, this evening I had a boomarang shaped "pucker" in the field of vision for my right eye. it was a "c" shape that was a kalidascope of swirling colors containing very liney patterns. It started as a narrow medium sized c until the "c" became so large and wide that it was only in my peripherial vision and looked like the shadow of fan blades. when i looked to my far right to see it, i would see the bright pink and blue colors. It was so dizzying it almost made me sick. I called my own personal eye doctor (not the opth. i saw before) at home this evening, and she is seeing me in the morning. She has no knowledge of the earlier dianosis of vascular spasms in my temple or the ocular migraines. She said this sounds like vascular spasms in the eye to her (if its not retinal detachment-which is doubtful since it subsided within 45 minutes). What causes vascular spasms and are they dangerous? I mentioned them once to friend who is an RN and she said to ask about "narrowing". I am very concerned and wondering if there is something i can do to help myself, especially if i had them in my right temple and now am having them in my right eye.

Vascular spasm is a sudden brief tightening of the blood vessel of eye. There is a possibility of retinal migraine which is very rare and can cause vascular spasms of eye blood vessels.